McCloud abused on touchdown drive

Advertisement
I think the majority of our fans realize that LB is a weakness. Don’t see the need to pile on. We better hope we recruit better going forward.
The LBs have been fine. BJ and Zach played their best games vs FSU. BJ laid the wood a few times. Yet we still have idiots who want to kill them because they get exposed in coverage like any LB would. They will be tested against Clemson. The fact that ppl tryna find the slimmest thing to ***** about is ridiculous

Truth is never foolish.
Foolishness is an unwillingness to accept truth
It’s not truth. You rlly don’t know wtf u are talking about. A college LB getting exposed in coverage is what u chose to make a whole thread about in a 52–10 victory..1 drive..that’s asinine behavior..how about that play Rooster didn’t switch the ball to his outside hand when he bounced a run in the 4th.. maybe I’ll make a thread about him not being a dependable 4th quarter running back because of that next🤦🏾‍♂️

Did you understand his assignment and responsibilites on each play OP?

In case that wasn't clear, it's a rhetorical question cause no one in their right mind cares. They had 100 yards of offense at half time and the game was basically over.
Short answer is no

Anyone else confused on Huff barely getting in the game? He came in way after TAC and Flagg , TBH I thought he and brooks would have a shot at starting, now it seems like he is 3rd or 4th string....

Anyone with info?

Advertisement
Man, if you're on McCloud for this season, then I would hate to see what you've gotta say about Jennings and beyond.

Mod plz delete this dumb *** thread before it gains steam. This worse than posting about politics..OP post less

Anyone else confused on Huff barely getting in the game? He came in way after TAC and Flagg , TBH I thought he and brooks would have a shot at starting, now it seems like he is 3rd or 4th string....

Anyone with info?
Huff has all the tools but in mop up duty he showed he has a ways to go. Only a RS fresh. He definitely earning his strips on ST and playing with great energy on those units RN. TAC (number 18) is also balling on ST and had a tfl in mop up duty.

Advertisement
It’s not truth. You rlly don’t know wtf u are talking about. A college LB getting exposed in coverage is what u chose to make a whole thread about in a 52–10 victory..1 drive..that’s asinine behavior..how about that play Rooster didn’t switch the ball to his outside hand when he bounced a run in the 4th.. maybe I’ll make a thread about him not being a dependable 4th quarter running back because of that next🤦🏾‍♂️
RS. Dude talking about truth is never foolish lol. It has nothing to do with the truth. Dude really started a thread about ONE PLAYER ON ONE DRIVE. Not his entire game.

Here is some truth: McCloud is our most athletic LB, and his athleticism stands out in person

RS. Dude talking about truth is never foolish lol. It has nothing to do with the truth. Dude really started a thread about ONE PLAYER ON ONE DRIVE. Not his entire game.

Here is some truth: McCloud is our most athletic LB, and his athleticism stands out in person
His athleticism shows up on my TV screen also. He saved a potential 25 plus gain by running down a Half back in the flat vs FSU. Had a huge 3rd down stop vs UL running sideline to sideline. Just had a sack vs FSU. Bro our fans are weird asf. Singling out 1 player on 1 drive. No he may not be all ACC or All American but I guarantee by the end of the year his TFLs and sacks will stand up against any other ILB/WSLB in America. Is that because of our system, sure. But I’d rather production then Whatever tf OP and other be talking about

Advertisement
The LBs have been fine. BJ and Zach played their best games vs FSU. BJ laid the wood a few times. Yet we still have idiots who want to kill them because they get exposed in coverage like any LB would. They will be tested against Clemson. The fact that ppl tryna find the slimmest thing to ***** about is ridiculous

I disagree. The LBs have not been fine. The run defense as a whole has not been fine. Jennings had his best game against UAB not FSU. He's had 1 tackle per game since. We have given up 360 rush yards the last 2 games against Louisville and FSU.

Louisville ran for 65 less yards and 0.5 ypc less against Western Kentucky and 93 less yards against Pitt. Outside of 1x75 yard touchdown, Pitt held them to 41 yards in 29 carries.

FSU ran for only 7 more yards against Miami than GT but at a clip 0.8 ypc more against Miami. That data is skewed by Blackman/Rodemaker. If you discount their carries/yards in both games, the rest of team ran 26 times for 96 yards against GT (3.7 ypc) and 26 times for 171 against Miami (6.6 ypc)

So if you are going to sit here and say GT and Western Kentucky have better DL and LB talent, that's your argument. If you are being real and not saying that, then our LB play has not been fine. The play by play will show guys out of position, glued to blocks, slow to react or too slow to beat the back to the corner. Now Baker (or Manny) isn't doing our LBs ANY favors with the bs DT twists and garbage gimmicks taking place in front of them way too often....literally giving the offense a huge running hole. Roche has struggled in the run game as well, dipping inside a lot and not holding the edge. That said, plays are there to be made and just not happening with the consistency and volume LBs are expected to make.

I disagree. The LBs have not been fine. The run defense as a whole has not been fine. Jennings had his best game against UAB not FSU. He's had 1 tackle per game since. We have given up 360 rush yards the last 2 games against Louisville and FSU.

Louisville ran for 65 less yards and 0.5 ypc less against Western Kentucky and 93 less yards against Pitt. Outside of 1x75 yard touchdown, Pitt held them to 41 yards in 29 carries.

FSU ran for only 7 more yards against Miami than GT but at a clip 0.8 ypc more against Miami. That data is skewed by Blackman/Rodemaker. If you discount their carries/yards in both games, the rest of team ran 26 times for 96 yards against GT (3.7 ypc) and 26 times for 171 against Miami (6.6 ypc)

So if you are going to sit here and say GT and Western Kentucky have better DL and LB talent, that's your argument. If you are being real and not saying that, then our LB play has not been fine. The play by play will show guys out of position, glued to blocks, slow to react or too slow to beat the back to the corner. Now Baker (or Manny) isn't doing our LBs ANY favors with the bs DT twists and garbage gimmicks taking place in front of them way too often....literally giving the offense a huge running hole. Roche has struggled in the run game as well, dipping inside a lot and not holding the edge. That said, plays are there to be made and just not happening with the consistency and volume LBs are expected to make.
Are u basing this on actual stats?
UL rushed for over 200 but it took 50 attempts to get there. Avg of 4.6 a pop. That’s without accounting for negative plays. And most was in garbage time. Empty calories. Vs WKY Louisville ran 71 plays. Vs us that number was 86

FSU rushed for 150 but again it took them 36 attempts. 4.2 per carry. And that also does not account for the negative plays we forced. And again FSU ran the most amount of plays vs us

UAB similar outside zone scheme as UL they rushed for 56 yards on 26 attempts

Similarly to LSU last szn, when your offense is clicking and putting up points that give the opponent more opportunities to be on the field. So the counting numbers this szn won’t be as important as the percentages. Things like Yards per play, PPG, red zone efficiency etc. we are gonna give up yards. That’s the nature of the beast when u have a hight tempo high octane offense. The key is keeping teams out of the end zone and limiting big plays. Teams are gunna have the counting stats

I rewatched FSU’s lone touchdown drive and McCloud was beaten e-5 times on that drive; either because he fell for fake handoffs, was beaten repeatedly by the tight end, missed a tackle and was generally lost. If you watch the touchdown pass, McCloud went with the running back even though there was another defender there, and never saw the pass. He was literally running the wrong direction for the entire play. Blades had the contain but the linebacker has to come from the inside to make the tackle.
McCloud didn’t hurt us against FSU but I am worried that better teams with better offensive game plans will pick on McCloud, especially in the passing game.
‘McCloud is not a 3 down backer and we need to stop using him when teams are sold out for the pass, which may be often this year with the way our offense scores.
So I’m
I rewatched FSU’s lone touchdown drive and McCloud was beaten e-5 times on that drive; either because he fell for fake handoffs, was beaten repeatedly by the tight end, missed a tackle and was generally lost. If you watch the touchdown pass, McCloud went with the running back even though there was another defender there, and never saw the pass. He was literally running the wrong direction for the entire play. Blades had the contain but the linebacker has to come from the inside to make the tackle.
McCloud didn’t hurt us against FSU but I am worried that better teams with better offensive game plans will pick on McCloud, especially in the passing game.
‘McCloud is not a 3 down backer and we need to stop using him when teams are sold out for the pass, which may be often this year with the way our offense scores.
So I’m guessing McCloud is this year Robert Knowles , everytime I look in a thread he is being talked about negatively , we gave up one touchdown all game that didn’t change the game at all but you want to complain??

Advertisement

It's more than just giving up holes, they're allowing teams to get one or two of the OL down the field to put a hat on our LB"ers. This isn't a LB'er friendly scheme whatsoever. It's designed to get pressure up the field and disrupt the offense. The bad is that we have no gap integrity, but if we did, the LB'ers fill the gaps without having to worry about one or two OL knocking them on their ***. In particular, what we're doing is trying to get pressure on the QB and force their hand throwing the ball. It's doubly problematic when they toss quick hitting passes in there.

he's constantly out of position, he's going to cost us a game. He doesn't trust his eyes. Stop acting like teams aren't moving the ball and no player is above discussion. It's called a football forum for a reason.
Wow. I figured it out.....jw410 should be the LB coach.

Advertisement
Back