McCloud abused on touchdown drive

Advertisement
He actually played ok. He made some nice plays. I dont get why erryone is hard on this guy.
he's constantly out of position, he's going to cost us a game. He doesn't trust his eyes. Stop acting like teams aren't moving the ball and no player is above discussion. It's called a football forum for a reason.

Last edited:
We are slowly overhauling this linebacker room in time with more speed but in meantime time McCloud should just be in middle with Brooks at strong side

Advertisement
People keep talking about Brooks and Huff but its time to put them to the side and stop placing so much pressure on them to save this LB corp this year. They are a work in progress and lets just hope by years end they are up to speed. They shouldnt be depended on until next season.

Without McCloud, we would be up $hits creek because Jennings and Steed are not consistent either and they would be our core if McCloud decided not to redshirt. That would be scary.

Is he perfect? No. But hes not Glenn Cook either. Leave the kid alone.

Advertisement
Our LBing is Horrible (so is the coaching)
Everyone and their Grandmothers (alive or dead) can get the Edge on us....that's gonna be troublesome down the stretch...

Whole defense sucked on the FSU td drive. Whole drive not on one player but admitting this does not fit the agenda

Advertisement
All good points and I’m very positive about the team but I do worry that a team like Clemson will game plan for
Did you understand his assignment and responsibilites on each play OP?

In case that wasn't clear, it's a rhetorical question cause no one in their right mind cares. They had 100 yards of offense at half time and the game was basically over.
i went back and watched each play in that drive. He takes the wrong steps often at the beginning of plays and loses his assignment 0n misdirection plays.
look, I’m as enthusiastic as anyone about the team and season, but after 24 hours the former coach in me kicks in and I go back and look for mistakes. I don‘t watch highlights, I watch the short comings because they are what needs to be addressed. This doesn’t make a person less of a fan. It’s how any decent coach analyzes film.
‘So if you don’t trust my opinion, go watch the drive. McCloud is fine against the run, but he is not good in pass defense

The negative nancies will start coming out more the further we get from Saturday's win.
They've been itching to but know they will look a fool after such a big victory.
It’s not negative to figure out how and where to improve.
‘Enjoy a victory for 24 hours and then work on short comings. That’s analysis Which we, as fans and some of us as former coaches, are permitted to do. In fact, most coaches are hard wired to do just this.

Advertisement
Thanks for the input OP. Not a bad thread, just bad timing.

Don't **** in our cheerios after putting up a 50 🍔 vs FSU.

I rewatched FSU’s lone touchdown drive and McCloud was beaten e-5 times on that drive; either because he fell for fake handoffs, was beaten repeatedly by the tight end, missed a tackle and was generally lost. If you watch the touchdown pass, McCloud went with the running back even though there was another defender there, and never saw the pass. He was literally running the wrong direction for the entire play. Blades had the contain but the linebacker has to come from the inside to make the tackle.
McCloud didn’t hurt us against FSU but I am worried that better teams with better offensive game plans will pick on McCloud, especially in the passing game.
‘McCloud is not a 3 down backer and we need to stop using him when teams are sold out for the pass, which may be often this year with the way our offense scores.
Y’all need to stop this foolishness man

Advertisement
Back