Matocha Commits

Advertisement
Correction, they didnt have a qb committed but they did recruit a qb that they wanted in mjj. Doesnt mean it was that big of a deal, and who's to say had coach richt stayed he wouldnt have gotten one. At the same time there was really no pressing need to get a qb when you got 3 guys in perry, weldon and jarren who were going to battle it out to be the starter and than hit on qb recruits in 2020. Coach richt's style of recruiting was only being scrutinized because of all the so called keyboard recruiting experts, the qb's on this roster of jarren, perry & weldon was definitely an upgrade over the rosier, i shot the sheriff and jack allison tandem.

Im not worried about star rankings, this staff took who they could, they have a different recruiting philosophy, doesnt mean coach richt would've been in dire straits had he not gotten a qb commit this year. If you're a headcoach and at anytime you got 3qb's on your roster that can be the potential starter going into spring ball 2 going into their 3rd year in your offensive system and 1 going into his 2nd year in the system, that's a solid position to be in. Plus alot of the so called top recruits dont want to come in to a situation like that unless they are True competitors, which is why i like this Matocha guy already. I never cared for mjj's mentality myself. Even tho he got a new qb commit, im sure coach enos would prefer to have to rely on the 3 veteran qb's if he can.

Wow I’m just going to marvel at this sentence

“e same time there was really no pressing need to get a qb when you got 3 guys in perry, weldon and jarren”

Thank you

“e same time there was really no pressing need to get a qb when you got 3 guys in perry, weldon and jarren”

Thank you
He’s right in a way. Three guys. Great. Richt was satisfied he had three guys.

Enos is looking for more than that. Not just more than three. More than just guys.

Championship teams are led by winners.

Thank you

You should, cause i dont recall you being an analytical ex p ert on the qb room when we had brad kaaya, rosier, allison and i shot the sheriff, i take it you were comfortable with that group!

Advertisement
Nice try. If it is all about "his recruitment" why you say maybe the kid is late bloomer? Doesn't this imply kid isn't good?
305to954 said:
"Brad kaaya recruitment 2.0..maybe the kid is a late bloomer
No late bloomer refers to his Development in HS..not every kid matured as quick as a Trevor Lawrence in HS..this kid, like kaaya didn’t take off until his last couple of years in HS. His SR year was his only big year and I think he’s only year as the full time starter. I’m not saying he won’t be good

You should, cause i dont recall you being an analytical ex p ert on the qb room when we had brad kaaya, rosier, allison and i shot the sheriff, i take it you were comfortable with that group!

I was a lot more confortable with that group than what we had coming back this year.

Advertisement
kaaya, rosier, allison

perry, weldon and jarren

You telling me you trust the second group more than the first?

Dont forget evans sheriff in that first group. Besides kaaya, the latter 3 have way more potential than that 1st group.

Here's what important about this commit:

Enos has had a love affair w this kid since he was at Arkansas. This is the guy he sees running his offense in a few seasons and the guy he prioritized.

One of the most important commits so far.
Why do we continue to see what we want to see? I'm glad we got a QB for this cycle ... but I am honest enough to say this kid is a project.

Advertisement
Why do we continue to see what we want to see? I'm glad we got a QB for this cycle ... but I am honest enough to say this kid is a project.
So was Lamar Jackson.

I didn't say this kid was a baller. Didn't make a single observation about his talent. That makes him important.

All I said was it speaks volumes that this is a kid Enos has been on and wants.

He has 2 or 3 years it’s okay to take projects qbs if you have a real qb coach . You see what he did to hurts in one year ? Imo hurts looked so much better and should have started in the playoffs

Advertisement
Unfortunately for you Kaaya is part of that group.
The group YOU brought up.
But carry on.

So since you want to compare, kaaya never got a victory over Fsu although i cant blame him, but perry and rosier did, so its 1 and 1 in that dept., allison & Sheriff combined are worst than rosier. The jury is still out on perry, "cocade" & jarren.

Advertisement
Back