McCloud

Advertisement
It was the least surprising news of the draft eligible players, yet it was the most disappointing for me.

You can't complain about guys leaving early - when they aren't ready - in one post...and then trash another guy for coming back when he wouldn't have a pro career in another. Don't be hypocrites.

Its college football. Age matters. And these seniors returning are basically freebie scholarships. No harm roster spot.

I don't necessarily want this guy doing the same thing he did last year, but if he's coming back and open to moving around (I recall moving to EDGE was a possibility) than who cares? If he is still getting a ton of reps at traditional linebacker...maybe your younger heroes ain't all that.

OK, now we’re talking. So let’s break down the hypocrisy of fans or lack thereof:

1. We don’t want guys leaving early who have NFL potential, but are not quite ready for the NFL. Why? B/c most fans, last checked, still take pride in NFLU. So seeing our boys get drafted high is a great selling point. So if they are not quite yet ready, and they can help the team, then why leave? U r not only hurting ur draft stock, but U’re hurting the team in the process & our rep

2. We absolutely do not want guys who are hurting the program w/ production or lack thereof to continue to exhaust eligibility. Why? Well, we have a tendency to play age over talent. So if seniority is hurting the progress of younger players, & said seniority is a liability to the on-field production, then yeah...it’s time to move on. It’ll be different if it was true, open competition here, but we’ve have a plethora of evidence that age supersedes talent, which is fine, when age is warranted

3. If our LBs are not in a position to overtake a LB position....well, u can’t blame talent when the guy who’s been over the LB recruiting has been here for 5 going on 6 yrs now. That entire LB room & how they move is on him, Patke, & now Baker. So; if U’re going to complain about LB talent, well......u gotta point the finger at the commonality. Ppl were so quick to point fingers at Rumph at the CB room, while praising & letting Manny & Co. skate by to our LB room. #’s r there, sure, but if the argument is the young guys are not in a position to overtake McCloud??? Oof on the talent gap.

Advertisement
You can be 100% certain that Manny will be trotting out McCloud and Jennings vs Bama next year. Meanwhile guys like Huff and Cave will undoubtedly say "***** this" and hit the portal. This is a bona fide clown show.
@LeedsCane
Would you like to elaborate on exactly why you disagree with the above? What is it exactly that you have seen from this staff that leads you to believe that we won't be seeing the Jennings and McCloud show? This program is a slapstick comedy unlike any other.

You can't complain about guys leaving early - when they aren't ready - in one post...and then trash another guy for coming back when he wouldn't have a pro career in another. Don't be hypocrites.

Its college football. Age matters. And these seniors returning are basically freebie scholarships. No harm roster spot.

I don't necessarily want this guy doing the same thing he did last year, but if he's coming back and open to moving around (I recall moving to EDGE was a possibility) than who cares? If he is still getting a ton of reps at traditional linebacker...maybe your younger heroes ain't all that.
I get what you are saying but the above assumes that the players coming back are Miami caliber. It's not that they are coming back. It's the fear that Manny will continue to start players who are not even P5 caliber.

Advertisement
Not going to knock the kid, with all these kids that are able to use a extra year due to covid it’s up to the coaches to let them stay. Manny should’ve said Good riddance to 53 and 5, let em go the FAU.

You can be 100% certain that Manny will be trotting out McCloud and Jennings vs Bama next year. Meanwhile guys like Huff and Cave will undoubtedly say "***** this" and hit the portal. This is a bona fide clown show.

Why would you post this preposterous statement.

Advertisement
Advertisement

It’s about criticizing the coaching staff for letting him come back.

Advertisement
Back