McClendon telling WR's not to go to Miami because they are going to run the ball a lot

Advertisement
2021 Wide Receiver comparisons (UGa - 15 games played, UM - 12 games played)

#1 UM WR - Charleston Rambo - 79 receptions for 1,172 yards
#1 UGa WR - Jermaine Burton - 26 receptions for 497 yards

#2 UM WR - Mike Harley - 57 receptions for 543 yards
#2 UGa WR - Ladd McConkey - 31 receptions for 447 yards

#3 UM WR - Key'Shawn Smith (pronounced "Smiff") - 33 receptions for 405 yards
#3 UGa WR - Adonai Mitchell - 29 receptions for 426 yards

#4 UM WR - Xavier Restrepo - 24 receptions for 373 yards
#4 UGa WR - Kearis Jackson - 17 receptions for 191 yards

But, but, but, what about the TEs?

#1 UM TE - Will Mallory - 30 receptions for 347 yards
#1 UGa TE - Brock (pronounced "Broke") Bowers - 56 receptions for 882 yards

But, but, but, what about the RB?

Top 2 UM RB - 31 receptions for 399 yards
Top 2 UGa RB - 49 receptions for 526 yards

To summarize...UGa, which played a season that was TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT LONGER than Miami's season (15 games to 12 games) actually completed significantly fewer passes to WRs than Miami (both receptions AND yardage), which was NOT significantly offset by passes to the TEs or RBs.

Fvck McClendon and fvck UGa.
To be fair those were under a different HC and OC.

This guy is telling recruits “I know Mario I worked with him at Oregon and we never passed the ball”

It’s still rich considering he’s at Georgia now and he literally recruited for Mario for years and never had an issue with it then, but a better comparison would be Oregon’s receivers against Georgia’s

doesn't matter. Saban got Julio Jones and Amari Cooper when he was still running a stone age offense. LSU was a factory of day 1 WR picks when Les Miles was handing the ball off 40 times a game. play in and win big time games and put your kids in the NFL and elite WRs will want to come play for you.

This guy is telling recruits “I know Mario I worked with him at Oregon and we never passed the ball”

It’s still rich considering he’s at Georgia now and he literally recruited for Mario for years and never had an issue with it then, but a better comparison would be Oregon’s receivers against Georgia’s

To be fair, Mario didn't have the same personnel at Oregon vs. Miami either.

And I don't want to hear any crap about Justin Herbert, who McClendon never worked with.

Oh, and more importantly, UGa KEPT the same OC who produced that offense in 2021. So anyone can SPECULATE as to what Miami will do with a different HC and OC, but we have a pretty solid idea of what UGa will do BASED ON HAVING THE SAME HC AND OC as last year.

Advertisement
To be fair, Mario didn't have the same personnel at Oregon vs. Miami either.

And I don't want to hear any crap about Justin Herbert, who McClendon never worked with.

Oh, and more importantly, UGa KEPT the same OC who produced that offense in 2021. So anyone can SPECULATE as to what Miami will do with a different HC and OC, but we have a pretty solid idea of what UGa will do BASED ON HAVING THE SAME HC AND OC as last year.
Yeah we all agree it’s hilarious for him to say that while he now works at Georgia.

I’m all aboard the Mario train but part of Mario’s strength in establishing a strong powerful running game can also be used as a valid criticism when he did have Herbert and didn’t seem to utilize him fully.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen again or that I think it will, just that there is a perception out there that can be used successfully when recruiting against us.

Miami will always have excellent playmakers at WR just by recruiting south florida. I trust he’ll find a good OC who will help us to have a strong balanced attack where we utilize TVD and our playmakers too

Advertisement
I will say, it's interesting that Georgia didn't sign a single WR in the top 30 of the position in this class. their highest rated WR is Chandler Smith, no. 32 WR and no. 224 overall player. Tex A&M signed 2 of the top 3 WR and Bama got 3 of the top 12. something happened w/ Georgia and WRs this cycle, not sure if it was the offense or a lame position coach or what but they definitely did not recruit that position at an elite level this time around. the top WR in Georgia -- Kojo Antwi, no. 25 WR per 247 -- signed with Ohio State.

I just hope we can gain a yard on 3rd or 4th down unlike the last few years. I seriously doubt the pass will not be a huge part of this seasons offense.

Advertisement

What is he going to say if Miami gets an OC who likes to throw the ball plus 30 a game? I will be shocked if TVD does not throw north of 400 in 14 games.

Yeah we all agree it’s hilarious for him to say that while he now works at Georgia.

I’m all aboard the Mario train but part of Mario’s strength in establishing a strong powerful running game can also be used as a valid criticism when he did have Herbert and didn’t seem to utilize him fully.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen again or that I think it will, just that there is a perception out there that can be used successfully when recruiting against us.

Miami will always have excellent playmakers at WR just by recruiting south florida. I trust he’ll find a good OC who will help us to have a strong balanced attack where we utilize TVD and our playmakers too

Here's an idea. Bryan McClendon was just hired by the defending National Champs. Maybe, just maybe, in your FIRST week on the job, you can try using positive recruiting rather than negative recruiting. Too much to ask?

Fvck McClendon and fvck UGa.

Advertisement
I will say, it's interesting that Georgia didn't sign a single WR in the top 30 of the position in this class. their highest rated WR is Chandler Smith, no. 32 WR and no. 224 overall player. Tex A&M signed 2 of the top 3 WR and Bama got 3 of the top 12. something happened w/ Georgia and WRs this cycle, not sure if it was the offense or a lame position coach or what but they definitely did not recruit that position at an elite level this time around. the top WR in Georgia -- Kojo Antwi, no. 25 WR per 247 -- signed with Ohio State.
Maybe it’s because they have a midget walk-on QB who Kirby lives vicariously through as it was his life long dream to hand the ball off to 4 different running backs 10 times each per game.

On the bright side, generational TE talent Darnell Washington has 17 receptions in 2 years!

What is he going to say if Miami gets an OC who likes to throw the ball plus 30 a game? I will be shocked if TVD does not throw north of 400 in 14 games.
If he gets an OC who likes to throw the ball a lot AND he throws the ball a lot next year. Then we have some great information we can use against BMac next recruiting cycle.

Advertisement
Back