McCloud abused on touchdown drive

AtlAtty

Recruit
Maude
I rewatched FSU’s lone touchdown drive and McCloud was beaten e-5 times on that drive; either because he fell for fake handoffs, was beaten repeatedly by the tight end, missed a tackle and was generally lost. If you watch the touchdown pass, McCloud went with the running back even though there was another defender there, and never saw the pass. He was literally running the wrong direction for the entire play. Blades had the contain but the linebacker has to come from the inside to make the tackle.
McCloud didn’t hurt us against FSU but I am worried that better teams with better offensive game plans will pick on McCloud, especially in the passing game.
‘McCloud is not a 3 down backer and we need to stop using him when teams are sold out for the pass, which may be often this year with the way our offense scores.

Advertisement
BFA2A73A-6B6E-4AF4-AD93-BA6CC45A42F7.jpeg

Advertisement
I rewatched FSU’s lone touchdown drive and McCloud was beaten e-5 times on that drive; either because he fell for fake handoffs, was beaten repeatedly by the tight end, missed a tackle and was generally lost. If you watch the touchdown pass, McCloud went with the running back even though there was another defender there, and never saw the pass. He was literally running the wrong direction for the entire play. Blades had the contain but the linebacker has to come from the inside to make the tackle.
McCloud didn’t hurt us against FSU but I am worried that better teams with better offensive game plans will pick on McCloud, especially in the passing game.
‘McCloud is not a 3 down backer and we need to stop using him when teams are sold out for the pass, which may be often this year with the way our offense scores.
I actually think McCloud might be better as a rush linebacker/viper type

Advertisement
Advertisement
We know it's you Ryan Ragone's dad you're not fooling anybody.

TE and backs out the backfield always work against us, after VT last year I feel like every team tries that TE throwback against us.. Any TE screen, delay block release, shallow cross, etc works against us. Our defense is see ball, get ball, easy to fake out but you have to give something up

Advertisement
Did you understand his assignment and responsibilites on each play OP?

In case that wasn't clear, it's a rhetorical question cause no one in their right mind cares. They had 100 yards of offense at half time and the game was basically over.

Post less. It’s ok

Advertisement
Back