Meanwhile at Mississippi

USC was missing 30 schollies at the time like Miami was in the late '90's. He was USC's Butch Davis - hired after the previous guy left who won NC's, but had NCAA infractions that he had to deal with. The difference was USC's AD succumbed to the fans while Butch was given the time to climb his way out of it while fans were flying banners.
Kiffin is no Butch Davis, sorry.

He inherited a stacked roster and won in Year 2. He was on a clear downward trend by year 4, and fired mid-year.

Advertisement
Lane’s got the roids. Mario currently doesn’t. That’s why Ole Miss will finish the season in the top 5 and Oregon might finish unranked. You know what. Let’s choose the coach of the team that might finish unranked

The coaches okayed the QB's they have, so you can't just shrug that off and say we have a better QB. You wouldn't give Manny the same latitude, nor should you Mario.

Did Mario and company not look like trash tonight? Did they not look like trash two weeks ago? It wasn't just the QB looking poor out there. So why does he get a pass?

Can't tackle, I must've missed the tackling clinic these last two games Oregon demonstrated.

This is a game of what have you done for me now. Not what you did last year. We did better record wise last year with a QB who didn't throw the ball as well as TVD has of late. Our record still is what it is.

Again, you can't pass off the QB to the OC. You are the head coach, have to sign off on it all. Year four, you're stuck with this an an ancient style of play? Sorry, not buying it.

We would smack the **** out of Mario this year. Didn't you just say you can't coach much better around a trash QB.

They did beat OSU. There were outgained and won the turnover battle. It was also the first game for their QB and widely accepted they would get demolished as the season went on. Hang your hat on that though.
Sometimes you have to coach around your flaws; Mario has, but Manny has not.

Oregon held Utah to 13 offensive points and forced Rising into throwing two picks on great defensive plays in the first half. Ducks came to play on defense but, when you have a non-thrower like Oregon does, the opposing defense can pack the box, play man and make you one-dimensional. Mario lost to a better QB, team and--many would argue--coach.

Statistically we're the worst tackling team in the country. We lost to FIU and UNC ran for 700 yards on us. Manny struggles to compete against inferior talent and The Ducks would have run the ball all over us the way every team we play does.

Mario does more with less and Manny does less with more.

Last edited:
Yeah but, Manny has a better win %. Oh, wait lets go more recent. Manny ended year 5-1, Mario ended 4-2. Small sample size. Let's go 2 years Manny 15-8 and Mario 14-6.

Let's fire Manny he is horrible and Let's back up the Brink's truck for Mario.

Just like I felt we should let season play out before passing judgment on Manny. I believe we should be open to other coaching options. Maybe there are other options than Butch and Mario
Okay, but if TVD doesn't save the season none of those stats are in Manny's favor. And don't forget, Manny is coaching Miami and Mario is coaching in Oregon! You do realize you're comparing 5xNC Miami Hurricanes to the Oregon Ducks, right?

Advertisement
Kiffin is no Butch Davis, sorry.

He inherited a stacked roster and won in Year 2. He was on a clear downward trend by year 4, and fired mid-year.
Miami was no pushovers. They played for the NC against Nebraska the year before Butch started.

We'll never know if Kiffin could have turned things around. In year 3, he had reached the full effect of the 30 fewer scholarships (10 per year) so 55 scholarship players and still didn't have a losing record. He didn't get the chance to see if he could pull them through the other side like Butch did.

Butch had a pretty good first couple of years 8-3, then 9-3, but then his team nosedived in year 3 when the full lack of scholarships hit hard (5-6). As a matter of fact, both coaches started out 3-2 in year 4. The difference being Kiffin got fired and Butch didn't.

Sometimes you have to coach around your flaws; Mario has, but Manny has not.

Oregon held Utah to 13 offensive points and forced Rising into throwing two picks on great defensive plays in the first half. Ducks came to play on defense but, when you have a non-thrower like Oregon does, the opposing defense can pack the box, play man and make you one-dimensional. Mario lost to a better QB, team and--manny would argue--coach.

Statistically we're the worst tackling team in the country. We lost to FIU and UNC ran for 700 yards on us. Manny struggles to compete with inferior talent and
The Ducks would have run the ball all over us the way every team we play does.

Mario does more with less and Manny does less with more.
I wouldn't say he does more with less as he has the most talented roster in the Pac12. Kyle Whittingham is an example of doing more with less.

Lane’s got the roids. Mario currently doesn’t. That’s why Ole Miss will finish the season in the top 5 and Oregon might finish unranked. You know what. Let’s choose the coach of the team that might finish unranked
I’ve never seen a P5 10 win team finish unranked, but let’s go with that lmao

Advertisement
Yeah but, Manny has a better win %. Oh, wait lets go more recent. Manny ended year 5-1, Mario ended 4-2. Small sample size. Let's go 2 years Manny 15-8 and Mario 14-6.

Just like I felt we should let season play out before passing judgment on Manny. I believe we should be open to other coaching options. Maybe there are other options than Butch and Mario
In Mario’s 4 years at Oregon, he has more 10 win seasons than Miami has had in the past 15 years. You guys are unbelievable lol yes let’s stick with manny

Lane

Advertisement
Okay, but if TVD doesn't save the season none of those stats are in Manny's favor. And don't forget, Manny is coaching Miami and Mario is coaching in Oregon! You do realize you're comparing 5xNC Miami Hurricanes to the Oregon Ducks, right?
If Mario did not have Justin. OU's 2019 season might not have happened. Not saying Manny is better, any change at this point is a positive. Just like many overlooked TVD and felt Garcia was the obvious answer at QB. The Butch, Mario, Lane folks might be overlooking other candidates. We can put Jim Tressel as AD and Lou Holtz out there and I will 100% support the team. In the meantime, we already have folks questioning Dan Radakovich credentials. It's ridiculous....

Yet we heard not a peep about him for several high profile jobs this year, not nd, not USC, not LSU and not OU.
I heard his name floated around for OU and UF by ppl who have no clue…ND, USC and LSU would never touch the guy for obvious reasons imo

Advertisement
Lane is clearly the better coach plus he's an offensive mind which is where the game leans right now. The only reason it's slightly a debate is bc Mario is a better recruiter.

I don't mind Mario but ya'll keep overlooking a very negative trait. He keeps losing games to teams that are alot less talented. That is also what has been happening here for 20 years. He is an upgrade from Manny but that is a major red flag.

The reason why we aren’t harping on other coaches is because Mario to miami is the real possibility..the reason why Lane is being mentioned is because of canes Twitter and message board (see 2010 Jon Gruden rumors). Could easily circle jerk about ALL the other “possibilities”. But let’s focus on what’s real for now..Mario coming to Miami is a realistic idea. He’s Option A, B and C…lane is message board wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Back