MAX SQUAT DAYYY

Bro, toes and heels should both be on the floor and rooted. neither should be coming up at all. and its not the ankles caving people should worry about its the knees
When you zoom in you can tell that nothing is coming up at all. The big white heel on the shoe with the colors of the logo make it seem as if theres space but when you zoom in and focus on just the back on the heel you can tell its on the floor.

Advertisement
Bro, toes and heels should both be on the floor and rooted. neither should be coming up at all. and its not the ankles caving people should worry about its the knees
No **** both need to be rooted. I'm saying I don't see either of them coming up, at least in that still image. His legs are pushed out against the band. The ankles caving is actually something people should watch for because it's related to dysfunction in movement. In this case, since his ankles are not caving in, his heel is down on the side we can't see as well since his foot can't come up with ankles that are stable. There is nothing wrong with his knee positioning. His foot positioning is consistent in angle on both sides. I'm really not seeing what you are seeing, and this is **** I look for.

No **** both need to be rooted. I'm saying I don't see either of them coming up, at least in that still image. His legs are pushed out against the band. The ankles caving is actually something people should watch for because it's related to dysfunction in movement. In this case, since his ankles are not caving in, his heel is down on the side we can't see as well since his foot can't come up with ankles that are stable. There is nothing wrong with his knee positioning. His foot positioning is consistent in angle on both sides. I'm really not seeing what you are seeing, and this is **** I look for.
I didnt say his knees were caving or in a bad position buddy. And i still think his heel are coming up. And to be honest they dont need that band around the knees either. Just do a dynamic warm up get the hips opening and glutes firing and then squat

I didnt say his knees were caving or in a bad position buddy. And i still think his heel are coming up. And to be honest they dont need that band around the knees either. Just do a dynamic warm up get the hips opening and glutes firing and then squat

It's not a regular squat. It's a variation, and there's literally nothing wrong with having it in programming assuming it's not his main squat movement for the week. He's only working at around 275 based off looking at the plates. He's not going that heavy.

Advertisement
It's not a regular squat. It's a variation, and there's literally nothing wrong with having it in programming assuming it's not his main squat movement for the week. He's only working at around 275 based off looking at the plates. He's not going that heavy.
Its an unnecessary movement imo. Hes not trying to be one of these fitness chicks is he? then no need to do that. Focus on lifts that actually improve athletic performance. Just like for deadlifts I would have these guys all using hook grip or using straps so they dont put themselves at unnecessary risk of tearing a bicep using a mixed grip

He's not coming up off his heels. He's wearing squat shoes, and the white on the bottom contrasted with the green on the floor gives an optical illusion. Open the image up, and you can see he's flat.

Yeah I had to zoom in when I read the first comment. It looks like he's up but his heel is down.

Its an unnecessary movement imo. Hes not trying to be one of these fitness chicks is he? then no need to do that. Focus on lifts that actually improve athletic performance. Just like for deadlifts I would have these guys all using hook grip or using straps so they dont put themselves at unnecessary risk of tearing a bicep using a mixed grip
There's nothing wrong with having it as accessory work for a training block to really drill down form, especially as I'm guessing felder was kinda bad at it.

I am 100% on-board with straps for deads. They get plenty of other grip work, and you are 100% right with the risk of tears from mixed grip. I would disagree with hook grip, because the potential risk of nerve damage in the thumb probably isn't worth it to football players that need to grip things when straps are available.

Advertisement
Image result for squat shart gif

Advertisement
Great, 3 pages of people who have no fcking clue what the are talking about . Sounds about right.

I have a BA in exercise science but this is funny watching people talk about things they have no clue....not saying i know everything but sheesh that dude said we shouldn't squat lol okay strength coach what should we do? lolololol

He's not coming up off his heels. He's wearing squat shoes, and the white on the bottom contrasted with the green on the floor gives an optical illusion. Open the image up, and you can see he's flat.

His heels are off the floor. If they were on the floor, you wouldn’t be able to see the white outline on the U

Advertisement
Just lift where you can control the weight, which maxing doesn't do.

Yeah, they need to lift. It's part of the deal. There will be long term damage from it. Let's not make it catastrophic.

(If you're over 40 and still squat heavy, get a CT scan of your vertebrae, please)

Over 40 here and still squat heavy (well, for me, anyway). For what it's worth, back squats never hurt my back, or my knees, at all. I don't like doing one rep max squats, though....even if I know how to bail out on the lift safely, doing so always feels kinda disconcerting.

Front squats and overhead squats, those do hurt, but only because I'm not really flexible enough to do either well.

Advertisement
Back