Meanwhile at Mississippi

Advertisement
Honest question, why do you hate lane so much? Is there any particular reason? I feel like you’re his biggest critic on the board 😂
Mane all ive done is tell the truth lol… ive said it before..I never understood the hype Miami fans, and cfb in general had for the guy..i remember the OAK mess. A job nobody knows exactly how he got..turns out it was a Al Davis making one of the worse Coaching hires to date at that time. I remember being a kid watching the Lane to Tenn news break on College game day..Tenn wasn’t the joke it has become today back then..the crew CRUSHED the idea of him getting that Job based on absolutely nothing he had accomplished..

I remember him leaving in the night to go to SC..The Hype. And then the sanctions he had to endure m..the talent he was still able to attract..then 2012 came, and SC was supposed to be back..Barkley, Marquis’ Lee, Agohlar, Woods..that team was LOADED. Ranked 1. Then went 7-6. Then starts the next szn 2-3 or something like that he’s fired on the team bus.

Then he goes to the coaching rehabilitation clinic in Alabama..did a Great job as the OC..Then gets fired days before the Natty. Next He’s all on TV staying relevant (Thanks Jimmy sexton) ..goes to FAU does pretty well..now he’s resurfaced again at Ole miss..and once again based Off one good szn, can’t take that away from him, somehow once again here he is being rumored to elite job openings..and here are Miami fans once again eating it up as tho there’s anything in his now 15 plus career that validates him being the guy for THIS task. It make no sense. Screams of everything that’s wrong in the coaching industry that goes beyond just cfb..we say we need a established proven guy..we say we don’t want a HC who failed at stops..and yet Lane kiffin..somehow someway is the candidate a lot of ppl want

Advertisement
It's bad. I didn't realize how bad they were until talking to some folks connected to the program and Alabama. Deeper than philandering and tweeting.
Guy has been coaching all of his life. I rather have a bad boy but finally give an ACC trophy than a choir family boy who is getting his *** kicked just like Manny at UNC last year. Even Herbie mentioned UNC kick butt on Miami-- that is what this game reminded him of. Two Miami guys getting their assk kicked. I do not want to rinse and repeat.

Advertisement
Here is the thing. Is Mario better than Manny? Yes... Is he worth breaking the bank for? IMO, we can probably a comparable HC (Lane, Stoops, etc) at a more reasonable cost. This will also allow us to spread the money around and get better assistants. Let's face it, one of our struggles in luring top head coaches is that we do not have the money for assistants.
If the big money want Mario. That’s who we will get. Risky move but at the same time, UM has expressed several times over the past few weeks that money clearly isn’t an issue. And that resources and attention will finally be put in athletics. As risky as this move maybe, we can see a potential Alabama like commitment from the school with Mario like Saban.

A lot of people are glossing over that. Mario has his baggage but so does the Lane Train.
I like Kiffin. I’d take him as our coach in a second. But I’m not going to pretend that he’s not an opportunist who jumps from job to job. Anyone who jumps aboard the Lane train has to realize that it only makes short distance trips and never stays in one station for more than a year or two.

Advertisement
You think Lane Kiffin is THE guy? He has never won a conference title in the power 5.

He beat #3 Oregon in 2012 with only 51 scholarship players in the regular season, finished 10-2 and would have played them again for the Pac12 conference title but they couldn't play due to sanctions. And don't move the goal posts. A P5 team is supposed to beat P5 teams. A G5 team is supposed to beat G5 teams. FAU hadn't been over .500 in 6 seasons and he won his conference twice with double digit win seasons. Anyone with eyeballs can see that Ole Miss would have teabagged the Pac12.

I like Kiffin. I’d take him as our coach in a second. But I’m not going to pretend that he’s not an opportunist who jumps from job to job. Anyone who jumps aboard the Lane train has to realize that it only makes short distance trips and never stays in one station for more than a year or two.
Exactly. He doesn’t leave his stops in all that great of shape either.

Advertisement
Stat? Ummmm I remember a certain poster on Grassy saying that ALOT…hmmmm
Yea dude with the broken record avi, his name slips my mind, sniff or something like that, spoke in third person alot too, funny guy who got the board rustled alot.. Good times, Im not him just a lil inspo

Yea dude with the broken record avi, his name slips my mind, sniff or something like that, spoke in third person alot too, funny guy who got the board rustled alot.. Good times, Im not him just a lil inspo
Lol yep, sniffcaneahora

Advertisement
Back