Mcshay has trevon hill has a top 50 overall player in the draft

Advertisement
I just dont like his size. 6'3 233 is not an NFL de. Thats an Nfl linebacker if anything.
His future is 3-4 OLB. Even then he's still going to have to put on another 10 lbs.
Talented guy but too inconsistent with his production.

Advertisement
View attachment 109631
He weighed in at 6’3 233 officially at the senior bowl. He’s going to test like a freak at the combine. Would not be surprised whatsoever to see him running in the mid 4.5s. Loved Trevon hill, a talented player that played with effort and played hard

That shoulder and him coming in late slowed him while here..3/4 pass rush OLB..I can see him as a early 3rd rounder

That doesn't translate to a 4.5 man lol. I don't know how you pull that from that.
I said I wouldnt Be surprised, not that it absolutely will happen. Imo he will run a fast 40, we will see. One of the more athletic edge rushers in this class

That seems crazy to me...but its possible. I guess it depends on his testing.

Top 50 pick for a 4-5 sack guy in college though? Aight. ok. Wouldn't be me, but the NFL has a lot of clowns making decisions.
It all depends on the defensive scheme of the team that has Trevon Hill on the teams roster. The athleticism that the actual player shows on the playing field matters to though. Yogi Berra; The quote he had about the sport he became well known for rings true for any sport, especially at the professional level.. "Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical."

Look at Ryan Leaf compared to Tom Brady. Ryan Leaf was the classic atypical nfl "Pocket Passer." Leaf was known for good arm strength and so forth that he was tied with every teams management with Peyton Manning at the time. Tom Brady was more known during the actual draft process more so for his bad results at the combine. Here is a scouting report by, **** Rehbein.. And according to his assessments on his playing ability, is basically accurate to how his career has been his entire time in the nfl.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese [former NFL quarterback] in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.
Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.
Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

He was out of shape for the combine gurus. But still during the 2019 ncaa sport seasons; The ncaa will punish every player for receiving any type of financial benefit. Even if its to improve the students own weight & conditioning, given the fact I doubt the typical college food they sell is not the healthiest; Tom Brady does make the news to for having a "Diet" that works for himself - first and foremost. Which evidently it did improve is arm strength too. Hello - Randy Moss especially with all the deep passes they completed for easy touch downs.

There have been others who have, glorious stats in the ncaa and are underwear olympic superstars that are bigger busts than men like Vernon Gholtson. The jets decided to take at number six overall in that years draft. Besides the facts that the combine testing numbers don't matter at all for certain positions. How offensive lineman have to run the forty yard dash & the vertical jump.. I can see for the defensive lineman sort of. How JJ Watt was known for being the best at timing his leap to knock down the pass.. But at the same time, the mock draft experts always say the, ten yard split matters more then the entire 40 yards that they make them run a total of three times. But only one of the times is considered official, eve if the so called unofficial might be the best time recorded; A potentially slower "Official" will be displayed on the actual, nfl combine website.

But with all the awesome nfl combine testing Gholston was a bust, should have never been drafted; Maybe if the draft was still - thirty rounds.

Advertisement
Did Sun Sentinel have to do him like that though?
Sid The Kid

Looking at a guy's stat line is a horrible way to evaluate NFL talent. And **** Hill probably set a ACC record for most times being mugged by an OL without a hold being called.

They care about athleticism, speed, flexibility, burst off the edge etc. When Hill was on and motivated, he was unblockable. The question marks on him are consistency and size though. If he shows up 245-250 and runs a 4.6, then 2nd round is a possibility. But if he shows up to the combine at 230 though he'll fall to much later

Stats should be part of a good evaluation. Hill on film can flash, he's athletic, but you don't see that sustained dominance. With his physical gifts, he should be far more effective than what he was. He should straight up jump off the screen when you watch film, and he didn't have as many of those moments as I'd like. He's the kind of pick that is extremely high risk, high reward. He's not a quality locker room guy, and isn't the kind of guy that can consistently dominate due to his lack of motor. I see him as a 3rd round guy that can blow up, provided he is in the right environment. He will need to be managed.

Advertisement
Akers was a legit mid 4.4 guy in highschool. Not many dends can do that

I think you're making way too big of a leap here.

Hill ran a 4.98 in HS at 212 lbs. and had a 78.6 SPARQ. He was listed at 238 this year at Miami.

Hill stayed with Akers on that run because Akers was changing directions and fighting through a tackle while Hill was running untouched on a straight line. It's totally different.

I wish the best for Hill - but just being realistic here - I'd be shocked if he was taken in the first 50 picks or tested off the charts at the combine.

That seems crazy to me...but its possible. I guess it depends on his testing.

Top 50 pick for a 4-5 sack guy in college though? Aight. ok. Wouldn't be me, but the NFL has a lot of clowns making decisions.

Remember he had 4 and half sacks while sharing snaps with Patchan, Garvin and Rousseau. I would say he had a good season when you look that Garvin had 5 sacks and Rousseau monster season.

Advertisement
Everybody knows how ruthless the NFL draft personnel can be with their questioning. NFL people gonna be like... "Why your eyes so **** far apart?"
If you're eyes are far apart you got wider vision of the field. Everybody knows that. If your eyes are one on top of another, you can scan more easily from down on the ground up to the sky. It"s like wide angle vision only vertical. It"s a rare condition, I know, but it happens.

It all depends on the defensive scheme of the team that has Trevon Hill on the teams roster. The athleticism that the actual player shows on the playing field matters to though. Yogi Berra; The quote he had about the sport he became well known for rings true for any sport, especially at the professional level.. "Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical."

Look at Ryan Leaf compared to Tom Brady. Ryan Leaf was the classic atypical nfl "Pocket Passer." Leaf was known for good arm strength and so forth that he was tied with every teams management with Peyton Manning at the time. Tom Brady was more known during the actual draft process more so for his bad results at the combine. Here is a scouting report by, **** Rehbein.. And according to his assessments on his playing ability, is basically accurate to how his career has been his entire time in the nfl.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese [former NFL quarterback] in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.
Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.
Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

He was out of shape for the combine gurus. But still during the 2019 ncaa sport seasons; The ncaa will punish every player for receiving any type of financial benefit. Even if its to improve the students own weight & conditioning, given the fact I doubt the typical college food they sell is not the healthiest; Tom Brady does make the news to for having a "Diet" that works for himself - first and foremost. Which evidently it did improve is arm strength too. Hello - Randy Moss especially with all the deep passes they completed for easy touch downs.

There have been others who have, glorious stats in the ncaa and are underwear olympic superstars that are bigger busts than men like Vernon Gholtson. The jets decided to take at number six overall in that years draft. Besides the facts that the combine testing numbers don't matter at all for certain positions. How offensive lineman have to run the forty yard dash & the vertical jump.. I can see for the defensive lineman sort of. How JJ Watt was known for being the best at timing his leap to knock down the pass.. But at the same time, the mock draft experts always say the, ten yard split matters more then the entire 40 yards that they make them run a total of three times. But only one of the times is considered official, eve if the so called unofficial might be the best time recorded; A potentially slower "Official" will be displayed on the actual, nfl combine website.

But with all the awesome nfl combine testing Gholston was a bust, should have never been drafted; Maybe if the draft was still - thirty rounds.
Yogi was such an inspiration....and such a fount of wisdom.

Who are these Olympic underwear superstars with big busts? Maybe you meant to say big butts.

Advertisement
Back