MAX SQUAT DAYYY

Advertisement
I’ll be 65 in September and after couple mile high paced walk and a bike ride I do high rep squats NO weights to get my heart rate up , core strengthening and burn calories and fat.

35 plus years ago my best three lifts none competition we’re at 242 pounds

Squat 705
Deadlift 730
Bench 450
Total 1985
made several attempts to break 2000lb total but mentally just way to much at 242.

Retired soon after these totals , life got in the way

My things have changed .

GOCANES
Beast

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love this thread 🤣🤣! You gent’s should go ahead and post pics of yourselves lol. I mean, I’m 54 and ripped. . .😁

tommy-window.gif

Max I ever did was 625. 2013, sophomore year of college. I was 5'10 233 at the time. We had a Samoan nose tackle, gangbanger from Long Beach, he was doing 3 reps of 870. We had a offensive lineman from the backwoods of Kansas that was maxing out at 905. Southwest Minnesota State's strength coach had just came from Nebraska as an assistant & we definitely trained like the 90s Huskers

Advertisement
Doing heavy singles for testing isn’t dangerous for professional athletes (which these kids are). Max effort training is very common and the idea the squat does nothing for you is need to the entire strength community.
Squatting does something. A single max squat doesn't. Evidence of that is how many max squat efforts are fails.

These kids aren't professional lifters. They've spent most of their time lifting in high school gyms with little supervision - relying on their strength and no caring about form. Sure, they're get trained up here, but it's an ego lift.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back