Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
Advertisement
Semantics, "we never said banning guns would stop EVERY SINGLE mass shooting" lol. 'Safe and effective' comes to mind...
I've never been for banning weapons. Just from a practical standpoint in the USA, that horse left the barn a century ago or more.

I do wish, however, someone could definitively tell me why anyone would need or, more importantly, want an AR-type of weapon. I mean, a handgun for protection or enjoying target practice, a hunting rifle, I understand ...

I've never been for banning weapons. Just from a practical standpoint in the USA, that horse left the barn a century ago or more.

I do wish, however, someone could definitively tell me why anyone would need or, more importantly, want an AR-type of weapon. I mean, a handgun for protection or enjoying target practice, a hunting rifle, I understand ...
I could tell you, but in all honesty - it's none of your business how or why I choose to exercise my liberties as a free American.

Just an observation, but isn't it interesting how so many who follow the tenet of "Constitutional Originalism" pick and choose where they deem it appropriate? The one place they seemingly forget about it is when it comes to the topic of the 2nd Amendment.

The “why do you need something I don’t care about“ is a bad standard to start.

Advertisement
The “why do you need something I don’t care about“ is a bad standard to start.
I think it's a legit question when the weapon(s) we're talking about can kill so many in a matter of just a few seconds. That's the "standard," not whether it's just some item I don't care to possess myself.

I mean, why not allow people then to have machine guns, sawed-offs, grenades, rocket launchers, etc? Who got to "decide" that these were "illegal" to own in this country?

I think it's a legit question when the weapon(s) we're talking about can kill so many in a matter of just a few seconds. That's the "standard," not whether it's just some item I don't care to possess myself.

I mean, why not allow people then to have machine guns, sawed-offs, grenades, rocket launchers, etc? Who got to "decide" that these were "illegal" to own in this country?
Right! I agree. They were legal forever, and then some 'non-originalist', pencil pushing geeks in congress decided law-abiding Americans could not longer be entrusted with them; and sht all over the CONUS, as per usual.

Boom... another liberal media and dumb congress person's talking point

"why would anyone need a weapon of war"

Why don't you ask someone who owns one? They will tell you what they use it for (edit... well, some people will tell you... just not @Suhrthing !)

But their goal isn't just banning AR-15s... they have far greater ambitions.

Boom... another liberal media and dumb congress person's talking point

"why would anyone need a weapon of war"

Why don't you ask someone who owns one? They will tell you what they use it for (edit... well, some people will tell you... just not @Suhrthing !)

But their goal isn't just banning AR-15s... they have far greater ambitions.
1671549181752.png

"You need nukes and F15's to take on the government, so we'll just take your guns since they're a lost cause." #LaWjiCkS

Advertisement

Why do people need a Ferrari? Max speed limit in the US is 75, but the car will take you to 200.

You can own fully automatic weapons, explosives, etc. depending on what state you live in. You just have to register with the fedgov. NFA list has a wide array of fun toys on it.

Why do people need a Ferrari? Max speed limit in the US is 75, but the car will take you to 200.
Fair enough. And a Ferrari doing 200 could become a weapon to kill a lot of people. Difference is any idiot can get a rapid fire rifle; only a few can buy a Ferrari. But I get ur point.

Advertisement
Fair enough. And a Ferrari doing 200 could become a weapon to kill a lot of people. Difference is any idiot can get a rapid fire rifle; only a few can buy a Ferrari. But I get ur point.
WTF is a rapid-fire rifle?

No 'idiot' can just get one. Do you know how expensive and rare automatic weapons are on the US market? It's easier to find a US-made one in Afghanistan!

Go bring back the APCs, Blackhawks and M16's you left in AFG before you lecture us on the dangers of American and their firearms.

WTF is a rapid-fire rifle?

No 'idiot' can just get one. Do you know how expensive and rare automatic weapons are on the US market? It's easier to find a US-made one in Afghanistan!

Go bring back the APCs, Blackhawks and M16's you left in AFG before you lecture us on the dangers of American and their firearms.
This is correct. Most people who own NFA list weapons, are collectors.

Advertisement
Back