Martinez Best Cane RB in 8 years

Heavy, strong AF, great vision, patience a YAC demon, and breaks tackles for breakfast , lunch and dinner and pretty fast for his size. Pause

Yea, his freshman film show a little more long speed, but this is accurate. Curious to see what else we do at RB, b/c after him we have a lot of questions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not comparing him to Corum from Michigan but watching their offense and seeing him break tackles the way he did last year made me want to cry. Felt like our RBs were constantly one broken tackle away from a huge play but none of them could really do it

This kid changes that
It’s been that way at running back for a very long time. If they can’t get outside they are done. Or when they ran inside their whole momentum is stopped by one arm from a defensive lineman, or they don’t have vision and when they shuffle behind the LOS they ain’t going anywhere. This guy does all of this well and is 220+

Advertisement
I’m VERY excited about this pick up. Cam & Martinez should give us the best QB & RB combo we’ve had since…****, since Dorsey & Willis. (Not saying Martinez will put up 1700+ yrds, just talking combination).
It's been this ******* long man... Seriously sad that it's been this long🥹

I’m VERY excited about this pick up. Cam & Martinez should give us the best QB & RB combo we’ve had since…****, since Dorsey & Willis. (Not saying Martinez will put up 1700+ yrds, just talking combination).
Dude reminds me of the Wisconsin backs we’ve played against. 6ft 230 plus is something we haven had. Closest glimpse of that was Gus

his oregon state tape is elite. our OL should be at the very least as good as theres was.

we cannot line up and run hb dive on every run play. just give this dude some running plays that arent a dead *** giveaway and we SHOULD have a thousand yard rusher on our hands.
In last years scheme, Fletch average 5 yds per. Parrish avg over 6 yds per carry. Cheney avg over 5 yds per. Allen avg over 5 ypc..those 10-12 yard burst we saw from that committee last szn might be 30-40-house calls this szn.

Advertisement
Advertisement

While I do think he’s good, no other back we have had has had as many opportunities to run the rock like this guy. He HAD to t carry that load for them to have a chance at winning. Here, we always have a stable of backs and more playmakers on the outside who have to touch the rock. He won’t get as many carries here. But his average could be higher as you CANNOT stack the box VS this team.

Cam was the last rb Miami had whose house long runs. Guys like Parrish would go down if you put a finger on them. I’m expecting a big year from Martinez.
Parrish could be frustrating and confusing. He would get stuffed at the LOS by a couple defenders and somehow manage to get a 3 yard gain out of nothing. Next play, he would have wide open lane and get touched by the defender closest to him and fall down.

While I do think he’s good, no other back we have had has had as many opportunities to run the rock like this guy. He HAD to t carry that load for them to have a chance at winning. Here, we always have a stable of backs and more playmakers on the outside who have to touch the rock. He won’t get as many carries here. But his average could be higher as you CANNOT stack the box VS this team.
I know every team has the issue and some more than others, but we have had terrible luck with rb's in particular. Just recent with Citizen and Chaney as examples, and a few others. I swear, if Martinez even has a toe stub, I will tear the whole field up down there.

As for being our best rb in that long? Only due to circumstances like just the two mentioned above IMO.

I do not know if he was a late bloomer or not but he has developed into a **** of a player. At one point he had to be given an opportunity to show that he has developed, or we never would be looking at him.

Numbers overall looking very good with more possibly/hopefully to come. Nice to finally have conversations about overall depth in a good way. Competition for spots will be fierce.

Advertisement
Back