Marvin Jones Jr

Advertisement
You guys didn't think we actually had a shot with Marvin Jones Jr did you?...

We have a better shot with Shemar Stewart than we do with Marvin Jr lol Idk if he'll sign with FSU, but if not he's SEC bound.

Stewart, Anderson & Jackson are the 3 DE's we have the best chances with, varying degrees for each, but Jones Jr was never really in the picture. And no I'm not saying that because of this one interview.

Think of him like a Dallas Turner type, high ranked Broward kid with very little to no interest in Miami at all & wants to go to Bama or whichever SEC team shows him the most attention.

I'd also say this...those F$U football alums teach their kids to hate UM. In the last 40 years, BESIDES when Richt was our HC, can anyone even think of an F$U legacy that signed with UM? There might be one or two, but for the life of me, I can't think of one.

And, sure, there are going to be some exceptions in "mixed" families, like if Charlie Ward's kid was picking between F$U and UM (Charlie's wife Tonja went to UM Law when I was there).

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd also say this...those F$U football alums teach their kids to hate UM. In the last 40 years, BESIDES when Richt was our HC, can anyone even think of an F$U legacy that signed with UM? There might be one or two, but for the life of me, I can't think of one.

And, sure, there are going to be some exceptions in "mixed" families, like if Charlie Ward's kid was picking between F$U and UM (Charlie's wife Tonja went to UM Law when I was there).
The 2 that we got Jennings and Joyner if we're been honest FSU was didn't put up much of a fight for them.

that's south florida for you.

tenor (36).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. They hate um and have nooooo interest in UM...the only guys we ever got was because of Richt who coached these guys at fsu.

Lot of our legacy types are tougher pulls for us.

Man it's weird in South Florida, because where I'm from the Mother would have much more say than the Father in those type situations.

Not that the Woman makes all the decisions, but that boys usually don't want to disappoint or move to far away from their mother, unless they just absolutely have to.
See, Alex Collins.

Advertisement
Back