McCluster announcing tomorrow

Im usually one of the most optimistic people on this board. Ive been called a slurper on here many times. This is however a BIG lost IMO. Big position of need, best realistic target available, yea he ran a bad 40 but I think he's an instinctual and hard hitting scheme fit that would have helped out our terrible linebacker depth. We are banking on Flowe, but he is a long shot. We better hope to find some under the radar guys that develop. I know some of you will say "he is not a lost because he has been an FSU lean for a while" but at what point are we going to stop using that excuse. We took an L to Willie Taeggart and we took an L in linebacker recruiting. This time we dont have Shaq and Pinck to save us.
With that being said Willie Taeggart is his head coach and as long as he's there we will kick his *** every year so good luck, kid! Go Canes

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes until they get a good recruiting staff we'll lose players like this. They don't understand the art of locking down guys first, and then if you can do better than reach for those other guys. Before I chance other P***y I f*** the one I have now into a coma, so when it's time to explore for more she's already down for the team. Same strategy should be on recruiting. How did a local Linebacker commit to Maryland? F*** him into a coma get him committed, and then chase California. How did two Florida CBs commit to Willie over us? One goes to Miami Central... Wth is going on bruh?
Ok this statement makes me wanna disagree with the other good statement you had. Like wtf did you just say lmfaooo

It’s a bigger issue than that. Our defensive staff can’t recruit with the big boys at any position
Doesn't seem like we have a Field or Hickson on the defensive side of the ball. Rumph has the most potential of anyone on D to be that ace recruiter though. Then we have Cooney who is a great recruiter but he's sort of behind the scenes. Wouldn't be surprised if a few definsive coaches leave for other jobs next year. It will be a case of them more so being forced to leave rather than them wanting to.

Ok this statement makes me wanna disagree with the other good statement you had. Like wtf did you just say lmfaooo

Sum it all up. We need to lock up local kids first before we go full force on kids out of state. I believe we're being out recruited.

Advertisement
I wouldnt say the overall defensive recruiting has been bad. We havent won many battles but we have found good gems. I just think linebacker recruiting has been terrible for such a linebacker friendly system.
Teams with elite defenses shouldn't need to be dipping into the portal for just about every position on that side of the field. 3yrs into Manny's tenure and 90% of his kids are Golden era recruits

Miami Hurricanes until they get a good recruiting staff we'll lose players like this. They don't understand the art of locking down guys first, and then if you can do better than reach for those other guys. Before I chance other P***y I f*** the one I have now into a coma, so when it's time to explore for more she's already down for the team. Same strategy should be on recruiting. How did a local Linebacker commit to Maryland? F*** him into a coma get him committed, and then chase California. How did two Florida CBs commit to Willie over us? One goes to Miami Central... Wth is going on bruh?
Never knew there was a similarity between a woman's ****** and a HS football recruit. 🤣

It's May...
The thing is we have been a **** program for a while now. Saying that guys should be lining up to play for this defense is a bit shortsighted. Yea, we have been good on defense but we have been *** overall and kids want to play for winners. We live in a front running society. Somehow, FSU still gets kids and I don't understand it, they always have been like that though. Our defensive recruiting hasn't been great but it hasn't been terrible. If we start to win more and do it consistently then I think we will begin to recruit better as well. It's going to be hard to win recruiting battles when we trot out a team like last year's, especially with OOS kids.

Advertisement
The thing is we have been a **** program for a while now. Saying that guys should be lining up to play for this defense is a bit shortsighted. Yea, we have been good on defense but we have been *** overall and kids want to play for winners. We live in a front running society. Somehow, FSU still gets kids and I don't understand it, they always have been like that though. Our defensive recruiting hasn't been great but it hasn't been terrible. If we start to win more and do it consistently then I think we will begin to recruit better as well. It's going to be hard to win recruiting battles when we trot out a team like last year's, especially with OOS kids.

The thing about FSU is this

Its Big enough but close enough for those country *** kids and different enough but still In-State for this Miami area kids. Our issue is that Miami is too big and too far for 95% of those country *** kids and is viewed as 13th grade by alot of the local kids.

Advertisement

darth.jpg

Advertisement
There is never a case when u should want your rival to be weak. Competition brings out the best in everyone. U need a formidable enemy bc they will keep u on your P's and Q's. Setting low expectations for FSU and Willie Taggart is a big mistake. A mistake that I know Manny and the players aren't making.

The thing about FSU is this

Its Big enough but close enough for those country *** kids and different enough but still In-State for this Miami area kids. Our issue is that Miami is too big and too far for 95% of those country *** kids and is viewed as 13th grade by alot of the local kids.
I get that, but even when they are down they still pull in elite OOS kids. It doesn't matter though, their recruiting doesn't affect ours all that much as we don't go head to head on all that many recruits.

One thing I think Manny has done well is to identify the kind of guys he wants and bring them in. We just need to land a higher percentage of our priority recruits. I think winning more consistently will correct many of woes on the trails

Advertisement
Back