Mckenzie Milton 2.0

I mean it seems like we are answering our own question here..this kids injury was extremely serious and alot of programs dont want to take the risk it seems. FSU might be his only option. It would be a red flag for me if Frost doesnt want him.

I wish this were the pros and you could schedule a personal workout before making a decision. If this kid were back to his old form, bringing him in is a no brainer IMO. I know its been some time but I think people forget that this kid was no phucking joke at UCF. We wouldnt miss a beat with him running this offense.

Advertisement
If King leaves and the leg checks out it's a solid take, worst case scenario TVD beats him out.

That said, there will be a lot of big name QBs in the free agency market, at least 5 or 6 Tier 1 guys if past is precedent (and probably more given how weird this year has been). So if the kid is in a rush, no sweat.

I remember last year when Newman picked Georgia and people on here started saying we needed Anthony effing Brown or Jett Duffey or KJ Costello just to make sure we came out of the portal with SOMEBODY.

Advertisement
FSU is after him hard
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Yall just don't understand how media attention will be surrounding this young man Milton.. Our program I mean all the sports media outlets and SC stories before game time kickoff.. I mean any kid that suffered a major injury will be looking up to this kid.. I take him on heart alone especially with Lashlee running the offense. Mckenzie wouldn't have to scramble as much.

Advertisement
Before that it was perry. Play TVD next year and see what's he got

It's obviously a lot more complicated than that though. TVD has not had a spring practice season yet. He has never taken a snap in a game. We have no reason to expect him to just magically be ready to go, no matter how talented he is. If we somehow get a bunch of upperclassmen back and hit it big in the portal, that means we have a window next year as Clemson replaces Lawrence...do you want to roll the dice with TVD from Day 1? Or do you maybe bring someone in who is proven and whose window aligns with the rest of the roster. Remember, we have Bama game one, as it stands.

However, if the worst case scenario happens and King, Phillips, Bolden, Brevin, Nesta all bail...we obviously have a different window. In that scenario I STILL think we should bring in a GT for competition in the QB room, because no one should be annoited, but in that scenario we should start working in TVD as soon as possible to set us up for '22.

I'd like to see some of his film on the scout team. I just want to see him carrying a ball in open field and taking a hit or making a move, one of him roll out of the pocket and throw, and see him plant and throw a ball either deep or with something behind it. Those would tell you everything about where he's at. I have no doubt about his mindset.

Even then, it's his own teammates that care about him and aren't going to be the ones that give him another gruesome injury. It will still take him a live game against someone that wouldn't care to destroy him to get the cobwebs out and clear his head.

Advertisement
Yall just don't understand how media attention will be surrounding this young man Milton.. Our program I mean all the sports media outlets and SC stories before game time kickoff.. I mean any kid that suffered a major injury will be looking up to this kid.. I take him on heart alone especially with Lashlee running the offense. Mckenzie wouldn't have to scramble as much.

Yeah, I miss the good old days when we had great pre-game stories about N'Kosi Perry and how he was just rated behind Kellen Mond.

I don't buy it. They need to convince this kid to wait until after the bowl game so we can see what King does.
King talks to him due to their Houston connection. He will likely know what King is going to do long before us. Might already if certain sources were accurate that said King had long ago decided he wasn't coming back

Advertisement
Back