McCloud

He’s going to be a situational rusher and st guy. Y’all are seriously overreacting.
The fact that there is an and is enough to overreact he should be special teams. Nothing more maybe less.

Advertisement
He didn’t even finish the season at LB. He’ll hopefully add depth on the d-line.

As is usually the case this has been made into a much bigger thing than it actually is.
For better or worse, we shall see. However, I hope the premium placed on age over talent comes to a quick end.

Advertisement
Spencer Adkins from what I remember was a JAG at linebacker for a few years, and then moved down to DE his senior year and got drafted after he had a solid year. Nothing crazy, 4 or 5 sacks.

If McCloud can be productive in that way, I'll take it. And I don't see why he can't be with a full offseason working at DE
He got drafted because he ran an absurd sub 4.5 50 i believe. Played a few years and cashed some nfl checks. Was happy for him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ok. Now that settles me down a little. But I’m still worried he may steal valuable time from a more talented athlete in his position only because he’s a senior.

This has been a problem with him as well as Perry. Perry’s gone so he’s no longer a problem

Honestly if I was him or any other Senior that doesn’t have a future in Pro Football I would use this opportunity to get an another free yea of education and not actually play.

Go to class, be a student assistant, chill.

Just waiting for the dreaded Jennings and Carter announcement they are coming back as well. ****, these the three players I didn’t want to see come back.

My perception is Mccloud is ahard worker. I’m glad he’s no longer at LB. He is a good athlete, so it would be great if he can give us quality ST reps all year. Anything else is gravy.

Advertisement
I'll get nailed for this...but was McCloud really that bad vs OK State? I thought he performed decent for a guy that had about 3 weeks practice time at DE. Simpson/Feeley will have him playing at about 6'2/6/3 250lbs and if anyone can get something out of McCloud at DE it's Simpson.

Truth is guys this is actually a good thing, it's DEPTH, something we've been lacking for YEARS.....and with the way Bama is friggin Jackhammered that Ohio State RB into the turf on the first play of the Nat'l Champ game and basically broke his collarbone WE'LL NEED ALL THE DEPTH WE CAN GET for the looming matchup vs Bama Game #1.

Advertisement
Back