Meanwhile at Mississippi

Advertisement
Mario would crush it in the ACC and put that recruit fence back. He will build an SEC style power house. Miami needs someone like Mario who will seriously commit to the program for a long time. No doubt kiffin could win here but he’s to big of an ego with a questionable long time commitment. He’s an unreliable hire.

Advertisement
Yeah but, Manny has a better win %. Oh, wait lets go more recent. Manny ended year 5-1, Mario ended 4-2. Small sample size. Let's go 2 years Manny 15-8 and Mario 14-6.

Let's fire Manny he is horrible and Let's back up the Brink's truck for Mario.

Just like I felt we should let season play out before passing judgment on Manny. I believe we should be open to other coaching options. Maybe there are other options than Butch and Mario
The problem those numbers ignore is that manny’s D has been getting worse and his record this year is worse than last year. ST are a mess. Penalties are out of control. Even in those wins at the end of the season, 2 phases of the game were completely letting us down. That’s on coaching, scheme, and motivation…literally what his job is.

I don’t disagree in theory about other options- Miami has too much history of just hiring the first guy they think of- but I don’t see anybody who’s better. Every guy out there has potential and part of their resume that points towards future success but they all have negatives too. To be fair, there was reason to think al could turn this mess around, and Manny too. On paper they both look like good motivators who recruit fairly well. ****, al had success at frickin Temple, you’d think that would point to good things. It’s easy to make the case for lots of guys, the truth is we don’t know the problems until they come here and fail.

Lmao...Corral was a nobody throwing at 59% completion rate...Lane got there last year and he went to 71% for these past 2 seasons...

Smh....come with facts instead of trying to hate
Corral is a better athlete with better arm-talent and feel for the game than Brown; my eyes tell me that. And before Lane Corral's stats surpassed Brown's at BC by every statistical measure. No hate, just facts.

Passing​

Passing
YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
2018Ole MissSECFRQB4162272.723910.910.621184.9
2019Ole MissSECFRQB1010517859.013627.77.663131.0
*2020Ole MissSECSOQB1023132670.9333710.210.12914177.6
2021Ole MissSECJRQB1225837868.333338.89.4204157.7
CareerOle Miss61090467.582719.19.35722160.3

Passing
YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
*2017Boston CollegeACCFRQB1013425851.913675.34.6119103.5
2018Boston CollegeACCSOQB1215828555.421217.47.4209134.8
*2019Boston CollegeACCJRQB68113759.112509.19.892154.5
*2020OregonPac-12SRQB2152365.21647.18.920153.8
2021OregonPac-12SRQB1221132764.525457.88.2164143.6
CareerOverall599103058.274477.27.35824132.8
Boston College37368054.947387.06.84020126.9
Oregon22635064.627097.78.3184144.3

Lmao...Corral was a nobody throwing at 59% completion rate...Lane got there last year and he went to 71% for these past 2 seasons...

Smh....come with facts instead of trying to hate
True. The Lane haters have the nerve to say he won because of Corral. Lane can get any QB he wants. As long as he’s still coaching in college trust me he will always have a great QB.

Advertisement
The problem those numbers ignore is that manny’s D has been getting worse and his record this year is worse than last year. ST are a mess. Penalties are out of control. Even in those wins at the end of the season, 2 phases of the game were completely letting us down. That’s on coaching, scheme, and motivation…literally what his job is.

I don’t disagree in theory about other options- Miami has too much history of just hiring the first guy they think of- but I don’t see anybody who’s better. Every guy out there has potential and part of their resume that points towards future success but they all have negatives too. To be fair, there was reason to think al could turn this mess around, and Manny too. On paper they both look like good motivators who recruit fairly well. ****, al had success at frickin Temple, you’d think that would point to good things. It’s easy to make the case for lots of guys, the truth is we don’t know the problems until they come here and fail.
But same can be said about Mario. 4-3 last year (let's blame Covid) 3 more losses this year (Poor QB play) He also had a generational talent at QB and misused him at times.

I know, ANYONE IS BETTER THAN MANNY. But, is he really the right guy?

But same can be said about Mario. 4-3 last year (let's blame Covid) 3 more losses this year (Poor QB play) Technically, he had a generational talent at QB and misused him at times.

I know, ANYONE IS BETTER THAN MANNY. But, is he really the right guy?
Nobody knows. Literally nobody. The problem with fans is they’re so f*^ing sure they know everything.

Lane Kiffin was bad at USC with all the resources in the world

could he be better now? maybe

but significantly better than mario? no
Lane is a better on field coach. Not even close. Mario is better with the recruiting and off the field stuff.

Advertisement
Did you watch my video? It explains how this all started Lane has the absolute best Agent in CFB coaching..it’s why his name is mentioned in most big openings annually
Yet we heard not a peep about him for several high profile jobs this year, not nd, not USC, not LSU and not OU.

What makes this guy the only choice for so many?
I'm still tryna figure out what makes either of these two guys the 'only choice' for so many.

It's like how, not even 10 hours ago, Tom Jurich as Miami's next AD was the 'only choice' for so many.....
.....until he wasn't and Miami had made a great AD hire that people would've thought was unrealistic just this morning.

I'm tryna figure out, with the 'Scrooge McDuck gold coin swimming pool type money' that people keep saying the Canes finally have on hand and Blake James gone and an adult in the room at AD, why there is such a need to hype the pro's and rationalize the con's on just these two guys.

Why not cast a wide net for head coaching candidates (in the P5 and NFL) that might seem, tonight, as "unrealistic" as our AD hire seemed this morning.

I don't think it has to be Mario or Lane, but that feels like where we are (or are headed) anyway.

But now that I've said all that, I'm just glad Manny is gone(?) and I'll take whoever the ****. Let Zagacki be the coach. **** it.

Ooooooooooooooh
M
A
R
I
O
LANES!!!!

Ultimately, it will be the powers that be's decision. I for one will support whom ever they have and root for success. At times it seems like some folks rather be right than having the team win..
I assume by “at times” you meant “every second of every day”.

Advertisement
Kiffin is like the back up QB of your team. You've seen him a few times and he looked good but there's a reason he's the backup.

I don't know how you can s*** on Mario while not acknowledging all of Kiffins failures and issues. It's fine that you think he'd make a great coach but don't fool yourself

Yeah but, Manny has a better win %. Oh, wait lets go more recent. Manny ended year 5-1, Mario ended 4-2. Small sample size. Let's go 2 years Manny 15-8 and Mario 14-6.

Let's fire Manny he is horrible and Let's back up the Brink's truck for Mario.

Just like I felt we should let season play out before passing judgment on Manny. I believe we should be open to other coaching options. Maybe there are other options than Butch and Mario
The hypocrisy has been brutal here indeed.

I hope they speak with at least one other coach and not run out and get the first guy who looks good. Many hated BJ for doing just that with Manny.

Lane Kiffin was bad at USC with all the resources in the world

could he be better now? maybe

but significantly better than mario? no
USC was missing 30 schollies at the time like Miami was in the late '90's. He was USC's Butch Davis - hired after the previous guy left who won NC's, but had NCAA infractions that he had to deal with. The difference was USC's AD succumbed to the fans while Butch was given the time to climb his way out of it while fans were flying banners.

Lane is a better on field coach. Not even close. Mario is better with the recruiting and off the field stuff.
Yeah, but off-the-field issues can ruin a program. Miami experienced that from 1995-1998. Only recovered because of great work by Butch. Would be difficult to repeat. Florida never recovered from Meyer. Yes, 2 NCs, but Lane is no Meyer.

I trust @DMoney and @Brooklyndee in their concerns about Lane. Great offensive HC, sure, but hire him and be prepared to accept long term problems.

Advertisement
Back