Martell??

Advertisement
So I’m guessing you don’t listen to rap, R&B except the older good stuff and you definitely avoid black comedy standup. I applaud you for your values. As a white person, there are a few things that **** me off when it comes to this. The first is having cracker thrown around at or around me as if it isn’t derogatory in any way or there is an entitlement to do so. Another big one is what you wrote about. Both forms of the word are used millions of times every single day including at white people but when a white person says it the world stops turning. It’s either racist and derogatory or it isn’t. It can’t be both. To say this is a word I can say but you can’t because the color of your skin is different is the very definition of racism.
Well not exactly. As stated there are dialects of the word that some or maybe even most African Americans have embraced "ni$$ga" as buddy, dude, or friend. I don't like it and I don't embrace it. I would not prevent myself from watching a comedian or a movie because of it. It is in our culture and history black and white. In fact, in a lot of Quinton Tarantino movies he uses the word "ni$$er" hundreds of times in his movies. He's acknowledging it's existence and use in our society thru the characters he portrayed in his movies. For the record, Pulp Fiction, Django, and The Hateful Eight are 3 of my favorite Tarantino movies. Tarantino's been ridiculed for his use of the word, but he has a way of purpose with its use. It kind of like watching Alex Haley's "Roots." The tv series would not be realistic without the use of the word.

So, I'm not offended when in Pulp Fiction, Marsellus Wallace says to Butch, "Are you my ni$$ga?" because it was appropriate for the character. It doesn't mean I like his character. It just means it fit the character. But, I was offended years ago when a friend said to me "what's up my ni$$ga" in the middle of a packed gym. I told him I'm nobody's ni$$ga and don't ever say that to me again. And he hasn't. It didn't matter where he said it. My response would be the same. So, I understand the culture and history. I just don't identify myself with it. I wish it would die, but it won't.

This dude has no clue about Martell and if he gets cleared. He’s guessing. I saw TOS say papers in process to being submitted to the ncaa.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Players sign a one year contract /scholarship if they do not perform they get weeded out .Coaches change jobs constantly .Why should players not have the same options.The argument that the floodgates would open is akin to if you free one slave you have to free the rest.Yes the players are not indentured servants nor do they have 4 year contracts.The NCAA rules should be changed to protect the student athletes who provide huge money to the universities and the NCAA.

Well the flood gates would open and once they started freeing a handful of slaves they did all become free so I don't really see your point.

unhh guys?

If this is indeed true news and not some prognosticator trying to become Nostradamus then I’ll be one happy **** ****. That would be massive news for the team and the program. I just don’t see the NCAA being A. Nice to Miami or B. Allowing the floodgates to open up for college free agency.

Advertisement
If this is indeed true news and not some prognosticator trying to become Nostradamus then I’ll be one happy **** ****. That would be massive news for the team and the program. I just don’t see the NCAA being A. Nice to Miami or B. Allowing the floodgates to open up for college free agency.

Again, stop buying the media's floodgates narrative. The NCAA now approves almost every hardship waiver already. Martell is applying under criteria the NCAA has already approved waivers for.

And if anyone opened floodgates, it's Fields. A single racist comment he didnt even hear? Yeah then 75% of NCAA players can transfer, because I'm sure they can all find something dumb/racist a fan said.

Or how about Bru McCoy? His claim is that USC's OC left, so even less than Martell. And Texas thinks they'll win.

Demetris Robertson? Waiver approved simply because he transferred closer to home.

Dont carry the NCAA's water. It would be absurd if Martell gets denied, because the NCAA has ALREADY been handing out waivers like candy

So I’m guessing you don’t listen to rap, R&B except the older good stuff and you definitely avoid black comedy standup. I applaud you for your values. As a white person, there are a few things that **** me off when it comes to this. The first is having cracker thrown around at or around me as if it isn’t derogatory in any way or there is an entitlement to do so. Another big one is what you wrote about. Both forms of the word are used millions of times every single day including at white people but when a white person says it the world stops turning. It’s either racist and derogatory or it isn’t. It can’t be both. To say this is a word I can say but you can’t because the color of your skin is different is the very definition of racism.

You HAVE to be trolling, man. Kudos.

Advertisement
Well not exactly. As stated there are dialects of the word that some or maybe even most African Americans have embraced "ni$$ga" as buddy, dude, or friend. I don't like it and I don't embrace it. I would not prevent myself from watching a comedian or a movie because of it. It is in our culture and history black and white. In fact, in a lot of Quinton Tarantino movies he uses the word "ni$$er" hundreds of times in his movies. He's acknowledging it's existence and use in our society thru the characters he portrayed in his movies. For the record, Pulp Fiction, Django, and The Hateful Eight are 3 of my favorite Tarantino movies. Tarantino's been ridiculed for his use of the word, but he has a way of purpose with its use. It kind of like watching Alex Haley's "Roots." The tv series would not be realistic without the use of the word.

So, I'm not offended when in Pulp Fiction, Marsellus Wallace says to Butch, "Are you my ni$$ga?" because it was appropriate for the character. It doesn't mean I like his character. It just means it fit the character. But, I was offended years ago when a friend said to me "what's up my ni$$ga" in the middle of a packed gym. I told him I'm nobody's ni$$ga and don't ever say that to me again. And he hasn't. It didn't matter where he said it. My response would be the same. So, I understand the culture and history. I just don't identify myself with it. I wish it would die, but it won't.

Love me some Tarantino. Wish The Hateful Eight wasn’t so **** long but he always takes the time to build a story line for each character.

51 of the 63 waivers that have been applied for have been granted already. It’s already a free agency.

51 of 64 players who applied for immediate eligibility since the rule change had their waiver approved, I get the ncaa doesn’t like Miami but these waivers are getting approved more often than not now adays. And a good lawyer could really go in on the environment at osu, especially with Meyer keeping smith employed after knowing about the allegations and then Meyer suddenly retiring. I’m addition to that it was reported less than 2 weeks ago that Martel supposedly explored the option of a the transfer during the season even before the Justin fields news after the smith/Meyer debacle which would help his waiver process even more imo

Advertisement
Back