Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
A well regulated militia is absolutely unnecessary today in the USA. By the way, what well regulated militias have the most recent shooters been a part of?
Reprint from my post in Roe...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Perfectly clear the way it is written.

The root unit for presentation of forces of all militia [then and today] is the armed individual. The militia portion has no bearing on meaning of 2A and is used as an argument by those that want to curtail/eliminate the right.

A well regulated militia is absolutely unnecessary today in the USA. By the way, what well regulated militias have the most recent shooters been a part of?

are you saying you should not be able to defend your house, your property, yourself, or your family from an armed intruder intent on harm? Come on now imurcane, use some common sense!

All things being equal, do you actually think your 9 mm and AR15 are going to stop an army? Even if you get the other men from your church softball league you still fall short.

There are only a few million active members of the US military. You believe 200+ million armed citizens stand no chance. OK

Advertisement
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Not a **** thing. A well regulated militia= Group meetings on Thursday night on Reddit on the importance of second amendment..or a wed softball club

Tbh most dictatorships are started with support by the majority of the populous..are there any examples in the last 100 years of one forming otherwise?..**** even back to **** Germany. The ppl decide. But it usually starts with economic/social struggles that comes with a rise of a political faction that promises to solve the issues..then democratic processes erode from there..so at the end of the day it’s not about **** guns..at least that’s what history suggests
I am a practicing lawyer but my educational background is history and political science.

This paragraph is so beyond incorrect, you should retract it in its entirety.

Advertisement
One interesting thing to note. If you read David McCullough's book 1776, he mentions that during the battle over new York, the Virginians with their rifled barrels were able to take shots at British troops whose smooth bore muskets couldn't reach far enough for them to hit anything when they'd fire back.

So in that case, the militia was better armed than the troops.
They also used those rifles to pick off British officers who were riding on horseback, a clear violation of the gentlemans rules of warfare lol

I am a practicing lawyer but my educational background is history and political science.

Democracies who fall under dictatorship are usually initially supported by the populous. Now ofc you can’t site militarily coups in South America and Africa also. Democratic processes are the first erode after. In case of the United States, the people in this country who fear this point to outside influencers or big government..nah. It’s when the people lose faith in the democratic process and the institutions in place to uphold them. We see it happening in our lifetime in Russia. Saw it in Germany in the 1930s. We literally saw a attack on our democratic process through lies and misinformation in 2020..and it’s still continuing today with elected trump officials screaming voting fraud with absolutely no proof. Even tho our Legal institutions said it didn’t happen..A LOT Americans still believe in it

I would be interested in hearing what you all have to say on this one....

Advertisement
Imagine having to explain yourself in this situation.

1654279734854.png

Advertisement
I would be interested in hearing what you all have to say on this one....
Not really sure what you're looking for.

You can also read the thousands of pages historian Ian Kershaw has dedicated to the subject of **** Germany, including electoral support for the *****, as well as popular opinion as to specific policy measures.

If you want to search 20th century coups, just enter it online. There are enough in Argentina alone to make your head spin. Those dictatorships were not as a result of "democratic processes" or "majority support" of the populace.

In Europe alone, Franco came to power after a civil war. So did Mao. So was the Russian Revolution. Tito came to power after the partisans were the last men standing in then-Yugoslavia.

The Communist dictators of Eastern Europe were voted on by the Communist Party brass, not a plebiscite.

There were coups in Iran, Libya, and Syria.

There's no reason to take this any further.

We typically run ~1.3MM active duty and ~800K reserves across the total force.

I was thinking approximately ~~2 mil but active duty + reserves may have been in my head. Either way, they aren't stopping hundreds of millions of citizens at that ratio if something like that ever occurred.

Imagine having to explain yourself in this situation.

View attachment 188301
What do you mean? Are you referring to the BORTAC agents who disobeyed the incident commander and went in anyway? It would be some **** if they were disciplined for that IMO.

I was thinking approximately ~~2 mil but active duty + reserves may have been in my head. Either way, they aren't stopping hundreds of millions of citizens at that ratio if something like that ever occurred.
But they have nukes bruh.

Not really sure what you're looking for.

You can also read the thousands of pages historian Ian Kershaw has dedicated to the subject of **** Germany, including electoral support for the *****, as well as popular opinion as to specific policy measures.

If you want to search 20th century coups, just enter it online. There are enough in Argentina alone to make your head spin. Those dictatorships were not as a result of "democratic processes" or "majority support" of the populace.

In Europe alone, Franco came to power after a civil war. So did Mao. So was the Russian Revolution. Tito came to power after the partisans were the last men standing in then-Yugoslavia.

The Communist dictators of Eastern Europe were voted on by the Communist Party brass, not a plebiscite.

There were coups in Iran, Libya, and Syria.

There's no reason to take this any further.
When I take power, most of you on CIS shall have your names recorded within the protected scrolls. You will be given song books and other materials of education extolling my greatness and often observed superpowers.

You will also be issued fashionable hats, shirts, and shorts with multi-colored pom poms to wave at the near constant celebrations of my omnipotence and benevolence.

You will be better for it and our new society shall be glorious under the wise, yet firm, hand of my rule.

Oh and muppets, good luck to you.

Advertisement
Back