McMurphy has UM ranked #4

Advertisement

Holy crap…

When even our slurpers are like “nah”
Convenience Store Vintage GIF

Dude was a clown when he wrote for the local fish wrap here in Tampa....nothing has changed

Advertisement
As high as #4 is, it doesn’t feel too ridiculous. Only underdogs in 2 games and both those teams have lost to inferior competition multiple times as recently as last year. We win just one of those games and can easily be up that high.

The question is if we can win all the games we are “supposed” to win. But I don’t see this experienced coaching staff allowing any letdowns.
I hear what you're saying but this is a preseason ranking. He's saying as the season starts the Canes are the 4th best team. Do we have the potential to be 4th best? I personally don't think so but with lightning striking us as we bottle lightning in a bottle it could happen but you're talking a .01% chance.

He is saying we are currently the 4th best team in the nation. That just isn't true at the moment fam. There are a bit more than 3 teams with better rosters than us at the moment.

It’s our ceiling! Someone else pointed out that there is a top 3 and then everyone else. This could be us…but the reality is that this squad has 6 practices under their belts and who knows what they are going to look like.

Stating that our schedule is pretty easy is one thing. So is saying that we SHOULD get to the ACCCG given our side of the conference. But to declare us ranked 4th right now is quite generous.

We have all of the tools (on the surface) but o have no idea how this will come together and I think the 9-3 hopes are certainly in the realm of reality. But to be 4th, we must be 11-1 at worst and win the ACCCG. While it’s possible, it’s not very likely.
Ceiling for the regular season or the whole season which includes playoffs? Regular season? That is highly unlikely but I could see it.

Whole season with championship games etc? I don't see us beating Clemson twice.

Advertisement
With McMurphy's Top 10 teams, we should be sitting at #8 (ahead of NC State and Baylor), which would also be consistent with a 10-2 or 9-3 type regular season.
And he has us above Clemson so he probably has us beating them, which means he probably has us 11-1

Advertisement
And he has us above Clemson so he probably has us beating them, which means he probably has us 11-1

That's an interesting point. In theory, he also has us ahead of aTm, so 12-0?

Please, dear Lord, I don't ask for much, just make Brett McMurphy's predictions come true...

Advertisement
Ceiling for the regular season or the whole season which includes playoffs? Regular season? That is highly unlikely but I could see it.

Whole season with championship games etc? I don't see us beating Clemson twice.
Doesn’t matter. If we manage to get to a 4th ranking out of the regular season and lose to Clemson that goes to a playoff game, we will play in another new year’s 6 game and if we win, will move up to a ranking somewhat commiserate with that level. That being said, I mentioned it as a ceiling, which means if we perform at our best, that is wheee we will be.

As far as beating Clemson is concerned, I think that we could beat them if we are firing on all cylinders. If we do during the regular season, we may have the recipe to take them again. If we are talking crazy (which is the whole point of being ranked 4 and my response so far), I would rather beat aTm, lose to Clemson in regular season and beat them in the ACCCG (and possibly have a matchup with Michigan in the OB to shut them up once and for all). But this is a pipe dream.

I think we end up 9-3 and in ACCCG. After that I have no clue.

That's an interesting point. In theory, he also has us ahead of aTm, so 12-0?

Please, dear Lord, I don't ask for much, just make Brett McMurphy's predictions come true...
I assumed not 12-0. aTm beats us but loses to Bama (their loss is later in the season than ours so we end up higher). If we were undefeated and Bama is #1 then aTm takes 2 losses and if that’s the case they can’t be #5

Advertisement
Back