McClendon telling WR's not to go to Miami because they are going to run the ball a lot

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope we run the ball more.

We have a lot of RBs with great potential and a OL always seems to get into a good rhythm when they run block physically as a priority.
Our oline should only improve and we will start bulldozing a majority of the teams in the ACC. So yeah, I sure hope we can run the ball!

Mario already said TVD is the best in the country and will plan around him. He isn’t dumb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our oline should only improve and we will start bulldozing a majority of the teams in the ACC. So yeah, I sure hope we can run the ball!

Mario already said TVD is the best in the country and will plan around him. He isn’t dumb.
Well, if you are running the ball down people's throats then it takes a lot of load off the Qb's shoulders to not have to play superman every game.

shoot-this-************-wanted.gif

Advertisement
The absolute irony of that statement when their leading WR had like 600 yards on the year lol.

2021 Wide Receiver comparisons (UGa - 15 games played, UM - 12 games played)

#1 UM WR - Charleston Rambo - 79 receptions for 1,172 yards
#1 UGa WR - Jermaine Burton - 26 receptions for 497 yards

#2 UM WR - Mike Harley - 57 receptions for 543 yards
#2 UGa WR - Ladd McConkey - 31 receptions for 447 yards

#3 UM WR - Key'Shawn Smith (pronounced "Smiff") - 33 receptions for 405 yards
#3 UGa WR - Adonai Mitchell - 29 receptions for 426 yards

#4 UM WR - Xavier Restrepo - 24 receptions for 373 yards
#4 UGa WR - Kearis Jackson - 17 receptions for 191 yards

But, but, but, what about the TEs?

#1 UM TE - Will Mallory - 30 receptions for 347 yards
#1 UGa TE - Brock (pronounced "Broke") Bowers - 56 receptions for 882 yards

But, but, but, what about the RB?

Top 2 UM RB - 31 receptions for 399 yards
Top 2 UGa RB - 49 receptions for 526 yards

To summarize...UGa, which played a season that was TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT LONGER than Miami's season (15 games to 12 games) actually completed significantly fewer passes to WRs than Miami (both receptions AND yardage), which was NOT significantly offset by passes to the TEs or RBs.

Oh, and all that in a season where both our #1 QB and #1 RB suffered season-ending injuries.

Fvck McClendon and fvck UGa.

Advertisement
Back