McMurphy has UM ranked #4

Advertisement
I believe TVD will be top 10 this year, the secondary/DL will be MUCH MUCH improved based off of camp/depth.
But LB……..
No singular unit will be THE ISSUE our biggest issue is top end depth. I agree it's a crazy ranking BUT it's not something we aren't capable of living up to given the coaching we have with the talent already on hand. I'm curious how quickly we'll be able to get rid of all the bad habits programmed in for the last several years and how disciplined & accountable well be... That's usually what takes a lil time & fire.

I can see us being ranked above NC State. We beat them each of the last two years and have the better QB.

I'd still put Clemson over both of us right now though.

No singular unit will be THE ISSUE our biggest issue is top end depth. I agree it's a crazy ranking BUT it's not something we aren't capable of living up to given the coaching we have with the talent already on hand. I'm curious how quickly we'll be able to get rid of all the bad habits programmed in for the last several years and how disciplined & accountable well be... That's usually what takes a lil time & fire.
Yeah on the surface of course this is a bit crazy

But outside the Top 3 big dogs there’s not much difference between 4 and 24 really

But with changes literally everywhere it’s hard to really speculate

We are elite at the position that matters the most though

Advertisement
Yeah on the surface of course this is a bit crazy

But with changes literally everywhere it’s hard to really speculate

We are elite at the position that matters the most though
If you're going to pick a dark horse, pick one with a top QB and an easy schedule.

Kenny Pickett almost had Pitt looking at the playoffs last year if they didn't lose the early one to western Michigan.

Annalynne Mccord Comedy GIF by Pop TV

I'd love for it to be true but we ain't 4th
We haven't done anything to deserve that ranking. Then again, nobody has.

It will all play itself out. The AtM game is going to carry a lot of weight. Beat them and we'll be in that top 4 if we keep winning. Lose convincingly and we're at the bottom of the top 25 with the remainder of the season working our way back to top 15.

I think the AtM game will be close win or lose. So, we shouldn't drop too far if we lose a close game regardless of ranking.

It's a big game regarding the perception of Miami and the ACC. If we beat AtM and Pitt beats Tennessee, it gives a big boost to the ACC Coastal and ACC overall.

I would love for the team to run the table all the way to the Clemson game. It would set up a national showdown of two likely undefeated and top 5 teams shining a bright light on Miami and the ACC.

Last edited:
When I first heard #4 for Miami, I thought, wtf. But then when you look at the top 25, there are the top 3 in one tier and then there's everyone else. You can argue that the "everyone else" 4-25 is one big tier and virtually anyone there can make some noise. I guess he's pinning his hopes on Miami b/c it's just as random as pinning your hopes on anyone else in that group. JMO.

Exactly.

Look at the rest of the top 10. All those teams have holes. Not having Clemson higher is stupid but none of these teams are scary. There are the elites and everyone else.

#4 is trolling a bit but #13-20 is the type thing you would expect from previous coaching staffs. It’s a new day.

Beat aTm and we finish top 10.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I never thought I'd see the day that Brent McMurphy would put Miami in a preseason top 5. I've had to check 10 times to make sure he actually did it. I'm stunned.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back