Off-Topic Mass killings

My guess is that they were told to stand down and wait for the tactical unit to come in. I guess someone didn’t want to risk the fvck up and….ya tu sabes.
If so that's likely not how they'd been trained - or at least supposed to have been. FEDS paid big bucks after Columbine to train LEO on active shooter situations. Directives were engage - alone if necessary - and neutralize the threat.

Advertisement
If so that's likely not how they'd been trained - or at least supposed to have been. FEDS paid big bucks after Columbine to train LEO on active shooter situations. Directives were engage - alone if necessary - and neutralize the threat.

Yeah, ball dropped somewhere. It’s been mentioned several times before about training and active shooters at schools. Columbine changed how police is trained. Not sure if this dept just didn’t get the memo or what.

He’s saying you don’t think women can raise strong males/females, which isn’t what you were saying although if you read your post quickly, you can probably infer that.
Yeah that's not quite what I'm saying. But even beyond that - letting a daughter grow up without a father might be even more of a travesty.

Advertisement
Seems like in this very thread we are discussing *checks notes* a shooting that the cops were present for and failed to intervene in.

Are they supposed to stop an in progress drive by now?
Street violence occurs less when there is an active and strong police presence so no, they can't stop an in progress drive by, but the likelihood of one happening in the first place decreases. This isn't rocket science.

The local police response here is horrific.
I do wonder if there were issues between local and federal officials at the scene. It wouldn't be the first time. I hope that an agency ****ing match didn't get in the way of a forceful and quick response.

Part of me thinks, no way would either side not enter if the other side was saying not to and trying to pull jurisdictional authority. But it's just weird that neither the locals nor the feds responded the way they should have.

No, they needed 48 hours to get their story straight. There was regular shooting the entire time (mostly directed at the door, but several kids got got during that time, not to mention the many bleeding out). The full length videos you hear regular 5.56 cracks the entire time.

Story from local sources and local Twitter feeds is that there was no clear command and a lot of debate outside school.

Border guard, who was off duty and in civ clothes, threw on his plates and grabbed his rifle and went after hearing about it.

Border guard ultimately breeched in two (!) man stack, using a balistic shield he took from the local PD. Shield took several hits (there are photos of it). Border guard took some grazing wounds, including one to the head.

Only thing that is 100% consistent in the stories is that the border guard breached and that it was a two person stack. Which is insane given the number of rifles and vest (and even SWAT) in the pictures.

This was a massive failure.
View attachment 187327
they all like to cosplay like they are badasses, but this is the only one amongst them

Advertisement
Street violence occurs less when there is an active and strong police presence so no, they can't stop an in progress drive by, but the likelihood of one happening in the first place decreases. This isn't rocket science.
What is rocket science is why cops let crimes happen, when they are present and able to intervene, I guess.
Budget renewal season? Get some more boots on the ground not intervening in crime?

and there are million factors right now that are causing black people to be poor. Its not because we stopped getting married.

The point I am making is, how wealthy your parents are is a far bigger indicator of your success than their marital status.

There are certainly more factors facing blacks, no doubt but the numbers simply do not show those factors are as large of an impact as single parent households.

The poverty rate for all Married couples in the US is 4.7%
The poverty rate for Black Married couples is 6.2%
The poverty rate for Blacks in the US is 19.5%

That means as of 2020 blacks households are about 3.15 times less likely to be in poverty when housed by a married couple.

52% of whites are married and 30% of blacks are married. White households are married 76% more than black households.

Family structure in the US is now the single largest indicator of poverty in the US. Race is another but it not even in the same ball park as being from a single parent family. There is still a lot of work ahead of us but discounting the value of the family structure isn't going to help. This was not the case 30 years ago.

No, they needed 48 hours to get their story straight. There was regular shooting the entire time (mostly directed at the door, but several kids got got during that time, not to mention the many bleeding out). The full length videos you hear regular 5.56 cracks the entire time.

Story from local sources and local Twitter feeds is that there was no clear command and a lot of debate outside school.

Border guard, who was off duty and in civ clothes, threw on his plates and grabbed his rifle and went after hearing about it.

Border guard ultimately breeched in two (!) man stack, using a balistic shield he took from the local PD. Shield took several hits (there are photos of it). Border guard took some grazing wounds, including one to the head.

Only thing that is 100% consistent in the stories is that the border guard breached and that it was a two person stack. Which is insane given the number of rifles and vest (and even SWAT) in the pictures.

View attachment 187327
If true that is a bad emmeffer . Training, equipment and experience mean nothing if you're to afraid to act.

LOL, Texas is probably top 2-3 in these types types of massacres, with the most recent school massacre before this one being Sante Fe High School in 2018. Cops in that State should be more prepared than anyone, it's not like this is a one-off event.
CA, followed by FL and TX. Coincidentally the top 3 for population too. NY is a little further down.

Advertisement
There are certainly more factors facing blacks, no doubt but the numbers simply do not show those factors are as large of an impact as single parent households.

The poverty rate for all Married couples in the US is 4.7%
The poverty rate for Black Married couples is 6.2%
The poverty rate for Blacks in the US is 19.5%

That means as of 2020 blacks households are about 3.15 times less likely to be in poverty when housed by a married couple.

52% of whites are married and 30% of blacks are married. White households are married 76% more than black households.

Family structure in the US is now the single largest indicator of poverty in the US. Race is another but it not even in the same ball park as being from a single parent family. There is still a lot of work ahead of us but discounting the value of the family structure isn't going to help. This was not the case 30 years ago.

Yes, but that doesn't mean blacks are poor because they are not getting married. It could also(and IMO the more likely reason) mean they are not getting married because they are poor. When you are poor you are way more likely to have unprotected *** and have kids early. Just look at your average poor school. You will see countless kids having babies. In the more wealthy schools, if a teen has a kid its a big deal since its so rare. That is the point I am making. Of course married blacks are going to be wealthier as a whole since they are more likely to come from wealthier backgrounds. Of course single parents are going to be poor on a whole because they come from poorer backgrounds.

You have to take it in context. Why are they single ? Is it because the father was killed before they got married? That means they are more likely to be poor since poor blacks are murdered more often than wealthy. Is it because the father was sentenced to life in prison? Poor blacks are more likely to be in prison. Is it because the Mother died in child birth? Poor people are more likely to not go to the hospital. So on and so forth.

View attachment 187327

Do you have any pictures of that shield?

Your posts suggest the women aren't capable of raising boys to be men. So I asked for a list of things you think they may be capable of.
If you're Mom is around (and I hope she is) do you send her a "thanks for nothing Mom" card on Mothers Day?
Also if you are married and have male and female offspring have you told your wife to stay the fook out of raising your son's and do you avoid any input on raising your daughters?

I currently have both a daughter and a son. I have no delusions that I could raise either of them to be the great kids they are today without my wife - she is an amazing mother and nurturer. Nor do I have any delusions that they would be fine without a father. I've had to learn to be a good father to my son, and have had to learn a LOT to be a good father to my daughter - its even harder than raising a son. To be fully honest I had to learn a lot about myself, how to be a better man for both of my children.

Many people are broken, and IMO its because they didn't get the right paternal and maternal 'love'.

I'm guessing you have/had children yourself? How does your experience differentiate? I'm always looking for ways to improve my parenting skills.

Advertisement
I currently have both a daughter and a son. I have no delusions that I could raise either of them to be the great kids they are today without my wife - she is an amazing mother and nurturer. Nor do I have any delusions that they would be fine without a father. I've had to learn to be a good father to my son, and have had to learn a LOT to be a good father to my daughter - its even harder than raising a son. To be fully honest I had to learn a lot about myself, how to be a better man for both of my children.

Many people are broken, and IMO its because they didn't get the right paternal and maternal 'love'.

I'm guessing you have/had children yourself? How does your experience differentiate? I'm always looking for ways to improve my parenting skills.
Don't be so modest.

Dude. I'm sitting in an auditorium 3 hours ago - my daughter is singing her first solo in a chorus ensemble. Half the time I'm staring at the exits wondering how sht would play out if an incel came through those doors; I have my spyderco - but left my g19 at home because I'm stupid/good little citizen.

Which Spyderco do you have?

Advertisement
Back