Mcshay has trevon hill has a top 50 overall player in the draft

Is he somewhat comparable to Dee Ford size and speed wise? Dee Ford came in at 6'2'' 252 and ran a 4.59. Hill looked a lot bigger than 233 this year and his playing weight should be right around that 250 range.
Hill played at Miami much heavier, think he just lost weight for the combine

Advertisement
Watching the senior bowl , Hill was offsides on one play but man he’s had a bunch of good pressures on the edge. Sacked hurts to end the half and nearly had him the drive before. Constant pressure all game since he’s been in: outside of Bradlee anae whos from Utah he’s been one of the best dlineman in the game imo. Former Miami commit uche looks good too

I’m low on Trevon compared to most draft people. I would be surprised if he’s picked prior to day three, and I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if he goes undrafted.

At that size he will have to move off-ball, he wasn’t extremely productive in school, had the issues at Virginia Tech. Plus he’s not a young prospect.

Hope I’m wrong on my assessment, I’ve been wrong before.

I’m low on Trevon compared to most draft people. I would be surprised if he’s picked prior to day three, and I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if he goes undrafted.

At that size he will have to move off-ball, he wasn’t extremely productive in school, had the issues at Virginia Tech. Plus he’s not a young prospect.

Zero chance he's undrafted

Advertisement
1579999748952.png

He's looked good out there, he's making himself some money.

I hope he gets drafted to a team that runs a 4-3 Defense so he can be a traditional DE, but he can play as an OLB standup rusher in a 3-4 as well.
Yeah thinking he would make a great OLB in a 3-4 defense coming off the edge on passing downs or split out in coverage. After the Senior Bowl today I’m betting Todd’s grade isn’t too terribly off mark after the great performance Hill had in the game today. My bet he’s late 3rd, early 4th. Which is GR15 comes out next year could begin a little run of DE’s drafted for Miami, helping to keep the cupboards full down at Greentree.

That seems crazy to me...but its possible. I guess it depends on his testing.

Top 50 pick for a 4-5 sack guy in college though? Aight. ok. Wouldn't be me, but the NFL has a lot of clowns making decisions.
You want to talk about clowns making decisions? Look no further than our defensive staff. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hill went top 50 in the draft. My view on this issue has less to do with what I saw Hill do on the field this year and everything to do with the cavalcade of ***** we have coaching defense. This is also why I just yawn when I hear people say how much talent we have coming back on defense. While it is true that we will field a defense with a good share of talented playmakers, we also have a DC who has proven that he has zero idea of how to utilize and get the most out of that talent. Don't even come at me with the top 15 defense argument. That statistic is skewed by the fact that we played against garbage offenses for the most part.

Stroud is a solid DL coach but not Miami caliber. Then we have Banda and Patke and I'll just leave it at that. The best position coach on defense is Mike Rumph but he probably couldn't recruit his own son to play for him. In short this defensive staff is a mess. The Baker hire was truly awful and as a matter of fact, Baker should be sending Enos Christmas cards for the rest of his life for being so incompetent that Enos took the spotlight completely off of him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Zero chance he's undrafted

One thing I spend a lot of time understanding and analyzing is player drafting trends. Hill always struck me as a guy who would go undrafted or very late.

Something that excites me about this season is the roster is in a place with real NFL talent that sets them up for 10+ wins. I truly hope they play the season at some point.

One thing I spend a lot of time understanding and analyzing is player drafting trends. Hill always struck me as a guy who would go undrafted or very late.

Something that excites me about this season is the roster is in a place with real NFL talent that sets them up for 10+ wins. I truly hope they play the season at some point.
Interesting take. Mind expanding on ur thoughts on Hill? Seriously.

Interesting take. Mind expanding on ur thoughts on Hill? Seriously.

I wrote this on January 25th in this thread:

Don't reply to that clown lol. Know how to spot a Troll, Lance!

Your take on Hill was pretty spot on though.

Advertisement

Good evaluation lance, he tested way lower athletically than I thought He would too

Advertisement

Nailed it.

Thanks AND I hope you’re 100% right on the team for the upcoming season. Just gotta keep hoping it gets played.

Geez, Lancestradmus here, nailed it

Advertisement
Back