McClendon telling WR's not to go to Miami because they are going to run the ball a lot

Definitely a legit worry. If you don't think it is, you have your head in the sand. Hopefully Mario can adjust.

Mario had an unreal NFL talent in Herbert and Oregon only threw for ~250 ypg in his 2 years there. NFL pro bowl QB and they were running 68 play per game his SR year, wasting a talent like that is a fileable offense. Should have been putting up near Burrow/LSU numbers in 19-20
"but Georgia doesn't throw the ball either!"

Advertisement
LMAO at all these guys giving recruiting advice to "one of the best WR recruiters in the league"
Psychology never changes, there has been a million studies done on talking down about the competition and all of them say it's a losing way of doing business. If he recruits like that he will lose more battles than he should and not know why

Last edited:
Psychology never changes, there has been a millions studies done on talking down about the competition and all of them say it's a losing way of doing business. If he recruits like that he will lose more battles than he should and not know why
How many of those studies where done on football players? I will trust the guy who is considered one of the top recruiters in the country over some random psychologists painting with a very broad brush. Some of the best recruiters in CFB negatively recruit. Kirby is a good example.

How many of those studies where done on football players? I will trust the guy who is considered one of the top recruiters in the country over some random psychologists painting with a very broad brush. Some of the best recruiters in CFB negatively recruit. Kirby is a good example.
Okay so you’re saying psychology changes for football players alone and the rest of the world is different.. Got it…. A more reasonable explanation would be that the players loved the head coaches enough that it didn’t matter what BMac said.. Case in point is Cristobal having a top 15 class with no coordinators.. My point in all this is that if the recruit loves two head coaches but one of them has a douche bag wide receivers coach and the other one has a cool wide receivers coach that doesn’t put everybody down he’s probably gonna choose the coach he loves with a cool wide receiver coach.

Okay so you’re saying psychology changes for football players alone and the rest of the world is different.. Got it…. A more reasonable explanation would be that the players loved the head coaches enough that it didn’t matter what BMac said.. Case in point is Cristobal having a top 15 class with no coordinators.. My point in all this is that if the recruit loves two head coaches but one of them has a douche bag wide receivers coach and the other one has a cool wide receivers coach that doesn’t put everybody down he’s probably gonna choose the coach he loves with a cool wide receiver coach.
Do I think what works best at getting middle aged men to buy life insurance, is going to also be the most effective at getting 17 year old celebrities to sign their lives away? No I don't think so. Brian has recruited well at every stop he made, including under coaches who suck at recruiting. He knows what he is doing, regardless of what Psychologists who never met a 5 star recruit in their lives think.

Advertisement
Do I think what works best at getting middle aged men to buy life insurance, is going to also be the most effective at getting 17 year old celebrities to sign their lives away? No I don't think so. Brian has recruited well at every stop he made, including under coaches who suck at recruiting. He knows what he is doing, regardless of what Psychologists who never met a 5 star recruit in their lives think.
Okay man if facts don’t work there’s no reason to talk. You refuse facts to fit your view point so there’s no point in discussing any further .. have a blessed day

Just watched 2019 Oregon auburn… he probably isn’t lying. Hope he learned from that

Okay man if facts don’t work there’s no reason to talk. You refuse facts to fit your view point so there’s no point in discussing any further .. have a blessed day
You are the one refusing facts. We have the facts right in front of us. A negative recruiter with a great track record. You are the one pushing hypotheticals with "If he just stopped negative recruiting, he would do better, this is according to this study I found that says negative recruiting doesn't work for used car salesmen".

Advertisement
You are the one refusing facts. We have the facts right in front of us. A negative recruiter with a great track record. You are the one pushing hypotheticals with "If he just stopped negative recruiting, he would do better, this is according to this study I found that says negative recruiting doesn't work for used car salesmen".
BMac is a dope recruiter isn’t facts lol but you do you

BMac is a dope recruiter isn’t facts lol but you do you
Your saying Bmac is not a great recruiter? LMAO!! Even the butt hurt fans from all the teams he left, say he is a great recruiter. Kirby signed him, because he is a great recruiter. I am sure you know more than the guy that recruited himself to a NC. LMAO!

Advertisement
Your saying Bmac is not a great recruiter? LMAO!! Even the butt hurt fans from all the teams he left, say he is a great recruiter. Kirby signed him, because he is a great recruiter. I am sure you know more than the guy that recruited himself to a NC. LMAO!
I’m saying you lack knowledge of the fundamental difference between fact and opinion which makes discussing this with you about the same as arguing with a rock. So have a good day and let’s move our separate way, take care

I’m saying you lack knowledge of the fundamental difference between fact and opinion which makes discussing this with you about the same as arguing with a rock. So have a good day and let’s move our separate way, take care
No, I do not. Saying someone is good at their job, is not an opinion, when it is backed up by facts. The amount of NFL players and elite D1 players he has recruited has made it a fact that he is great at his job. You are the one that can't figure out why the square peg isn't fitting into the circle.

Advertisement
No, I do not. Saying someone is good at their job, is not an opinion, when it is backed up by facts. The amount of NFL players and elite D1 players he has recruited has made it a fact that he is great at his job. You are the one that can't figure out why the square peg isn't fitting into the circle.
Maybe you should reread everything I said.. nobody ever argued that he has had some good recruits.. I simply stated that if he continues to negative recruit he will lose some guys he shouldn’t have.

Maybe you should reread everything I said.. nobody ever argued that he has had some good recruits.. I simply stated that if he continues to negative recruit he will lose some guys he shouldn’t have.
You act like the guy just started to negative recruit this cycle. He has been doing this his entire career and it has worked for him. Lets see next year how his class ends up. If your theory is correct he should have a pretty pathetic looking class.

Oh My God Wow GIF

Advertisement
Back