2022 Mason Thomas, DE, picks Oklahoma

****, feels like we are the only school that can't come in last minute and get a local product to flip. Matt Campbell is an amazing coach but it's Iowa State and this kid is from Broward County. I just don't get it, on one hand I respect him for being loyal but on another I'm like come on man you get to play for your hometown and start something great here.

Only sliver of hope is he is still putting hats on the table I guess. Not expecting him tho.
His sister has a volleyball scholly from them.

Advertisement
I know this is hard to fathom, but Miami isn't going to get every local prospect that they started recruiting 6 weeks ago. This is a kid that had ZERO interest from or relationship with the former staff and has been committed to another program for 18 months. It takes years to build a relationship and we're only pulling kids like Moss, Skinner and Kelly because they had a relationship with Mario at Oregon or someone from Miami's staff was recruiting them previously.

I know this is hard to fathom, but Miami isn't going to get every local prospect that they started recruiting 6 weeks ago. This is a kid that had ZERO interest from or relationship with the former staff and has been committed to another program for 18 months. It takes years to build a relationship and we're only pulling kids like Moss, Skinner and Kelly because they had a relationship with Mario at Oregon or someone from Miami's staff was recruiting them previously.

You mean just like when UF swings by the Pyburns place for the first time 2 weeks before signing day and locks that **** up? That kind of long term relationship?

Advertisement
You mean just like when UF swings by the Pyburns place for the first time 2 weeks before signing day and locks that **** up? That kind of long term relationship?
congrats on picking the one time your argument works... So how is that different from us with Skinner or with Moss or Luli......those don't count right? Only the ones we miss on so people can complain.

Iowa State runs a lot of Odd Front stuff, which may suit Thomas better.
He's not a traditional 4-3 DE and he may need more time to contribute if he comes here.
Iowa State may be selling him on this.
I think he was a better fit for the projected Shumann defense for sure. You mentioned the coaches told you we'd be in an even front, which I found interesting based on some of the things we had done and Shumann's name.

****, feels like we are the only school that can't come in last minute and get a local product to flip. Matt Campbell is an amazing coach but it's Iowa State and this kid is from Broward County. I just don't get it, on one hand I respect him for being loyal but on another I'm like come on man you get to play for your hometown and start something great here.

Only sliver of hope is he is still putting hats on the table I guess. Not expecting him tho.
Nobody is picking Iowa st over Miami sounds like kid doesn’t have a commitable offer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Here we go with the “some kids want to get away”, “not everyone from S Fl wants to play at Miami”..blah blah blah

Manny is mostly at fault here, but we were told Mario is an elite recruiter. If so, he flips local kids who really aren’t a top national recruit. If Thomas signs anywhere bunt Miami them Cristobal failed here.

Advertisement
Back