Marvin Jones Jr

Wait, wait....

Ya’ll are actually keeping tabs on the son of Marvin Jones, one of the best FSU LBs in their history?? Ya’ll must’ve got real ****y w/ The Jennings pick up or something. Lol.

Maybe so, but he has to live in eternity knowing he was 0-3 against Miami and participated in Right I and Right II. Boo flipping hoo. This after leaving his hometown school for Tallahassee.

Advertisement
He would be an absolute perfect match in this scheme, and a great business decision to come to Miami. When is the last true DE Alabama produced? Tim Williams? Ohio State I can see, but no reason to go that far from home when you can play in a perfect system, rack up big numbers, have a chance to be drafted high, and not have to live in Columbus, Ohio.
From a Miami fan perspective it seems most logical but Ohio state and Bama telling these kids you wanna go to Miami and play in some meaningless bowl every year or come to our program and be in the playoffs and get huge national exposure.

From a Miami fan perspective it seems most logical but Ohio state and Bama telling these kids you wanna go to Miami and play in some meaningless bowl every year or come to our program and be in the playoffs and get huge national exposure.

That and say what you will about Columbus, most college kids would pick that school over us unless weather was a factor or you're loaded and about that SOBE life. Huge school, something happening all the time, with a serious college atmosphere.

People saying this place sucks and that place sucks aren't looking at it with a young man or woman's eyes. Any big school is awesome, eye popping even for most. Some prefer a smaller school, but I remember visiting schools and they all seemed great by and large. A new adventure and I couldn't wait to go. As an athlete, you get treated like royalty and at a powerhouse program like that, forget about it.

Help me out here. We have no chance with Marvin Jones Jr. because he’s a FSU legacy, but we have a shot with Armella whose father was Jones Sr.’s teammate at FSU?

Advertisement
Maybe so, but he has to live in eternity knowing he was 0-3 against Miami and participated in Right I and Right II. Boo flipping hoo. This after leaving his hometown school for Tallahassee.

Agreed, but we’re talking bout his kid. Lol

That and say what you will about Columbus, most college kids would pick that school over us unless weather was a factor or you're loaded and about that SOBE life. Huge school, something happening all the time, with a serious college atmosphere.

People saying this place sucks and that place sucks aren't looking at it with a young man or woman's eyes. Any big school is awesome, eye popping even for most. Some prefer a smaller school, but I remember visiting schools and they all seemed great by and large. A new adventure and I couldn't wait to go. As an athlete, you get treated like royalty and at a powerhouse program like that, forget about it.
helen keller could figure out columbus, ohio is a ****hole.

Advertisement
Is this correct based on other threads....

Earl Little prefers his son goes somewhere other than Miami?

Marvin Jones is ok with his kid going to dumpster fire FSU?
The more accurate thought is Marvin Jones is beyond OK with his son going Anywhere Other than Miami!

Help me out here. We have no chance with Marvin Jones Jr. because he’s a FSU legacy, but we have a shot with Armella whose father was Jones Sr.’s teammate at FSU?

Are you serious? If you don't know the answer, when it has been discussed on multiple occasions...the Armella family situation is more complex than the Jones family situation.

The fspoo faithful will be saying the same thing about Jones sr that we’re saying about earl little sr. When they both don’t go to their respective legacy schools

Advertisement
I also think the opportunity to work with Jess Simpson is a something that would be hard to pass up. I think he is a tremendous coach, and now he has NFL experience as a DL coach. DE's should be lining up to sign here, and we should have to turn some away because they are beating down our door.

I'd also say this...those F$U football alums teach their kids to hate UM. In the last 40 years, BESIDES when Richt was our HC, can anyone even think of an F$U legacy that signed with UM? There might be one or two, but for the life of me, I can't think of one.

And, sure, there are going to be some exceptions in "mixed" families, like if Charlie Ward's kid was picking between F$U and UM (Charlie's wife Tonja went to UM Law when I was there).
And when the UM dudes don’t we give them too much of a pass

Advertisement

Agreed. I live here in Columbus. Weather can suck but it's a young business town with a lot to do and growing like a fu***** weed. I went to OSU too and it's a great campus.

And when the UM dudes don’t we give them too much of a pass

You may be right.

On the other hand, having gone to UM back in the 1980s, I give a lot of credit to our players from the 1980s who picked an upstart UM over "Michigan" and "Penn State" and "Ohio State" and "Florida" and "Georgia".

But, yes, I would like to see more loyalty from our alums. I don't think that (even under the worst coaches/ADs) the UM Family has ever treated any alums poorly.

Advertisement
Back