Off-Topic Mass killings

I’ve been to my high school within the last few years and it’s still pretty open. Many schools still are.
I just had a conversation with my son who works part time for an elementary school in Florida in after school care. He is majoring in Public Safety and Security. We went through the school lock down procedures methodically and found so many flaws. I.e. in his classroom, door locking mechanism only works from the outside. No deadbolt inside room. Smh.

Its very alarming, the false sense of security parents must have.

School Security=We need and should demand more from our school boards etc.

Advertisement
Dude. I'm sitting in an auditorium 3 hours ago - my daughter is singing her first solo in a chorus ensemble. Half the time I'm staring at the exits wondering how sht would play out if an incel came through those doors; I have my spyderco - but left my g19 at home because I'm stupid/good little citizen.
Thats how you do it. Every place you enter you gotta search for the nearest and best cover and quickest exits. Big mistake leaving at home in a CCW state though haha. Spyderco is better than your bare fists though lol.

Dude. I'm sitting in an auditorium 3 hours ago - my daughter is singing her first solo in a chorus ensemble. Half the time I'm staring at the exits wondering how sht would play out if an incel came through those doors; I have my spyderco - but left my g19 at home because I'm stupid/good little citizen.
Yikes. That is a lot of time spent thinking about people getting killed or killing people.

Just make sure you serpentine out of the building

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice.
I have the CO 7S Police, and the Civilian G10.
I have the paramilitary 2. I don't have all that many small folding knives. Since we can't carry them in NYC anyway, so if I am going to use a knife, its going to be for CQC. So most of my knives are fixed blade. But my favorite folding knife that I know that, isn't custom is probably my sebenza 31.

Nice.
I have the CO 7S Police, and the Civilian G10.
I'm not a huge knife guy I have a few ESEE's and handful of Spyderco's - they have a great once-a-year seconds sale...
1653616462318.png

I'm not a huge knife guy I have a few ESEE's and handful of Spyderco's - they have a great once-a-year seconds sale...
View attachment 187338
I am the same way, but my reasoning is I can't carry them, so I pretty much have on use for my knives which is CQC in my house. Although I do have a few that I carry for when I go trail running or hiking upstate. I am not one of those guys that just stockpiles schit for the sake of stockpiling. If I have it I have a use for it. I would rather have 4 really good knives that are the best for their particular purpose(and my dimensions which is why I prefer custom) than have 55 knives with some made in china tang that is going to snap if you miss the target and hit brick.

Advertisement
I have a wonderful son who is doing great. This is in spite of his parents lack of skills. I have tried my very best to be a better father than mine and have done that but I still fall short of my hopes. My wife is bi polar and has manic episodes.
Basically I'm the hard working moral compass and she provides the intellectual growth (she is beyond smart)

I shield him from the extremes, he has her brain power and my graft. He is the greatest thing in my life. My goal is for him to be happy.

I would be lost and clueless on how to raise a daughter.
I hear you. Parenting is the hardest - but most important task you've been given.

I am the same way, but my reasoning is I can't carry them, so I pretty much have on use for my knives which is CQC in my house. Although I do have a few that I carry for when I go trail running or hiking upstate. I am not one of those guys that just stockpiles schit for the sake of stockpiling. If I have it I have a use for it. I would rather have 4 really good knives that are the best for their particular purpose(and my dimensions which is why I prefer custom) than have 55 knives with some made in china tang that is going to snap if you miss the target and hit brick.
Yep. I have a fixed blade ESEE on every important bag I own lol.

Yep. I have a fixed blade ESEE on every important bag I own lol.
I used to have the ESEE jungle or something like that I believe it was called, but I ended up giving it to the guy that sharpens my knives(yes I know how to use a whetstone myself and I can do it in a pinch, but I prefer to have someone do it for me lmao) since he forgot his, when we were hiking together, and I just let him keep it. They make great knives. My favorite non customs though are probably the Spartan Harsey Difensa and my Busse TGULB

Advertisement
I used to have the ESEE jungle or something like that I believe it was called, but I ended up giving it to the guy that sharpens my knives(yes I know how to use a whetstone myself and I can do it in a pinch, but I prefer to have someone do it for me lmao) since he forgot his, when we were hiking together, and I just let him keep it. They make great knives. My favorite non customs though are probably the Spartan Harsey Difensa and my Busse TGULB
Junglas! Nice! Always coveted one but could never justify the need.

View attachment 187338

I’d send you a picture of mine, but I’m traveling right now and obviously if I carried on a plane, lol, I’d be in a federal lockup right now. My G 10 is dangerous, it’s a basically a serrated surgical scalpel, you actually void the warranty if you use it like a utility knife, it’s super delicate.

Advertisement
Back