Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
Yes. Warehouses full of equipment. They are trying to corner the market on zip guns and 3d printed guns.
So if most guns in chicago(according to you) were made by MS-13. Then most of these shootings in chicago should have been done with zip guns and 3d printed guns, but that is the not the case. Why is that?

Why are these "mass shootings" such a USA thing? No other civilized country has to deal with them to anywhere near this extent? The reason/difference seems to be easy access to guns.
There are places where firearm ownership is very common and they don't have this problem. Yes, the US has more guns per capita, but there simply is more to the equation than that.

Advertisement
But that doesn't mean that the reason there's violence in Chicago is because someone can buy a gun in Indiana.
No, but you can acknowledge that most of the guns in Chicago were legally made in other states(or in Illinois before they enacted stricter gun laws) and also acknowledge that poverty and the like have caused these spikes in violence.

Why are these "mass shootings" such a USA thing? No other civilized country has to deal with them to anywhere near this extent? The reason/difference seems to be easy access to guns.
Why are suicide rates through the roof with 10-18 year olds here? Young girls up 50 percent. Is that gun control or something bigger ?

Yes. Just like England has easy access to knives. They have “mass stabbings”

Advertisement
No, but you can acknowledge that most of the guns in Chicago were legally made in other states(or in Illinois before they enacted stricter gun laws) and also acknowledge that poverty and the like have caused these spikes in violence.
Of course, but the first thing anyone mentions is that the guns come from Indiana, not the reasons why the violence takes place.

Weapons are banned at Trump’s NRA speech. Once again, only the lives of the elite matter

Not to bring partisan politics into this, because I don’t give a shlt about this particular get together that you’re talking about, but guns are banned in most public gatherings. it’s like completely irrelevant.

Yes. Just like England has easy access to knives. They have “mass stabbings”
I'd take my chances vs a knife anyday over an AR. Plus, those "mass stabbings" in England you speak of are nowhere near commonplace. Unlike with our mass killings. In schools, on the Chicago streets, wherever.

Advertisement
So if most guns in chicago(according to you) were made by MS-13. Then most of these shootings in chicago should have been done with zip guns and 3d printed guns, but that is the not the case. Why is that?
Lol im joking and definitely not making light of any situation being discussed. As I have already posted, as a nation we need to address the entire spectrum of the problem. We need to find a compromise on GC, but also do a deep dive in all other issues like. How this new generation of kids are growing up, lockdowns, social media etc.

I'd take my chances vs a knife anyday over an AR. Plus, those "mass stabbings" in England you speak of are nowhere near commonplace. Unlike with our mass killings. In schools, on the Chicago streets, wherever.
So you're okay with mass killings as long as the number of victims isn't too high?

Advertisement
Of course, but the first thing anyone mentions is that the guns come from Indiana, not the reasons why the violence takes place.
That is because the other side usually starts off with "but I thought guns were illegal in Chicago!". As a "gotcha" to gun laws. They are buying legally built guns that are easily accessible in nearby states. Look at the most common guns they use. Things like Glocks. They aren't using fully automatic M4s on a regular basis since those aren't sold in Indiana either.

Access to guns is one...sure. However, the issue...in my opinion...has much deeper roots in the mental health of our nation, collectively. The two (access + declining mental state) will get you most of the way on this issue.

Lol im joking and definitely not making light of any situation being discussed. As I have already posted, as a nation we need to address the entire spectrum of the problem. We need to find a compromise on GC, but also do a deep dive in all other issues like. How this new generation of kids are growing up, lockdowns, social media etc.
Oh ok. My bad. There are people that actually think like that though. So I missed the sarcasm. I agree with you.

It’s a shame when things like these happen people get all worked up about what is right or wrong. There are a bunch of things wrong whether it be societal, culture, gun laws, mental health, etc the list goes on for days and they don’t all fit every situation and certainly not equally.

One would think people could come together and work on a solution with an understanding it doesn’t fit into a neat little wrapped package such as “ban all guns” or whatever. Can’t wait to hear campaign slogans missing the point for the next few years looking to exploit this and other shootings

Advertisement
Back