Off-Topic Mass killings

I used to have the ESEE jungle or something like that I believe it was called, but I ended up giving it to the guy that sharpens my knives(yes I know how to use a whetstone myself and I can do it in a pinch, but I prefer to have someone do it for me lmao) since he forgot his, when we were hiking together, and I just let him keep it. They make great knives. My favorite non customs though are probably the Spartan Harsey Difensa and my Busse TGULB
This is my baby - vintage Parker Imai Japan K-636
27C2A23A-3AE8-40A6-A2CE-7B0C426C7CFF.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C1A1C67-DD2C-4FCC-81A8-D9611F742E4B.jpeg
    8C1A1C67-DD2C-4FCC-81A8-D9611F742E4B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Advertisement
I have not seen one, and I didn’t write that (if it wasn’t obvious).

This is the only none media photo I have seen.

Thanks, I just thought maybe there was a pic wherever you pulled that from - no problem. i’m honestly in a state of shock about this turn of events, at least that guy went in there, but I’m afraid by that point all the damage was done, at least I’m glad he took the guy out

Seriously, Texas, you need to shut this guy up. I think this is the same guy that said police went in to get their own kids.

Thats how you do it. Every place you enter you gotta search for the nearest and best cover and quickest exits. Big mistake leaving at home in a CCW state though haha. Spyderco is better than your bare fists though lol.
It's a relief to know that I'm not the only one looking for hard cover and planning an exit strategy. I also look for choke points in case I need to go on the offensive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's a relief to know that I'm not the only one looking for hard cover and planning an exit strategy. I also look for choke points in case I need to go on the offensive.
You are not alone lmao. I always am people watching and I keep my head on a swivel. The other thing you have to keep in mind, regarding these crazies. Is as far as seeking cover and retreating. I always like to think, after I find my cover/escape route. If the crazy was also is thinking about that particular place and has an L shaped ambush waiting for us. So I try to get into their mind. If the first pieces of cover or escape route I find are pretty obvious. I try to find other ones that may be better to retreat to. That don't have shooters or traps waiting for me there.It may be part of their plan to push everyone to the main exit for instance. Or maybe they have bombs set up that they can set off behind cover to flush us out from behind cover. Just 2 of the many things that you need to have running through your mind before going into public areas.

That's awful. Especially considering in 2018 they there was a 13 year old at the junior high planning a Columbine shooting for the Spring of 2022. Not a good time to drop your guard.

I assume that it's not the same kid or else it would have been pointed out already, but in April 2018 he was 13 and went to that junior high.

That's awful. Especially considering in 2018 they there was a 13 year old at the junior high planning a Columbine shooting for the Spring of 2022. Not a good time to drop your guard.

I assume that it's not the same kid or else it would have been pointed out already, but in April 2018 he was 13 and went to that junior high.

Jeezus, talk about red flags. I’m sure this shooter from this week was associated with those kids since the ages line up

Advertisement

****. That hurts to know.

Maybe there is hope in cameras and software in the future. We have facial recognition software. Apply that same technology to gunfire and guns and we could have hyper response times. This is some far out ****, but it's possible and feasible.

Yep, the whole "there were no red flags" narrative didn't pass the smell test from the start. Now we learn he spent time in juvi, used to cut his own face up for fun, tons of fights, threatening to shoot a school, etc. I mean....

FWIW, one curious part of this mess is his living situation. He was living with his grandparents but yesterday I heard an (terribly sad) interview with his mom. Really odd all around.

Advertisement
Yep, the whole "there were no red flags" narrative didn't pass the smell test from the start. Now we learn he spent time in juvi, used to cut his own face up for fun, tons of fights, threatening to shoot a school, etc. I mean....

FWIW, one curious part of this mess is his living situation. He was living with his grandparents but yesterday I heard an (terribly sad) interview with his mom. Really odd all around.
I am pretty convinced that there are ALWAYS red flags in these situations. Some might be harder to uncover (example: a few children may know about an instagram story a person posted that they can eventually connect back to; posts on encrypted chat services like telegram, whatsapp, or even something like a discord)...but they are always there...the ones where police or feds are on the scent but fail to act happen way too often. Shameful.

Looks like the Texas Rep is going back on his statement:

Looks like 'no comments' for now:

The Uvalde Leader-News reported that Texas Ranger Ryan Kindell was 'collecting and analyzing additional evidence' after the 2018 arrests. When contacted by DailyMail.com, Kindell declined to comment. Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District communications director Anne Espinoza, who also wrote the district’s statements about the 2018 case, did not respond to a request for comment. The school was also the subject of shooting threats in 2020 according to police.

Uvalde police denied it:

Shortly after Gonzales's appearance, FOX reporter Bill Melugin tweeted that Uvalde police denied Ramos was one of the kids involved.

I feel like if it was him it would be a bigger story by now. Shouldn't be hard to obtain that info

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back