Matt corral 5 qb

Brooklyn has connections to IMG, so I would love a Noah Cain at paradise commitment, but I can't imagine that at the moment. Brooklyn, any other current commits that you feel shaky on. I love how Brian is locked in, but I'm curious to know if there are other rumblings of guys peeking at other schools

Yes...

I can confirm reason given for getting kicked out of Oaks. He played with my son recently.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rick must feel awfully strong about Pickowski to ignore guys like Corral and Fields. Hope he's right because I don't feel great about his QB choice this cycle.
Franchise nailed it here. Also seems like a lot of loyalty from Rick to a guy who as Dee said most don't think will ever start at UM. Quite a few believe he might not even stick if Perry has a good year. And wasn't he talking **** about UM at one point? I could care less about Coral but why the blind loyalty to Sits with a guy like fields out there? Rick has had to have known all about him for YEARS.

The same Richt who didn't pursue Cam Newton or DeShaun Watson hard enough.

Advertisement
Brooklyn, what's your opinion of Weldon? Will he continue to grow into someone who could push and compete with Perry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. I wouldn't be surprised in the long run if Weldon ends up better than Perry. He's still in the race by the way.
People gave up on Weldon after a rough spring, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him look much more comfortable and impressive when fall practice rolls around. People underestimate just how tough it is for most HS QBs to walk in and feel comfortable leading a marquee college program in a few weeks.

By the end of spring it was night & day. He was looking alot better but it's clear he's got the foundation to move forward. You can tell he's a natural qb.

Rick must feel awfully strong about Pickowski to ignore guys like Corral and Fields. Hope he's right because I don't feel great about his QB choice this cycle.

I hear you, but at some point you have to defer to CMR's judgment, until his results at UM show otherwise.

Let's put it this way: There's something there that made UM go all-in on this kid. Most likely, it's that his physical skills make him look like the next Andrew Luck. Think of it the way major league baseball scouts pitchers. They don't care if the kid walks the entire lineup because he can't find home plate with a GPS and seeing eye dog. If he can throw 95 mph, they think he can be coached up in the farm system from a thrower to a pitcher.

Same deal here, I believe. CMR sees a barely 17 year old kid with that kind of physical makeup? It's rare. And the coach must be thinking as long as the kid is a hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders, the upside is no doubt worth taking the risk. Particularly when you have 2 QB'a on the roster (Perry and Shirreffs) that are young (fresh/soph) and the staff believe have a lot of skills.

That's my take anyway.

Not really. I'll agree with him and disagree with him. He was far from flawless in choosing QBs at UGA.

I hope he's right and I'm wrong on Pickowski. I also hope he's right in ignoring the other guys we could have signed instead of Pickowski.

I'm a firm believer that there are some things that can't be taught to QBs. Like a great RB, there are some things you either have or you don't. And the big arm is only a fraction of the important traits.

Jeff George Syndrome....have all the arm you want, doesn't matter.

UM

Brooklyn, what's your opinion of Weldon? Will he continue to grow into someone who could push and compete with Perry?

Definitely. I wouldn't be surprised in the long run if Weldon ends up better than Perry. He's still in the race by the way.

I did like Weldon's video, but just drills. Same with Sitkowski, who half the people here don't seem to like. I think you just have to wait and see.

Advertisement
So Gilbert is gone? Awesome.

UGA paying him a lot of money to be in their class.

same with Bama and Jobe.

We'll see what happens come december.

I'd take 200 grand from either program and sign with miami. What are they going to do, tell on them?

Yes & worse...

Can you elaborate? I'm really curious. I am far from the know when it comes to recruiting.

People gave up on Weldon after a rough spring, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him look much more comfortable and impressive when fall practice rolls around. People underestimate just how tough it is for most HS QBs to walk in and feel comfortable leading a marquee college program in a few weeks.

Agreed. I have questioned people on this board about the last time a--true--freshman quarterback has led their team to an incredible season. No one ever has an answer. I realize people think Perry is the next coming of God, which is fine, but expectations seem to be a little too high for him. The best thing that can happen in a situation like this is that Weldon, and the other quarterbacks on the roster, play their best so that Perry is pushed, through competition, to be become a better player each and every week. I've said it before and I'll say it again: competition breeds success. Above anything else, the quarterback position needs competition, so I hope Weldon can provide that.

Well since know one has never answered I'll give you one (in a sec) it's important to remember for us in all honesty option 1a & 1b are both true freshman. Cause I'm sorry but if Malik or sheriffs are gave this job just to play it safe well go 8-4 9-3 10-2 cause with this schedule it's impossible to do worse with our defense. But come competitive games & the bowl were gonna get laughed out of the stadium. So much of this recruiting headache were going through now is literally because these kids saw our spring game with sheriffs & rosier & came away saying I don't know if well make enough of a difference basically... understood we had ALOT out for that spring game but these 2 as a starter equals no bueno. I know I took awhile to answer but last true freshman to REALLY make a difference was jameel Holloway at OU. Won the championship as a true in the 82 season I believe it was.

Agreed. I have questioned people on this board about the last time a--true--freshman quarterback has led their team to an incredible season. No one ever has an answer. I realize people think Perry is the next coming of God, which is fine, but expectations seem to be a little too high for him. The best thing that can happen in a situation like this is that Weldon, and the other quarterbacks on the roster, play their best so that Perry is pushed, through competition, to be become a better player each and every week. I've said it before and I'll say it again: competition breeds success. Above anything else, the quarterback position needs competition, so I hope Weldon can provide that.

Well since know one has never answered I'll give you one (in a sec) it's important to remember for us in all honesty option 1a & 1b are both true freshman. Cause I'm sorry but if Malik or sheriffs are gave this job just to play it safe well go 8-4 9-3 10-2 cause with this schedule it's impossible to do worse with our defense. But come competitive games & the bowl were gonna get laughed out of the stadium. So much of this recruiting headache were going through now is literally because these kids saw our spring game with sheriffs & rosier & came away saying I don't know if well make enough of a difference basically... understood we had ALOT out for that spring game but these 2 as a starter equals no bueno. I know I took awhile to answer but last true freshman to REALLY make a difference was jameel Holloway at OU. Won the championship as a true in the 82 season I believe it was.

So do you think Perry has done enough to seperate himself? From what you're hearing anyway?

Advertisement

I hear you, but at some point you have to defer to CMR's judgment, until his results at UM show otherwise.

Let's put it this way: There's something there that made UM go all-in on this kid. Most likely, it's that his physical skills make him look like the next Andrew Luck. Think of it the way major league baseball scouts pitchers. They don't care if the kid walks the entire lineup because he can't find home plate with a GPS and seeing eye dog. If he can throw 95 mph, they think he can be coached up in the farm system from a thrower to a pitcher.

Same deal here, I believe. CMR sees a barely 17 year old kid with that kind of physical makeup? It's rare. And the coach must be thinking as long as the kid is a hard worker and has a good head on his shoulders, the upside is no doubt worth taking the risk. Particularly when you have 2 QB'a on the roster (Perry and Shirreffs) that are young (fresh/soph) and the staff believe have a lot of skills.

That's my take anyway.

Not really. I'll agree with him and disagree with him. He was far from flawless in choosing QBs at UGA.

I hope he's right and I'm wrong on Pickowski. I also hope he's right in ignoring the other guys we could have signed instead of Pickowski.

I'm a firm believer that there are some things that can't be taught to QBs. Like a great RB, there are some things you either have or you don't. And the big arm is only a fraction of the important traits.

UM

As I've said all along ****kowski CAN be a monster IF he simply learns how to get out of his own way. Block out his family,block out all the pressure they put on him & he'll be fine. I'm just not sure he's mentally strong enough for the qb position... I see all these comparisons made for him & honestly I laugh. Far as I'm concerned there is one dead on comparison (minus all the high school results either way) just look at him with a blank slate & 100% he's Dan Kendra... lmao I can almost see ****kowski on the cover of s.i. painted green like the hulk!

So Gilbert is gone? Awesome.

UGA paying him a lot of money to be in their class.

same with Bama and Jobe.

We'll see what happens come december.

I'd take 200 grand from either program and sign with miami. What are they going to do, tell on them?

Yes & worse...

It's the "worse" that sounds scary....is the Mafia still around in SEC territory?

The Klan definitely is...

That's my take anyway.

UM

As I've said all along ****kowski CAN be a monster IF he simply learns how to get out of his own way. Block out his family,block out all the pressure they put on him & he'll be fine. I'm just not sure he's mentally strong enough for the qb position... I see all these comparisons made for him & honestly I laugh. Far as I'm concerned there is one dead on comparison (minus all the high school results either way) just look at him with a blank slate & 100% he's Dan Kendra... lmao I can almost see ****kowski on the cover of s.i. painted green like the hulk!
This might be the nicest comment you have said about sitkowski lol

Advertisement

So do you think Perry has done enough to seperate himself? From what you're hearing anyway?

That's an impossible dilemma. He's a 7 on 7 qb so right now he's in his element. Everything he's doing has definitely won over his teammates. But until richt sees him excelling in shells atleast & in a regular practice setting in front of him than it'll all be pointless. Just because I've seen our options let's just say I'm optimistic he will.

That's my take anyway.

UM

I've said that all along though Brock. I'm not too fond of his character but to he'll with that if he wins us big games. My problem with him has always been his family puts alot of pressure on him. They really do treat him like he's the golden ticket to Willie wonka chocolate factory. They constantly remind him of everything they've gone through for him & how much they've put into his football upbringing & how they could've spent it differently... really sucks to treat a kid the way they do. Just alot of pressure for him to succeed. He's gotta learn to block it out ...

UM

I've said that all along though Brock. I'm not too fond of his character but to he'll with that if he wins us big games. My problem with him has always been his family puts alot of pressure on him. They really do treat him like he's the golden ticket to Willie wonka chocolate factory. They constantly remind him of everything they've gone through for him & how much they've put into his football upbringing & how they could've spent it differently... really sucks to treat a kid the way they do. Just alot of pressure for him to succeed. He's gotta learn to block it out ...

True, we will see what happens this year

Advertisement
Back