Marvin Jones Jr

Advertisement
You may be right.

On the other hand, having gone to UM back in the 1980s, I give a lot of credit to our players from the 1980s who picked an upstart UM over "Michigan" and "Penn State" and "Ohio State" and "Florida" and "Georgia".

But, yes, I would like to see more loyalty from our alums. I don't think that (even under the worst coaches/ADs) the UM Family has ever treated any alums poorly.
I see your point but those schools were not throwing bags to kids like they are now.

I see your point but those schools were not throwing bags to kids like they are now.

You're right. I was just talking about how a coach "selling a vision" can be a bit of a disruptor.

If there are UM alums who don't like what Coker-Shannon-Golden-Richt-Diaz are selling, and they prefer another school...I definitely don't like it, but I can understand the thought process...a bit...

I'd like to see more UM loyalty from our alums. It seems like most of the UM football legacies we get are not the most highly rated recruits, which then creates a perverse argument AGAINST taking legacy recruits.

Sad.

Advertisement
You may be right.

On the other hand, having gone to UM back in the 1980s, I give a lot of credit to our players from the 1980s who picked an upstart UM over "Michigan" and "Penn State" and "Ohio State" and "Florida" and "Georgia".

But, yes, I would like to see more loyalty from our alums. I don't think that (even under the worst coaches/ADs) the UM Family has ever treated any alums poorly.
Kid’s today are a different breed. The majority are front runners and don’t want to put the time and effort into building something from the ground up. Look at all the super teams in High School football now. Honestly, I would rather have the kid from Dillard over Jones Jr.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He looks like he could start for us RIGHT NOW. Shemar, Kenyatta, Nyjalik and Marvin...man I can't recall a year with so many built-in-a-lab prototypes for a single position group. I'd be willing to bet there is at least one 3-and-out early 1st rounder out of this group. I guess the last time there was this much NFL talent from one position was the 2018 CB class: Surtain, Campbell, Asante Jr, Jobe and Blades (don't @ me, not too late for Al). We ended up with the worst from that class (Blades and Ivey), hopefully we can avoid that with these DE's.

Advertisement
He looks like he could start for us RIGHT NOW. Shemar, Kenyatta, Nyjalik and Marvin...man I can't recall a year with so many built-in-a-lab prototypes for a single position group. I'd be willing to bet there is at least one 3-and-out early 1st rounder out of this group. I guess the last time there was this much NFL talent from one position was the 2018 CB class: Surtain, Campbell, Asante Jr, Jobe and Blades (don't @ me, not too late for Al). We ended up with the worst from that class (Blades and Ivey), hopefully we can avoid that with these DE's.
4 local monsters at a position we just put 2 1st rounders into the NFL and we're here praying we can somehow land 1 of them.So much for the player likeness battling the bag.

4 local monsters at a position we just put 2 1st rounders into the NFL and we're here praying we can somehow land 1 of them.So much for the player likeness battling the bag.
Can't make this up 😂😂 I feel ya our fans making us feel like we the bargain choice school when it comes to these recruits.. signing day so far out and these kids change their minds like this bipolar weather 😂😂 I only listen to cribby and that's it💯👐🏿

My only issue is he left Southwest Miami high for I think STA .

Anyway he was getting noticed at SW he didn’t have to leave, SW plays Killian , Columbus, Palmetto , South Miami , South Dsde other big teams.

Some of the biggest players at Miami came from SW ,

Leaving you team for selfish reasons has always been an issue with me .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back