Off-Topic Mass killings

You made a blanket statement about Tucker making ridiculous statements with no proof
Fox lawyers made a clear statement about him. As much as you want to laugh about it, dragging your "#1 guy on cable" into the mud by saying that every single one of his points should be expressed with reasonable amounts of skeptism is not a common strategy to prevent your network from a damage payment.

There was also a time where he said a black person from the upper-middle-class cant experience racism:

Or the time he spoke about the metric system:

Go ahead and share what makes Tucker #1
I did. He makes headlines by saying outlandish and ridiculous things, overdramatizing them in order to make people watch and click the network. He is a money machine for Fox.

It is funny that you are calling me a prick, when your posts show your true colors on the daily.
Well, again, I have differing points from you and that makes me a prick. Alright.

Not that I have a problem with being a prick, I am one, but its not that. Sorry.

And I only started listening periodically for less than a year now. But most of the time his monologue is good and informative
Well, no.

Advertisement
Fox lawyers made a clear statement about him. As much as you want to laugh about it, dragging your "#1 guy on cable" into the mud by saying that every single one of his points should be expressed with reasonable amounts of skeptism is not a common strategy to prevent your network from a damage payment.

There was also a time where he said a black person from the upper-middle-class cant experience racism:

Or the time he spoke about the metric system:

I did. He makes headlines by saying outlandish and ridiculous things, overdramatizing them in order to make people watch and click the network. He is a money machine for Fox.

Well, again, I have differing points from you and that makes me a prick. Alright.

Not that I have a problem with being a prick, I am one, but its not that. Sorry.

Well, no.

Your 2nd link didn't work. The first link, I agree that he shouldn't have implied that he didn't experience racism. But that wasn't the point of his dialogue of course. He was talking about how Cory Booker didn't grow up poor and why is he using "privilege" or being a victim in his rhetoric ... when he himself grew up in a privileged family. It's a good point. Maybe leave off the racism comment as I didn't hear him tie that to anything in particular (unless it was not included in that clip).

But let's get this clear... I didn't call you a prick, you called me one. You can try to turn it around, but my comment about you showing your "true colors" is that anytime anyone says anything you don't agree with... you get all defensive and lash out and cause multiple people to go at you. You, of course, are welcome to say the same thing about me. I will always defend my thoughts and perspective. I will also come out and say when I'm wrong too, as we all aren't perfect.

Again, have whatever opinions you want about Tucker. It's all good with me. He's not my fav to watch on Fox, so doesn't hurt my feelings. He does make good points to those with open minds and sometimes may make "outlandish" statements, but it's few and far between from whatever google search provides you.

Have a good day bro. I'm all good with you and I really don't think you are a prick... just that you sometimes get worked up... which we all do to a degree.

But hook me up with another link to the metric system video! I'm curious now to hear what he said about the metric system!

But hook me up with another link to the metric system video! I'm curious now to hear what he said about the metric system
I saw that you cant play it on here but you can play it on YouTube. Is there no button to click on? Just type in Tucker Carlson metric system instead.

I saw that you cant play it on here but you can play it on YouTube. Is there no button to click on? Just type in Tucker Carlson metric system instead.
LOL... that was pretty funny. I don't get why he does those types of segments, but he is a quirky guy for sure (in that I think he does it more for himself, than to get viewership). One time he had this guy on that was starting a satanic club at a school. I was like... WTF! Like I said, he has some weird segments every once in a while... usually they are towards the end of the show which I usually don't catch the 2nd half!

You are welcome to your opinion. However, to equate all D's to the CCP is totally ridiculous IMO. If you believe those who have differing opinions on issues than you are evil and are akin to a brutal, totalitarian government, there is no way to find common ground.

In reality, you are endorsing the same kind of authoritarian style government of the CCP, just one that follows the policies that you promote.

Well to be fair, you have a poster on here that you agree with on a regular basis that spouts off that all Republicans are white supremacist's and woman haters.....

Advertisement
:LOL: who knows maybe that works! I'm not trying it. Tucker covers a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me (like UFOs or UAPs or whatever they call them). But he brings up good subjects and does he and his team does their homework (unlike most on MSM that just parrot whatever liberal talking points of the day/week/month). If there is a liberal journalist that actually does investigative journalism, let me know... I'll check em out.

He's not #1 in cable news for no reason. But go ahead and believe he has no credibility. On the other hand Joy Reid and Don Lemon are trusted journalists right?!? LMFAO!
**** no. I don't base opinions based on them either.

If you think being #1 on a talking head show is a measure of his veracity or journalistic integrity, you are letting me down ithacane. Controversial takes bring eyeballs to the set. Turning most everything into a conspiracy theory - be it the "great replacement" or tanned balls brings in eyeballs, but it's often, not true. Keep the tin foil going though. It's good for my Alcoa stock :LOL:

Advertisement
If Tucker has become a "money machine" for Fox by saying quirky/ridiculous things, where does Fox draw the line? Can we expect to see Alex Jones (who is at least twice as outrageous as TC) the next time a vacancy in the prime time lineup occurs?

I can understand why Chris Wallace left, and Bret Baier has to grit his teeth so much. Hannity seems "moderate" now.

Who is that? Have I ever agreed that all R's are white supremacists and woman haters?
I am simply pointing out that there is someone else on here, I will leave him unnamed, that stereotypes everyone fully that is outside of his belief system and he is typically one that you agree with and match views quite a lot.
And clearly I would hope you would never see all Rs that way, as I would hope you actually have a brain AND use it!! lol

**** no. I don't base opinions based on them either.

If you think being #1 on a talking head show is a measure of his veracity or journalistic integrity, you are letting me down ithacane. Controversial takes bring eyeballs to the set. Turning most everything into a conspiracy theory - be it the "great replacement" or tanned balls brings in eyeballs, but it's often, not true. Keep the tin foil going though. It's good for my Alcoa stock :LOL:
The "great replacement" that people like to bring up about Tucker was him talking about a liberal talking point of the "great replacement". Like when Joe Biden said when he was in congress that white people would become the minority.

Watch the entirety in this link (which includes examples of Dems talking about "replacement" or demographics of the election) ...

Also, Fox is the #1 cable news channel ... but I guess that's cause Fox is just controversial right? Unlike CNN, MSNBC that suppresses stories like the Hunter laptop story and that the covid vax didn't stop you from getting covid. Nah, I'll go with Fox is correct more often and has more integrity than CNN/MSNBC. But you can believe whatever you want and still trust their "misinformation" they spew on the daily.

No tin foil hat here... just facts my brotha

If Tucker has become a "money machine" for Fox by saying quirky/ridiculous things, where does Fox draw the line? Can we expect to see Alex Jones (who is at least twice as outrageous as TC) the next time a vacancy in the prime time lineup occurs?

I can understand why Chris Wallace left, and Bret Baier has to grit his teeth so much. Hannity seems "moderate" now.
I'm not even sure where to start here. You are talking about Tucker saying outrageous things (which of course is just an opinion). But you could say that about people like Joy Reid on left leaning TV. But saying that Alex Jones would get a job on cable news is pretty hilarious

The channels are going to put on who gives them ratings... Tucker is #1. Now why Joy Reid is still on air, I can't figure out. Cause her ratings are one of the worst on cable news

Advertisement
I'm not even sure where to start here. You are talking about Tucker saying outrageous things (which of course is just an opinion). But you could say that about people like Joy Reid on left leaning TV. But saying that Alex Jones would get a job on cable news is pretty hilarious

The channels are going to put on who gives them ratings... Tucker is #1. Now why Joy Reid is still on air, I can't figure out. Cause her ratings are one of the worst on cable news
I don't care for Joy Reid or anyone else on MSNBC, except for Nicolle Wallace. I'm a fan of hers. Have been since she was Sarah Palin's handler in 2008 for McCain. As for CNN, can't think of one show I watch.

Fox "topics" at night (especially from Tucker) tend to be a mix of GOP orthodoxy and more sensational outlandish stories, designed to grab the viewer. The MSNBC/CNN hosts just mostly stick to their Liberal dogma and, I guess, try to "educate" their audience.

When Alex Jones (or a clone) gets a show on Fox, I'll make sure to remind you of your thoughts today. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how Trump is treated on Fox if he's a 2024 candidate. The Murdoch's are openly anti-Trump as far as him running again. They've called him unfit for office. Pretty strong stuff! Will the hosts on Fox toe that line?

I don't care for Joy Reid or anyone else on MSNBC, except for Nicolle Wallace. I'm a fan of hers. Have been since she was Sarah Palin's handler in 2008 for McCain. As for CNN, can't think of one show I watch.

Fox "topics" at night (especially from Tucker) tend to be a mix of GOP orthodoxy and more sensational outlandish stories, designed to grab the viewer. The MSNBC/CNN hosts just mostly stick to their Liberal dogma and, I guess, try to "educate" their audience.

When Alex Jones (or a clone) gets a show on Fox, I'll make sure to remind you of your thoughts today. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how Trump is treated on Fox if he's a 2024 candidate. The Murdoch's are openly anti-Trump as far as him running again. They've called him unfit for office. Pretty strong stuff! Will the hosts on Fox toe that line?
Nicolle Wallace, honestly I don't watch... but she used to be conservative and is now mostly liberal, right? I don't mind her too much... I know Fox has stolen some comments she said, which some were bad takes (IMO). I'd definitely be interested in watching some of her clips if she has any good investigative stories.

Sarah Palin is weird to me. She's a big Trump supporter now. But I can't stand listening to her talk! She has that Canadian/Minnesotan accent and the way she says stuff just annoys me. Apologies to anyone in Canada or Minnesota... but she takes that accent to a new level.

Yeah, I'll take a big L if Alex Jones gets a show on Fox News. I can't see that happens unless Fox goes crazy right ... like if there's a Trump equivalent on the left that becomes president in the future!

Trump brings in HUGE ratings for every news outlet (which is why CNN & MSNBC and all the late night talk shows tanked once he was gone), so I think Fox mostly treats him fine and welcomes him back. I really think CNN & MSNBC secretly want him to be back running again too (maybe not winning of course... but financially they would do well).

Nicolle Wallace, honestly I don't watch... but she used to be conservative and is now mostly liberal, right? I don't mind her too much... I know Fox has stolen some comments she said, which some were bad takes (IMO). I'd definitely be interested in watching some of her clips if she has any good investigative stories.

Sarah Palin is weird to me. She's a big Trump supporter now. But I can't stand listening to her talk! She has that Canadian/Minnesotan accent and the way she says stuff just annoys me. Apologies to anyone in Canada or Minnesota... but she takes that accent to a new level.

Yeah, I'll take a big L if Alex Jones gets a show on Fox News. I can't see that happens unless Fox goes crazy right ... like if there's a Trump equivalent on the left that becomes president in the future!

Trump brings in HUGE ratings for every news outlet (which is why CNN & MSNBC and all the late night talk shows tanked once he was gone), so I think Fox mostly treats him fine and welcomes him back. I really think CNN & MSNBC secretly want him to be back running again too (maybe not winning of course... but financially they would do well).
As an Ind, I watch all channels. none exclusively.

You wouldn't like Nicolle Wallace. Likely way too liberal now for you I suspect. Nicolle is just a whole lot smarter than the other MSNBC hosts.

Could Palin have an Alaskan accent? That was my supposition. She's lived there since she was a few months old.

And, the polar opposite opinions of Trump, with the Murdochs now saying he's unfit to be President and his pal Fox "hosts" still acting pro-Donald, will be interesting to watch.

Advertisement
As an Ind, I watch all channels. none exclusively.

You wouldn't like Nicolle Wallace. Likely way too liberal now for you I suspect. Nicolle is just a whole lot smarter than the other MSNBC hosts.

Could Palin have an Alaskan accent? That was my supposition. She's lived there since she was a few months old.

And, the polar opposite opinions of Trump, with the Murdochs now saying he's unfit to be President and his pal Fox "hosts" still acting pro-Donald, will be interesting to watch.
Tru… yeah when I said Canadian accent about Palin… that is along the same lines (similar to parts of Minnesota).

We’ll see about Fox… but money talks… so I’m guessing they’ll pretend that never happened

Tru… yeah when I said Canadian accent about Palin… that is along the same lines (similar to parts of Minnesota).

We’ll see about Fox… but money talks… so I’m guessing they’ll pretend that never happened
Seems clear the Murdoch's will get behind someone like DeSantis. Their NY Post runs articles regularly these days putting Trump down. They own Fox News and Roger Ailes is dead so ... my money would be on them.

Speaking of 2024, I wonder if DeSantis (or pick your candidate going up against Trump) edges Donald out in a primary, will Trump claim foul, i.e., another "stolen" election?

Seems clear the Murdoch's will get behind someone like DeSantis. Their NY Post runs articles regularly these days putting Trump down. They own Fox News and Roger Ailes is dead so ... my money would be on them.

Speaking of 2024, I wonder if DeSantis (or pick your candidate going up against Trump) edges Donald out in a primary, will Trump claim foul, i.e., another "stolen" election?
A lot of ways 2024 can go at this point on both sides of the aisle.

If trump loses close in the primary I could see it going either way depending on if there was reporting of any types of shenanigans (since even in 2020 there were reports of things going on with the mail in ballots… not sure if verified… but mass mail in ballots was a very bad thing for our national election). But I don’t think your hypothetical is likely

The powers would never give Alex Jones a platform... how many of his crazy predictions have come to pass lately!

Advertisement
Back