Off-Topic Mass killings

That is because the other side usually starts off with "but I thought guns were illegal in Chicago!". As a "gotcha" to gun laws. They are buying legally built guns that are easily accessible in nearby states. Look at the most common guns they use. Things like Glocks. They aren't using fully automatic M4s on a regular basis since those aren't sold in Indiana either.
Which goes back to the fact that drugs are illegal and they're not getting there from Indiana.

We need to solve the actual problem.

Advertisement
FTnva83WQAIelE_.jpg

It is very important. Because people like to point to strict gun states as examples for why gun control doesn't work. "see even if they are illegal criminals will get them", but they refuse to acknowledge most of those guns were originally sold legally or at minimum were built legally.
I think the point is that no matter the laws, people can always find the guns. Even countries that have very strong laws for guns, the gangs and mobs still find them. So whether they were purchased legally from a boarding state, or illegally smuggled in from another country, the ones that really want them are going to find a way to get them.

But you are right, the original purchase of all guns most likely started out as a legal purchase and eventually was sold illegally or stolen and used.

Advertisement
Which goes back to the fact that drugs are illegal and they're not getting there from Indiana.

We need to solve the actual problem.
Come on. You know those things aren't even close to the same. Anyone can make or grow drugs. Not anyone can make an effective gun.

We also need to stop trying to interpret the intent of people that had no idea about anything modernity would bring. Young adults shooting up classrooms of 3rd graders was not in their world view nor was the mental health of citizens collectively something they would consider.

I'm all for the second amendment...but we're missing - as a nation - the well-regulated part of the equation as well as the necessary to the security of a free state part as well.

This nation truly need to get its **** together...we need to at least get on the same page with some key, core fundamental tenants of this country and there is a mental health crisis we are miles deep in that is sending us down the path of barbarism. We are indeed down bad right now.
The 'intent' was for 'the people' to be able to fight a war, not hunt rabbits or shoot skeet. And 'well-regulated' in that time meant well-oiled, well-armed, well-kept etc... not 'well moderated by the state'.

I whole-heartedly agree with your last statement though.

I think the point is that no matter the laws, people can always find the guns. Even countries that have very strong laws for guns, the gangs and mobs still find them. So whether they were purchased legally from a boarding state, or illegally smuggled in from another country, the ones that really want them are going to find a way to get them.

But you are right, the original purchase of all guns most likely started out as a legal purchase and eventually was sold illegally or stolen and used.
That isn't entirely true. Yes the gangs and mobs can find them, but low level gang members are way less likely to have guns in those countries, than in America and they cost way more.

Universal backgrounds checks for all firearms. As a starting point.
Ok someone please edumacate me. Whats the difference between the background check i took in Bass Pro Shops for my Remington 870 Tac to this “Universal Background” check that always gets thrown in conversation whenever something like this happens. Serious question.

Advertisement
The 'intent' was for 'the people' to be able to fight a war, not hunt rabbits or shoot skeet. And 'well-regulated' in that time meant well-oiled, well-armed, well-kept etc... not 'well moderated by the state'.

I whole-heartedly agree with your last statement though.
In that case. That should mean the people should be able to own tanks, fighter jets, etc. Because the weapons we were allowed to have during the times of the constitution were actually enough to wage a full scale war against a country.

Let’s be real here.

If we’re going to be honest, nobody here really is hitting the core issue.

The one solution that we know works, is a complete outlawing of the private ownership of most firearms, and the subsequent mass collection of any outstanding firearms. Anything else is just a bullshlt measure that won’t prevent what’s happened. Basically a clone of what they did in the UK after the Scotland school massacre many years ago.

That’s the only question that needs to be answered because that’s the only solution that will prevent mass shootings if you want to approach it from the gun angle.

That’s the one solution that we know works, because it’s been proven in the real world.

There is also the possibility of hardening every single school in the nation but I don’t even know how practical that would be. The logistics and cost might be prohibitive, and it may even take many years to get it all done.

So the question you have to ask yourself is are you for English type gun control or not. Anything else you’re just kidding yourself.

It’s a shame when things like these happen people get all worked up about what is right or wrong. There are a bunch of things wrong whether it be societal, culture, gun laws, mental health, etc the list goes on for days and they don’t all fit every situation and certainly not equally.

One would think people could come together and work on a solution with an understanding it doesn’t fit into a neat little wrapped package such as “ban all guns” or whatever. Can’t wait to hear campaign slogans missing the point for the next few years looking to exploit this and other shootings

We currently live in the movie idiocracy. But this isn’t a comedy.

As somebody that doesn’t own a gun I can say stricter laws won’t change much but go ahead and give it a try. The gun violence is just a symptom to the disease that’s staring everyone in the face. America is a divided , toxic mess thats only going to get worse. With or without a glock.

So, when will Alex Jones and the Q folks start calling the Uvalde killings a "hoax"? As they did with Newtown.

Advertisement
We currently live in the movie idiocracy. But this isn’t a comedy.

As somebody that doesn’t own a gun I can say stricter laws won’t change much but go ahead and give it a try. The gun violence is just a symptom to the disease that’s staring everyone in the face. America is a divided , toxic mess thats only going to get worse. With or without a glock.
You are part of the divide, you just don't see it because you think you are on the "correct side".

It is very important. Because people like to point to strict gun states as examples for why gun control doesn't work. "see even if they are illegal criminals will get them", but they refuse to acknowledge most of those guns were originally sold legally or at minimum were built legally.

Yeah but no gun control law makes guns disappear. The only people that would hand over there guns are the people who are not using them for crime.

You can have a working AK thats 80 years old. Guns are so entrenched into this society that they are here to stay.

Politicians yank peoples chains about them for votes. They have no solutions. But let me ask you this... which side is responsible for our mental health crisis?

Your answer is why people are not screaming about that... there are no votes when you have no one to blame but yourself. And the hysteria (which drives radicals) in this country is at an all time high because people can live in their echo chambers more now than ever. They can find information that drives their selected hate every single second of the day. They barely have to interact with people they don't agree with. The media drives hate as strategy to get more viewers. Hate sells and business is great but these are the consequences.

I would say that no gun has ever made anyone kill another person on purpose, but everyone who kills another person on purpose is mad. To me people need to call out politicians and the media for creating this mess and stop letting them distract us with more vote getting non solutions. They will use the deaths of these kids to get votes while the rhetoric they use in doing so will silently create the next round of killers.

Advertisement
So, when will Alex Jones and the Q folks start calling the Uvalde killings a "hoax"? As they did with Newtown.
That idiot learned his lesson from the last time when he got sued. I doubt he will try it again. BTW Alex hates Q, so you can't lump them in together. Q is stealing a bunch of his supporters. There can only be one grifter.

Let’s be real here.

If we’re going to be honest, nobody here really is hitting the core issue.

The one solution that we know works, is a complete outlawing of the private ownership of most firearms, and the subsequent mass collection of any outstanding firearms. Anything else is just a bullshlt measure that won’t prevent what’s happened. Basically a clone of what they did in the UK after the Scotland school massacre many years ago.

That’s the only question that needs to be answered because that’s the only solution that will prevent mass shootings if you want to approach it from the gun angle.

That’s the one solution that we know works, because it’s been proven in the real world.

There is also the possibility of hardening every single school in the nation but I don’t even know how practical that would be. The logistics and cost might be prohibitive, and it may even take many years to get it all done.

So the question you have to ask yourself is are you for English type gun control or not. Anything else you’re just kidding yourself.
Go the UK route and there will be a severe uptick in boating accidents, across this country, the likes that our founding fathers never envisioned.

Advertisement
Back