Mckenzie Milton 2.0

If you ask me Milton is actually a better fit in this O than D’Eriq is. He’s a better passer than King is and I’ll happily give up a little less mobility for a better arm any day. Albeit we don’t know how mobile he actually is he’s been out for 2 years and a little time since it’s healing to gain more strength and hit the ground running. We essentially would be trading a little bit of athleticism for a better ar
If he starts a game next September, 33 months would have passed since the last time he played a meaningful down of football.

Maybe Tony Romo has a year of eligibility left. At least we know he’s got two working legs.

If he's not the goods then he's gone after he doesn't get the starting spot. You risk a scholarship for the most important position in sports.

Talk about minimal risk, high reward.

Advertisement
I don’t Think people really understand how bad of an injury that posterior knee this location is. It’s usually only seen velocity injuries like car or motorcycle accidents. The knee is so dislocated and so out of place that you have multiple ligament tears multiple soft tissue injuries and 25% of those cases even have permanent nerve damage. If you end up having a vascular injury that isn’t diagnosed you can lose blood supply to the distal part of the dislocation and possibly need an amputation.
You should look up the teddy Bridgewater injury and see what his doctor said about his knee and teddy’s was a non contact injury.

Maybe @MotoSniper can chime in.

not for the weak stomached individuals

Correct, the Popliteal Artery sits in the posterior aspect of the knee and often times suffers rupture with posterior traumatic injury. Our joints regardless of location are highly vascularized. This, as you have stated, can lead to ischemia in the short term putting the limb in a compromised state, and necrosis in the mid to long term in some cases with surgical and recovery complications. Look at the Alex Smith injury as an example of how serious a similar injury can be and how the limb can be compromised through dislocation. And we haven't even started to talk about the ligament, tendon, and cartilage damage.

Advertisement
If he's so good why didn't he start for UCF?
lol I'll pretend this is a legitimate question and give the legitimate answer. (I'm a UCF alum that has been a UM fan since I was born)

Dillon Gabriel (UCF QB now) and Milton went to the same HS in Hawaii (years apart though). They are now best friends and Milton is, if not the only reason, a huge reason Gabriel went to UCF.

If you haven't heard, Dillon Gabriel and Sam Howell are talked about in the same breath a lot, two young guns that balled as true freshmans and now in their 2nd year still carrying their defenseless teams. Aka, Dillon can play.

So rather than compete with his best friend and either:
1. Take the starting job away from Gabriel (possibility stunt Gabriel's draft stock and momentum)
or
2. Lose the job and waste his last year as a QB as a backup

Thus, why he stated in an interview that UCF is Dillon's team. He would rather try to find a home somewhere else and do what King did than possibly ***** his best friend

If that wasn't a legit question, well now you know a cute little story about McKenzie Milton and Dillon Gabriel 🤷‍♂️

lol I'll pretend this is a legitimate question and give the legitimate answer. (I'm a UCF alum that has been a UM fan since I was born)

Dillon Gabriel (UCF QB now) and Milton went to the same HS in Hawaii (years apart though). They are now best friends and Milton is, if not the only reason, a huge reason Gabriel went to UCF.

If you haven't heard, Dillon Gabriel and Sam Howell are talked about in the same breath a lot, two young guns that balled as true freshmans and now in their 2nd year still carrying their defenseless teams. Aka, Dillon can play.

So rather than compete with his best friend and either:
1. Take the starting job away from Gabriel (possibility stunt Gabriel's draft stock and momentum)
or
2. Lose the job and waste his last year as a QB as a backup

Thus, why he stated in an interview that UCF is Dillon's team. He would rather try to find a home somewhere else and do what King did than possibly ***** his best friend

If that wasn't a legit question, well now you know a cute little story about McKenzie Milton and Dillon Gabriel 🤷‍♂️
And yes, the UCF/UM twitter fights talks have been real awkward for me lol

Advertisement
Respectfully, if he is able to return to his former glory, he is absolutely on par with King. Look, I like King and really REALLY want him to come back for his benefit and ours, but if McKenzie can return to what he was before the accident, he is absolutely on par with King. The way he played the year when they were undefeated and especially the way he balled out against Auburn (who had beaten the 2 teams that year that played in the NC), he is absolutely perfect for our team.

If he's up to snuff health-wise, and King doesn't return, we would be fools not to take him. If he doesn't come here and he is 100%, I sure hope he doesn't go to FSU. He could help turn that program around.

If milton returned to his pre injury form he would be the starting QB at UCF. But clearly he hasn't which is why he is transfering.

Go Canes

Miami has some of the best medical advisors on staff and full access to all on staff at Miller . I am pretty sure they will thoroughly check out Milton, ask for his medical records and have him run drills. The kid knows the perception of his injury. He was running the scout team for UCF and I don't believe he was wearing a non-contact jersey. Gabriel is playing well. We all know how important team chemistry is, the coaches didn't play Milton because of injury concerns, they just decided to keep Gabriel as the starter. Darriel Mack, the other UCF QB, has zero injury issues and he was not seeing the field either. Gabriel is just a sophomore, he will be at UCF for at least another season possibly two. If Gabriel is healthy, you go after him.

These are Gabriel's stats for 2020

1st
  • TD
    2nd
  • INT
    Tied-48th
  • QBR
    79.7. You're not going to pull this QB from the starting line-up.

Yeah, this thinking of, “Then, why weren’t they starting????” Has been completely debunked in recent years.

A few questions on this “starting” topic:
- How many Heisman winning QB’s in the last 5 years we’re not starting and transferred and then turned out to be better than those in front of them at their previous school?
- OSU’s starting QB couldn’t seem to get the starting job at UGA. Would you consider that a smart idea as of today?
- A different position, but Russo did not start out on the first string on our own team last year. Was that a smart decision?

there are tons and tons of examples. Look, Milton might not be fully there and may never get there, but he might be there. I think we definitely kick the tires and see if one of them falls off or if he is ready to go and continue what he did a few years ago.

Yeah, this thinking of, “Then, why weren’t they starting????” Has been completely debunked in recent years.

A few questions on this “starting” topic:
- How many Heisman winning QB’s in the last 5 years we’re not starting and transferred and then turned out to be better than those in front of them at their previous school?
- OSU’s starting QB couldn’t seem to get the starting job at UGA. Would you consider that a smart idea as of today?
- A different position, but Greg did not start out on the first string on our own team last year. Was that a smart decision?

There are tons and tons of examples. Look, Milton might not be fully there and may never get there, but he might be there. I think we definitely kick the tires and see if one of them falls off or if he is ready to go and continue what he did a few years ago.

Advertisement
Why would he be starting ? Do some of y’all realize he just got cleared in late October ? Jesus lol.

Gabriel is younger, put up great stats and has done nothing to lose his job. Milton got cleared a month and half ago!!!! That would be idiotic to throw him out there right after getting cleared smh.

People around ucf are amazed how close he is to his old self, he’s played great since taking over the scout team.

But yeah , that could explain why he isn’t starting. It’s not because he’s no longer good or Gabriel is better . It’s best for both parties for him to leave. Business decision.

I will say he’s a winner and wouldn’t bet against him.

If milton returned to his pre injury form he would be the starting QB at UCF. But clearly he hasn't which is why he is transfering.

Go Canes
Right now, Milton is not 100%. I think the number he gave was "80%" but from near leg amputation to be cleared a couple weeks ago is incredible. I think, with where he is now, he can definitely get to at least near 100

Advertisement
Why would he be starting ? Do some of y’all realize he just got cleared in late October ? Jesus lol.

Gabriel is younger, put up great stats and has done nothing to lose his job. Milton got cleared a month and half ago!!!! That would be idiotic to throw him out there right after getting cleared smh.

People around ucf are amazed how close he is to his old self, he’s played great since taking over the scout team.

But yeah , that could explain why he isn’t starting. It’s not because he’s no longer good or Gabriel is better . It’s best for both parties for him to leave. Business decision.

Exactly what I was saying with post #67. I'll die on this hill: If King leaves, we should bring in Milton. No question

That's fine and all but not seeing how it would help his stock or his health by playing behind that FSU o-line

Same conference same caliber of players. Sometimes the QB can make those around him or her (never know with Vandy) better.

IMO Milton was at the least on par with King prior to the injury and possibly playing Sundays. Watched him in person each home game, and he also seems to be a really good guy. Big time take if healthy, King decides to leave which I wouldn't, and coaches aren't certain if QB 2, 3, or 4 aren't ready.

I wouldn't take if it stunts the growth of another QB they view as being "close" to ready.
It wasn’t the same caliber of players.. king made his WR’s..

Advertisement
Back