2022 Mason Thomas, DE, picks Oklahoma

Soo Moultrie, Thomas, Pyburn, Kelly, Moss, n Shemar are all priorities? Interesting.

Biggest DE class ever.
Moultrie - SSDE
Thomas - Edge, maybe even a stand up guy
Pyburn - I think he grows into a SSDE or 5t type (like our USC transfer)
Kelly - the more traditional swing 4-man front DE
Moss - Edge
Shemar - "yes, you're definitely an End, yep agreed, definitely for sure."

Advertisement
Bump, think we turn up the heat here if Pyburn is gone?
If it came down to it, I would take Thomas over Pyburn every day of the week. Just looks like a much better athlete who can end us as an rush OLB or a weak side D-end depending on what body weight he carries the best. Will he end up at 240 or 260 in college.
Thomas looks more fluid than Pyburn.
If I can take both I will, but between the two it’s Thomes for me.

Advertisement
Also agree. Looks like he’s all Auburn anyways. Hoping we get Thomas along with Shemar and Moten. Would like Miller as well but don’t see him coming.
Auburns side wasn't as confident as they were originally even before UF got involved. Miami and Auburn thought it was very close. If UF offers none of this matters.

Advertisement
Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons Top247 EDGE R Mason Thomas is a Broward County native, but he got his first look at Miami over the weekend.

Miami got involved in the recruitment in late December for the Iowa State commit and was able to get him to move some visits around so that the hometown school got the final word in.

“It went great. I never had really been down there. Getting to see Miami was great. I know they’re going to change some stuff around to make it what the staff wants it to look like,” Thomas told InsideTheU.

A meeting with Joe Salave’a was the highlight of the visit.
“It was great. He brought the energy in that meeting. It was a great presentation. He just showed us some drills they work on the d-line and showing how they were going to develop us,” Thomas said.
Mario Cristobal and some of his staff went in-home earlier in the week, so the visit wasn’t their first time meeting.
“He answered all my questions and he’s really familiar with the place because he went here,” Thomas said.
The nation’s No. 205 overall player believes the time he spent in Coral Gables helped the Hurricanes as he looks to close out his recruitment on Wednesday.
“It really did,” Thomas said when asked if the trip helped Miami. “I can really sit back and say I actually saw them and now I know they’re one of the schools I’m considering going to.”
Oklahoma, Iowa State, LSU, and Kentucky hats will also be on the table when Thomas announces his decision at his school in just a few days.
The Sooners got him on campus for an official visit a couple of weeks ago, and the Cyclones have held on to his pledge throughout the process.
“I’m still committed. I’m still good with Iowa State. I’m still great,” Thomas said of his status with Matt Campbell’s squad.

Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons Top247 EDGE R Mason Thomas is a Broward County native, but he got his first look at Miami over the weekend.

Miami got involved in the recruitment in late December for the Iowa State commit and was able to get him to move some visits around so that the hometown school got the final word in.

“It went great. I never had really been down there. Getting to see Miami was great. I know they’re going to change some stuff around to make it what the staff wants it to look like,” Thomas told InsideTheU.

A meeting with Joe Salave’a was the highlight of the visit.
“It was great. He brought the energy in that meeting. It was a great presentation. He just showed us some drills they work on the d-line and showing how they were going to develop us,” Thomas said.
Mario Cristobal and some of his staff went in-home earlier in the week, so the visit wasn’t their first time meeting.
“He answered all my questions and he’s really familiar with the place because he went here,” Thomas said.
The nation’s No. 205 overall player believes the time he spent in Coral Gables helped the Hurricanes as he looks to close out his recruitment on Wednesday.
“It really did,” Thomas said when asked if the trip helped Miami. “I can really sit back and say I actually saw them and now I know they’re one of the schools I’m considering going to.”
Oklahoma, Iowa State, LSU, and Kentucky hats will also be on the table when Thomas announces his decision at his school in just a few days.
The Sooners got him on campus for an official visit a couple of weeks ago, and the Cyclones have held on to his pledge throughout the process.
“I’m still committed. I’m still good with Iowa State. I’m still great,” Thomas said of his status with Matt Campbell’s squad.
****, feels like we are the only school that can't come in last minute and get a local product to flip. Matt Campbell is an amazing coach but it's Iowa State and this kid is from Broward County. I just don't get it, on one hand I respect him for being loyal but on another I'm like come on man you get to play for your hometown and start something great here.

Only sliver of hope is he is still putting hats on the table I guess. Not expecting him tho.

****, feels like we are the only school that can't come in last minute and get a local product to flip. Matt Campbell is an amazing coach but it's Iowa State and this kid is from Broward County. I just don't get it, on one hand I respect him for being loyal but on another I'm like come on man you get to play for your hometown and start something great here.

Only sliver of hope is he is still putting hats on the table I guess. Not expecting him tho.
Some kids want to go. Going away for college is a good time. Alot of kids want to stay but others want to experience something else, can't knock them for it.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF
who cares family guy GIF

Advertisement
If he's sticking with Iowa State then he doesn't have a commitable offer here or he's making the wrong decision, they have had 4 defensive players drafted since 2008.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back