Mcshay has trevon hill has a top 50 overall player in the draft

brock

All-American
163934B2-D1A5-4C79-824E-85E17EC2A92B.jpeg

He weighed in at 6’3 233 officially at the senior bowl. He’s going to test like a freak at the combine. Would not be surprised whatsoever to see him running in the mid 4.5s. Loved Trevon hill, a talented player that played with effort and played hard

Last edited:
Advertisement
That seems crazy to me...but its possible. I guess it depends on his testing.

Top 50 pick for a 4-5 sack guy in college though? Aight. ok. Wouldn't be me, but the NFL has a lot of clowns making decisions.
He’s one of the freak edge talents in the draft. If you have those traits sometimes that’s all it takes. Look at klavon chaisson, has been a 5 or 6 sack guy a year but is being projected first round right now.

He’s one of the freak edge talents in the draft. If you have those traits sometimes that’s all it takes. Look at klavon chaisson, has been a 5 or 6 sack guy a year but is being projected first round right now.

I don't really judge edge players until I see some athletic testing. Eye test means very little. The testing is a big factor in their future projection.

Many of y'all thought Miami's DL in the past few years were "freak athletes" or high end athletes and they all tested like garbage, and ultimately, are backup/role players in the league...so, just going to let Hill play this process out, like we all should do with EDGE players. Its too much of a corresponding factor to projection and ultimately success for that position.

Advertisement
That seems crazy to me...but its possible. I guess it depends on his testing.

Top 50 pick for a 4-5 sack guy in college though? Aight. ok. Wouldn't be me, but the NFL has a lot of clowns making decisions.

I mean he split snaps all year so that’s actually pretty good. He was never a full time starter. Top 50 is certainly high but teams want to get after the QB and he can do it. I’d be extremely happy with him as the Titans 2nd round pick although his size does worry me especially in their scheme. Our ILBs would weigh more than him....

Advertisement
I don't really judge edge players until I see some athletic testing. Eye test means very little. The testing is a big factor in their future projection.

Many of y'all thought Miami's DL in the past few years were "freak athletes" or high end athletes and they all tested like garbage, and ultimately, are backup/role players in the league...so, just going to let Hill play this process out, like we all should do with EDGE players. Its too much of a corresponding factor to projection and ultimately success for that position.
I just Know he’s going to put up a ridiculous number in the 40 for a de in the combine, I remember when he chased down that duke player last season and the year before running with akers for like 20-30 yards

He weighed in at 6’3 233 officially at the senior bowl. He’s going to test like a freak at the combine. Would not be surprised whatsoever to see him running in the mid 4.5s. Loved Trevon hill, a talented player that played with effort and played hard
Why are you expecting him to run in the mid 4.5s?

Advertisement
I know I shouldn’t be but I am crying laughing after reading your comment then checking out the picture of him above.

Man I hope his bank account sees more zeros than mine ever hopes to. Dude is a Cane and I love him for it... but that motherfvcker ugly.

Looking at a guy's stat line is a horrible way to evaluate NFL talent. And **** Hill probably set a ACC record for most times being mugged by an OL without a hold being called.

They care about athleticism, speed, flexibility, burst off the edge etc. When Hill was on and motivated, he was unblockable. The question marks on him are consistency and size though. If he shows up 245-250 and runs a 4.6, then 2nd round is a possibility. But if he shows up to the combine at 230 though he'll fall to much later

Advertisement
Did Sun Sentinel have to do him like that though?

But for real, this is huge for the Canes.

Theres a chance if he test well. Fast twitch guy with speed and a non stop motor. Wish he had been a Miami longer but then would not have been coached as well. Wish him the best!

Advertisement
Back