Massive NY Times investigation on Winston rape just hit

This case is no different from the one that wiped out wins and resulted in four years of bowl bans at PSU. It's not about whether Jameis is guilty; it's about the school not fulfilling it's title IX obligations and thus breaking federal law in an effort to win football games. It's the exact same precedent that Emmert slammed PSU for.

Not really, the school tried to cover up the Penn state situation, this one was all law enforcement. Te school acted, the police didn't.

The school acted about a year later than what the law requires.

You are incorrect.

They interviewed Winston immediately: he plead the "5th"

Nobody outside of the "rape counseling" office is allowed to talk to the girl of she refuses to press charges.

Casher and Darby were interviewed "a year later" because that's when FSU first heard about their involvement.

The girl also too e police Casher wasn't in the cab or apartment.

Winston lawyred up, and the girl probably didn't want an investigation.

The truth will come out eventually.

If FSU was just going to "cover it up" why wait a year and get the Feds curious?

That Isnt very good conspiracy planning.

Jesus Christ you Noles really are mentally deficient. The police contacted him, but the school didn't investigate for over a year, and only after it became a national news story.

This is the exact message of the article, and of course it went completely over your head.

Advertisement
This case is no different from the one that wiped out wins and resulted in four years of bowl bans at PSU. It's not about whether Jameis is guilty; it's about the school not fulfilling it's title IX obligations and thus breaking federal law in an effort to win football games. It's the exact same precedent that Emmert slammed PSU for.

Not really, the school tried to cover up the Penn state situation, this one was all law enforcement. Te school acted, the police didn't.

You are incorrect.

Nobody outside of the "rape counseling" office is allowed to talk to the girl of she refuses to press charges.

Casher and Darby were interviewed "a year later" because that's when FSU first heard about their involvement.

If FSU was just going to "cover it up" why wait a year and get the Feds curious?

1.png

The one thing that keeps popping up in my mind is if he did nothing wrong why did he get an attorney so fast and why won't he talk? I would think everyone associated with him would want to clear his name? It's not like it's just going to go away especially with the renewed emphasis the NFL has on personal conduct.

Preach on.... I said the same thing. If you did nothing wrong and you know you did nothing wrong then you would answer questions. Unless that is......

To "plead the Fifth" is to refuse to answer any question because "the implications of the question, in the setting in which it is asked" lead a claimant to possess a "reasonable cause to apprehend danger from a direct answer", believing that "a responsive answer to the question or an explanation of why it cannot be answered might be dangerous because injurious disclosure could result

This is so false I can't even stand it.

Whether you did anything wrong or not, it is always in your best interest to get a lawyer before talking to the police. It doesn't matter if you committed a crime or not.

All that matters is if someone feels they can prove guilt better than you can prove innocence. Anything you say can and will be used against you isn't an empty threat. Even if I was innocent, i'm consulting a lawyer before I utter a word to the police. They're trying to figure out how to prove the guy they have their sights on is guilty, and often get tunnel vision on trying to prove their suspect did it while ignoring clues that might point to the suspects innocence.

And not defending Jameis, but you can only plead the 5th during a trial, so he did not invoke his 5th amendment right by not cooperating with police. What he did do was maintain his Miranda right to remain silent. If he hadn't been Mirandized then he also didn't have to speak to the police. Just wanted to add that bit of clarification since the Semenhole threw in some garbage about Jameis pleading the 5th

The one thing that keeps popping up in my mind is if he did nothing wrong why did he get an attorney so fast and why won't he talk? I would think everyone associated with him would want to clear his name? It's not like it's just going to go away especially with the renewed emphasis the NFL has on personal conduct.

Preach on.... I said the same thing. If you did nothing wrong and you know you did nothing wrong then you would answer questions. Unless that is......

To "plead the Fifth" is to refuse to answer any question because "the implications of the question, in the setting in which it is asked" lead a claimant to possess a "reasonable cause to apprehend danger from a direct answer", believing that "a responsive answer to the question or an explanation of why it cannot be answered might be dangerous because injurious disclosure could result

Whether you did anything wrong or not, it is always in your best interest to get a lawyer before talking to the police. It doesn't matter if you committed a crime or not.

All that matters is if someone feels they can prove guilt better than you can prove innocence. Anything you say can and will be used against you isn't an empty threat. Even if I was innocent, i'm consulting a lawyer before I utter a word to the police. They're trying to figure out how to prove the guy they have their sights on is guilty, and often get tunnel vision on trying to prove their suspect did it while ignoring clues that might point to the suspects innocence.

Ok, and he continues to stay silent why...

Advertisement
The reason why Winston didn't say a word when being "questioned" by FSU is he has an absolutely massive civil trial waiting for him and I'm sure the victim's lawyer would use anything and everything he says about the rape in that trial.

The whole thing is a sham anyhow, they let Cashner delete video of the rape willingly and gave him a slap on the wrist for it.

Because it is his right and in his best interest whether innocent or guilty

You are incorrect.

You can't seriously believe that there wasn't some sort of covering up going on there can you? Be it the Tally PD, university etc. The dismissal of the investigator will be just the beginning IMO. I'm also not saying Winston did rape her, but there does seem to be some chinks in his armor i.e. the window breaking, the other female...I have a feeling the spotlight is going to shine very bright on FSU and Tally this summer.

TPD yes. Of course.

Cop sounds shady, but keep in mind he was also the cop that arrested Nigel Carr a few years ago when he was a projected starter, TPD arrested Starter Greg Dent for rape last year, they arrested Wilder and others for suspended license. The same people that arrested Preston Parker for DUI.

FSU? Cover up? not really. At least regarding Title 9. If they could cover it up "quietly" why wait a year? That's asking for trouble.

The BB gun thing involved about two dozen players, not specifically Winston "freshman versus seniors" type thing at the off campus player dorms.

All athletic apartments at big schools protect players, that isn't some shocking revelation.

The other female said it was consensual. Winston treating ***** like ***** isn't really that big of a deal. welcome to college.

You are incorrect.

Nole you should have started this Fairy Tale with "Once upon a time in land far far away". FSU turned the case over to the Tally Police that violates Federal Law in Title IX. That bar had over 30 Cameras and she told police hours after the event that she thought they were FSU football players and students since they used the student card to get a discount for the Taxi. How long does it take to get those Video tapes from that bar and pick out the FSU football players? Maybe 3 hours at the worst.

Then after she spots Jamis Winston on campus and tells the police his name there is two weeks before the Tally Detective calls Wintson asking to speak to him and won't pull him out of baseball practice. Really she ID'e her rapist and the police didn't want to interrupt his practice? What other Police Investigation does that every happen that a players practice is more important than a rape investigation. That gave Winston the time to call a lawyer and for them to destroy the video shot on the phone of the sexual event and get rid of the phone. By then the bar and taped over all their video tapes that would have showed Winston and the other players on all those videos at the bar.

Only a liar would pretend their wasn't a cover up by the Tally Police Detective that works for the FSU Booster Cub.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And not defending Jameis, but you can only plead the 5th during a trial, so he did not invoke his 5th amendment right by not cooperating with police. What he did do was maintain his Miranda right to remain silent. If he hadn't been Mirandized then he also didn't have to speak to the police. Just wanted to add that bit of clarification since the Semenhole threw in some garbage about Jameis pleading the 5th

He was never placed in custody so therefor his Miranda rights do not come into play. He plead the 5th when FSU admin wanted to question him. That's why I put the what the 5th means in my post earlier.

I agree with you though. I would never go answer any questions without a lawyer present. However, I am someone that would want to make sure my name was clear if I know I did absolutely nothing wrong.

Last edited:
TPD yes. Of course.

Cop sounds shady, but keep in mind he was also the cop that arrested Nigel Carr a few years ago when he was a projected starter, TPD arrested Starter Greg Dent for rape last year, they arrested Wilder and others for suspended license. The same people that arrested Preston Parker for DUI.

FSU? Cover up? not really. At least regarding Title 9. If they could cover it up "quietly" why wait a year? That's asking for trouble.

The BB gun thing involved about two dozen players, not specifically Winston "freshman versus seniors" type thing at the off campus player dorms.

All athletic apartments at big schools protect players, that isn't some shocking revelation.

The other female said it was consensual. Winston treating ***** like ***** isn't really that big of a deal. welcome to college.

FSU logic ladies and gentlemen.

Raping a "****" is still rape you ******* mongoloid.

He plead the 5th when FSU admin wanted to question him.

Did you even read what I posted?

Because it is his right and in his best interest whether innocent or guilty

You said it right there....

Advertisement

He plead the 5th when FSU admin wanted to question him.

Did you even read what I posted?

Easy Jameis.... I went back and reread what you wrote and changed my response....By the way when getting questioned by FSU admin that's not a trial

You are incorrect.

Jesus Christ you Noles really are mentally deficient. The police contacted him, but the school didn't investigate for over a year, and only after it became a national news story.

This is the exact message of the article, and of course it went completely over your head.

Again silly.

Try and keep up...

They interviewed Winston in January.

They didnt interview Casher or Darby until a year later because they didnt know about their presence.

This isn't that hard to understand.

The girl told police Casher wasn't at the apartment. Winston "plead the 5th" Darby was never mentioned in any police report. The girl initially didnt want to press charge.

If the girl told the rape counselor she didnt want to press charges, FSU would be breaking the law by interviewing her. Only the rape counselor can talk to her and it is confidential.

You saying they didnt investigate Winston or the girl until a year later isn't true.

So try and keep up.

speculation and confirmation bias on your part isn't going to change facts.

You are incorrect.

Again silly.

Try and keep up...

They didnt interview Casher or Darby until a year later because they didnt know about their presence.

The girl told police Casher wasn't at the apartment. Winston "plead the 5th" Darby was never mentioned in any police report. The girl initially didnt want to press charge.

If the girl told the rape counselor she didnt want to press charges, FSU would be breaking the law by interviewing her. Only the rape counselor can talk to her and it is confidential.

You saying they didnt investigate Winston or the girl until a year later isn't true.

So try and keep up.

Way to defend rape......sicko.

Advertisement

You are incorrect.

Again silly.

Try and keep up...

So try and keep up.

Facts:

1. Football player accused of sexual assault
2. Investigated by detective whom is a FSU alum and provides security to boosters at games tells girl " Your life could be made a living ****"
3. Case brought out in open. DA (fsu alum) takes over investigation
4. Case expedited because QB is in line for Heisman and team is in line for potential Nat Champ Game
5. 2 roommates provide same statement to DA with help of QB's attorney. Video of incident suddenly gone
6. Press conference where everyone laughs and says " Not enough evidence"
7. All of Tally cheers.
8. QB wins Heisman and Noles win title
9. FSU admin decides, " yeah let ask them a few questions."
10. Qb says I plead the 5th. FSU admin shrugs shoulders and says, "we tried"

223.jpg

Check out this political cartoon that this guy who works a Newspaper in Pensacola made. This stuff is not setting well with the general public at all.

Advertisement
Back