Matt corral 5 qb

For those that care Matt corral is attempting to commit to us. It's not reciprocated at all. As the staff has not even contacted him. Since were not gonna take him (even though he's 10x better than artur) he's gonna end up signing with Georgia or Alabama (who's also trying to steal cade away from a&m)gotta love recruiting. By the way two big commits coming next week...

He has got a gun on him and threw it 77 yards winning at the Nike long ball challenge last week.

Like some are saying, addiction problems will take it all away unless he can get it under control which is an uphill fight every day.

Hmmm..... I'll take a ken Dorsey, Steve Walsh type... heady player who knows what to do with the ball. From the sound of it arty struggles with this part of his game right now.

Advertisement
I understand. I'm just saying from our perspective it's irrelevant. He just is what he is. Either way Perry or Weldon will hold down the fort for the next 4-5 years than tai will be coming in for 2020... wait till you see tai as a finished product.

Who is Tai???

Taisun Phomasomethingcanh... Dee loves him.

Taisun Phommachanh, Harding, Dual-Threat Quarterback
Yeah I love em. Him & his brother will be first rounders. But honestly I'm just giving y'all a heads up. He will be our qb for that class.

Dual threat but runs a 4.97 40? Is that right?

6-6, 287

Not really. As another recruit pointed out the reality is none of us expect ****kowski to ever start for us at um.

I think he meant to validate him as a recruit.
I wish they would make a run at Fields.

I understand. I'm just saying from our perspective it's irrelevant. He just is what he is. Either way Perry or Weldon will hold down the fort for the next 4-5 years than tai will be coming in for 2020... wait till you see tai as a finished product.

Are we on that kid?

The highlight thing posted is nowhere near accurate though. He's got 17 offers right now from quite a few majors. He's almost 6'5 226ohio state & sc are obsessed with him & he pays them no mind... He's all about us & once he gets an offer it's a rap.
Is he a 2019 or 2020 kid? Because you know mark richt nephew is a 5 star qb in the 2020 class right?

USC 247 reporting any rumors of Corral going back to USC are false and completely false and made up by Corral. Also, Georgia and Bama both won't take him for same reasons as Dee mentioned.

This kid is going to end up at Florida by default. Mac has proven he will literally take anyone with a high recruiting ranking. It's going to be great though when he turns into Kevin Olson 2.0 there.

Also, hi to all our Gatorbait friends out there. Didn't realize until today how they obsess over this website continuously

Not really. As another recruit pointed out the reality is none of us expect ****kowski to ever start for us at um.

Are we on that kid?

The highlight thing posted is nowhere near accurate though. He's got 17 offers right now from quite a few majors. He's almost 6'5 226ohio state & sc are obsessed with him & he pays them no mind... He's all about us & once he gets an offer it's a rap.

What about Richt's '20 QB nephew, will we take two QBs?

Advertisement
For those that care Matt corral is attempting to commit to us. It's not reciprocated at all. As the staff has not even contacted him. Since were not gonna take him (even though he's 10x better than artur) he's gonna end up signing with Georgia or Alabama (who's also trying to steal cade away from a&m)gotta love recruiting. By the way two big commits coming next week...

He has got a gun on him and threw it 77 yards winning at the Nike long ball challenge last week.

Like some are saying, addiction problems will take it all away unless he can get it under control which is an uphill fight every day.

When Butch came back to take over the head coaching job he said he didn't want "high maintenance" kids. Well, this kid looks like super high maintenance. Look, we just lost some DT depth for the coming season with the absence of one kid that has had a history of "issues." Not saying Willis is anything like this, or substance issues, or whatever. I haven't seen anything public yet about why he's out for 2017. Corral is probably a 100X more risky. What good is a talent if you can't harness it because you're always dealing with some extraneous problem? I would stay away from Corral. I don't know what the problem is with Sitkowski, I watched him throw in drills and I like his arm. At least with Artur we know we won't have to send trainers to his dorm room to drag him out of bed because he's in a stupor.

Are we on that kid?

Is he a 2019 or 2020 kid? Because you know mark richt nephew is a 5 star qb in the 2020 class right?

Don't be shocked if Richt's nephew goes to FSU. They look like a serious player for him regardless. At least I've read about it but Dee probably knows the story. I thought it was bizarre.

Last edited:
So we have a crappy spring game and our kids want to jump ****. Teams have ****ty seasons offensively/defensively and they commit in droves? Seems legit

That's the logic this moron ****kowski tried to sell to these kids. I told his father shut him up or I'm gonna fck him up. Moron isn't smart enough to realize our starter just left all our kids that went to the draft were getting prepared for the draft,seniors off the team,Walton held out,injuries on the online,only two receivers we even had with experience was brax & ahmon,none of the new class & against one of the best defenses in the country with qbs who we know will never touch the field here (on top of u don't show sht in a spring game) none of this kids mouth was necessary!

Dee don't want to get personal but did you play for the Canes? If so what position.And you still have family playing there now.Again don't mean to pry and it's cool if you don't answer.You just sound very knowledgeable about things and very connected to what's going on.

I'm new on here so I'm probably asking a question everyone knows the answer to already.

LB during the Butch era I believe.

Advertisement

Are we on that kid?

Max Johnson is Richts nephew and last time I checked he wasn't a 5 star but def a take. We offered Harrison Bailey about the exact same time as Max Johnson and Bailey seems to be the current consensus #1 QB in the 2020 class.

Are we on that kid?

Don't be shocked if Richt's nephew goes to FSU. They look like a serious player for him regardless. At least I've read about it but Dee probably knows the story. I thought it was bizarre.

Miami is a serious player too, you have to remember yeah his dad played there but his moms brother is mark richt. Can't see a kid who would pass up coming to play under his uncle and cousin. On top of that brad Johnson is close to mark richt too

Last edited:

Are we on that kid?

Max Johnson is Richts nephew and last time I checked he wasn't a 5 star but def a take. We offered Harrison Bailey about the exact same time as Max Johnson and Bailey seems to be the current consensus #1 QB in the 2020 class.
I was reading that some people think he debuts as a 5 star. This is from the lsu camp last month. It's noteworthy he was named the best qb there by far in another article and this is a camp carter Bradley attend who's has gained some hype from his elite 11 performance this offseason.
From lsu 247
Jun 24, 10:12 AM via Mobile Premium Post
And he looks very sharp throwing for Canada early on. He's a lefty and has some real zip on every throw. Crazy that he just finished his freshman year. Lots of people think he debuts as a five-star out of Georgia.
His dad (former NFL QB Brad Johnson) is also here with him.

Advertisement
Are we on that kid?

I was reading that some people think he debuts as a 5 star. This is from the lsu camp last month. It's noteworthy he was named the best qb there by far in another article and this is a camp carter Bradley attend who's has gained some hype from his elite 11 performance this offseason.
From lsu 247
Jun 24, 10:12 AM via Mobile Premium Post
And he looks very sharp throwing for Canada early on. He's a lefty and has some real zip on every throw. Crazy that he just finished his freshman year. Lots of people think he debuts as a five-star out of Georgia.
His dad (former NFL QB Brad Johnson) is also here with him.

Awesome. Good to know that we have plenty of highly touted QB options in the coming years.

Brooklyn, what's your opinion of Weldon? Will he continue to grow into someone who could push and compete with Perry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. I wouldn't be surprised in the long run if Weldon ends up better than Perry. He's still in the race by the way.
People gave up on Weldon after a rough spring, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him look much more comfortable and impressive when fall practice rolls around. People underestimate just how tough it is for most HS QBs to walk in and feel comfortable leading a marquee college program in a few weeks.

Agreed. I have questioned people on this board about the last time a--true--freshman quarterback has led their team to an incredible season. No one ever has an answer. I realize people think Perry is the next coming of God, which is fine, but expectations seem to be a little too high for him. The best thing that can happen in a situation like this is that Weldon, and the other quarterbacks on the roster, play their best so that Perry is pushed, through competition, to be become a better player each and every week. I've said it before and I'll say it again: competition breeds success. Above anything else, the quarterback position needs competition, so I hope Weldon can provide that.

Well since know one has never answered I'll give you one (in a sec) it's important to remember for us in all honesty option 1a & 1b are both true freshman. Cause I'm sorry but if Malik or sheriffs are gave this job just to play it safe well go 8-4 9-3 10-2 cause with this schedule it's impossible to do worse with our defense. But come competitive games & the bowl were gonna get laughed out of the stadium. So much of this recruiting headache were going through now is literally because these kids saw our spring game with sheriffs & rosier & came away saying I don't know if well make enough of a difference basically... understood we had ALOT out for that spring game but these 2 as a starter equals no bueno. I know I took awhile to answer but last true freshman to REALLY make a difference was jameel Holloway at OU. Won the championship as a true in the 82 season I believe it was.

Appreciate the response, Dee. I agree that if Perry and Weldon are our best options, then we should roll with them. I just don't think people should overhype a guy like Perry because it is incredibly hard for a true freshman to lead a team to a great season. He's going to make Frosh mistakes, especially in big games, so people need to come to terms with that. However, if him and Weldon are the best chance we got at a positive future, then we have to go all in on them. If Perry has a great season, and recruits see what he brings to the table, I think we maintain and improve upon this class.

2018 commits?

Advertisement

Are we on that kid?

Posted from previous 2019 thread:

Not sure if he grew 2 inches and 30lbs in 3 months but he seems to be an athletic QB and is already bigger than Perry.

Taisun Phommachanh ( 247 | ESPN | Rivals | Scout | hudl)
[PLAYER]1027[/PLAYER]
attachment.php

Looks like he is trying to get open for next year.... participated in 3 Openings this year.

Sitkowski, Artur QB 6-5 215 40: 4.97 SH: 4.46 PB: 36.5 VJ: 26.8 SPARQ: 76.73
Phommachanh, Taisun QB 6-3 196 40: 4.97 SH: 4.69 PB: 35.0 VJ: 28.2 SPARQ: 65.79 (4/30/17 NJ)
Phommachanh, Taisun QB 6-3 194 40: 4.89 SH: 4.47 PB: 37.0 VJ: 28.6 SPARQ: 77.79 (4/23/17 DC)
Phommachanh, Taisun QB 6-3 192 40: 4.94 SH: 4.7 PB: 31 VJ: 26.7 SPARQ: 56.58 (2/26/27 Miami)

Not as big as Sit but has a better PB and VJ and faster 40 already. he may grow to be 6'4"-6'5" and should come into college around 215 in 2 years. Surprised that he doesn't have a higher VJ since he plays BBall as well but a good athlete for a QB.

Last edited:

Are we on that kid?

Not sure if he grew 2 inches and 30lbs in 3 months but he seems to be an athletic QB and is already bigger than Perry.

[PLAYER]1027[/PLAYER]
attachment.php

Looks like he is trying to get open for next year.... participated in 3 Openings this year.

Phommachanh, Taisun QB 6-3 196 40: 4.97 SH: 4.69 PB: 35.0 VJ: 28.2 SPARQ: 65.79 (4/30/17 NJ)
Phommachanh, Taisun QB 6-3 194 40: 4.89 SH: 4.47 PB: 37.0 VJ: 28.6 SPARQ: 77.79 (4/23/17 DC)
Phommachanh, Taisun QB 6-3 192 40: 4.94 SH: 4.7 PB: 31 VJ: 26.7 SPARQ: 56.58 (2/26/27 Miami)

Not as big as Sit but has a better PB and VJ and faster 40 already. he may grow to be 6'4"-6'5" and should come into college around 215 in 2 years. Surprised that he doesn't have a higher VJ since he plays BBall as well but a good athlete for a QB.

Sitkowski ran the same 40 time as joe Milton ran which was around a 4.8 at 6'6 2.15

Are we on that kid?

[PLAYER]1027[/PLAYER]
attachment.php

Sitkowski ran the same 40 time as joe Milton ran which was around a 4.8 at 6'6 2.15

I'm sure Tai's numbers will be much better next year and would be very surprised if he does not get an invite to the Opening next year.

Are we on that kid?

[PLAYER]1027[/PLAYER]
attachment.php

Sitkowski has some wheels for such an big guy.

Advertisement
Back