Mayes commits to hometown Hurricanes

What I noticed most is that when he hits, the ball seems to end up on the ground. I like that. And once it is in the air, he act like a WR. I really like that. After a year at the West, everyone will want this kid. Great pick up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm all for the staff doing their own evals and pulling the trigger early.

Now we can sit back and watch other schools offer our comitts instead of the other way around.

We've been doing this it's just that sometimes we don't end up with the player. Players we've offered early before other schools: the Cheerleader, Travis Rudolph, Alin Edouard, Chris Lammons and I'm sure I'm forgetting other names.

Honey Badger 2.0 (w/o the weed problem, w/a level head)

:ibisroflmao: wow a 4 star guy that was a stud compared to a Zero star guy...yea I see the comparison

lets hope this kid works out and works hard his senior year at MNW and he stays healthy....lets NOT compare him to a NFL guy weed or no weed

Good size for a corner. Golden isn't messing around this recruiting season. If we go for a full class, there is 8 spots left. Need at least 2 DT's out of the remaining 8.

:ibisroflmao: wow a 4 star guy that was a stud compared to a Zero star guy...yea I see the comparison

lets hope this kid works out and works hard his senior year at MNW and he stays healthy....lets NOT compare him to a NFL guy weed or no weed

If hes a zero star guy then its fair to say that this 6'1" 190lb athlete that's good enough to go to MNW hasn't been ranked yet correct? Maybe you should pump the brakes rather than act like a know it all ******* who knows nothing at all. When this kid blows up shortly you'll change your tune.

Advertisement

I think the honey badger comparison is silly. But your post embodies the ignorance of not understanding how the rankings work. At this same juncture in Honey Badger's recruitment he had exactly ZERO BCS offers (see below). Yes, he ended up a 4 star and eventually a heisman candidate, but not at the equivalent of this stage in the recruiting process.

6/5/2009
Though Mathieu has yet to get an offer from the SEC or any other BCS programs, he has already garnered official offers for a number of smaller programs. Before Monday, Mathieu held offers from FIU, Tulane, Miami University, SMU and Hampton.

7/21/2009
New Orleans-St. Augustine defensive back Tyrann Mathieu impressed LSU head coach Les Miles and his staff at the Tigers football camp this week. His performance earned his a scholarship offer that was quickly accepted.

These dudes haven't even played their senior seasons yet, there is still a lot of evaluation going on, a lot of new prospects emerging, and a lot of shuffling to be done with the rankings as the guys who run these sites try to keep up with guys who really know their stuff. I laud our coaches for being ahead of the curve for many prospects (like a poster noted above: Lammons, Rudolph, Collins, Flowers, even a guy like Amari Cooper)

I am impressed by Mayes' tape though and love his potential. He also does seem to have some natural playmaking ability. I bet he makes a lot of noise this season at MNW

Its just really amazing how much talent is down here. I know Al is like WTF. There is no way to keep track of it all unless you have the local coaches on your side. Here is a kid who when it was reported that he committed last night.. most of the board (including myself) was like "who the **** is Ryan Mayes?". I thought this was a situation where the kid just committed with no offer in tow. Come to find out Syracuse covertly has been on him this whole time. LOL. The Orangemen tried to pull a fast one. That man T.Y said, Uh-uh. This kid is staying home. Hope the kids pans out and blows up this year. He is gonna have PLENTY of chances to show his stuff going up against Jojo in practice, Devante Phillips from Central, and maybe Ermon Lane or Tyre brady if they play them this year.

Advertisement
This guy is an absolute diamond find by our staff and will contend for the heisman. (Unless he flips, in which case he is a no-star, guaranteed bust. He'll be lucky to play special teams and we are pumped to get the scholie back.)

Okay...good enough to go to MNW...really you mean High school, correct where he HAS to go...
2nd Matthew was an LSU guy from DAY ONE..he was also a stud, just look back in 08 and 09...no one wasted an offer knowing he was all LSU from the get go...those articles were a joke on him....

Like I said if you 12 year olds with our locks and Heisman talk with every recruit we get...I wish him the best...High schools in SFL are filled with 6ft 180 lb fast guys...

I trust Al and his guys and even stated I wish him the best this year at MNW and he works his *** off and makes us a better team.....

Advertisement

If hes a zero star guy then its fair to say that this 6'1" 190lb athlete that's good enough to go to MNW hasn't been ranked yet correct? Maybe you should pump the brakes rather than act like a know it all ******* who knows nothing at all. When this kid blows up shortly you'll change your tune.

Yea I am the guy that calls all recruits LOCKS and gets a boner when any guy gets an offer from us...grow up guys its a few days away from real football....see you at the games...

Yea I am the guy that calls all recruits LOCKS and gets a boner when any guy gets an offer from us...grow up guys its a few days away from real football....see you at the games...

Seems you're the guy who has never admitted to being wrong about anything and just sidesteps **** with half truths and hope it goes away

Honey Badger reference comes from seeing him on the field. I'm not a stars guy.

His film is littered with him making plays through turnovers. Is that not what TM7 was a monster at?

I think the honey badger comparison is silly. But your post embodies the ignorance of not understanding how the rankings work. At this same juncture in Honey Badger's recruitment he had exactly ZERO BCS offers (see below). Yes, he ended up a 4 star and eventually a heisman candidate, but not at the equivalent of this stage in the recruiting process.

6/5/2009
Though Mathieu has yet to get an offer from the SEC or any other BCS programs, he has already garnered official offers for a number of smaller programs. Before Monday, Mathieu held offers from FIU, Tulane, Miami University, SMU and Hampton.

7/21/2009
New Orleans-St. Augustine defensive back Tyrann Mathieu impressed LSU head coach Les Miles and his staff at the Tigers football camp this week. His performance earned his a scholarship offer that was quickly accepted.

These dudes haven't even played their senior seasons yet, there is still a lot of evaluation going on, a lot of new prospects emerging, and a lot of shuffling to be done with the rankings as the guys who run these sites try to keep up with guys who really know their stuff. I laud our coaches for being ahead of the curve for many prospects (like a poster noted above: Lammons, Rudolph, Collins, Flowers, even a guy like Amari Cooper)

I am impressed by Mayes' tape though and love his potential. He also does seem to have some natural playmaking ability. I bet he makes a lot of noise this season at MNW

super solid

Advertisement
Back