Martell??

Advertisement
If they approve him I will be shocked. If he gets the approval the floodgates will open up and it becomes a true free agency. I don’t know exactly what his arguement is, but I don’t think he played the whole domestic abuse angle from what I have seen. This is a big case for the NCAA and moving forward. If he doesn’t get it, the backlash will be crazy because Fields got one. It sounds like we should hear something in the next few days from what everyone is reporting.

If they approve him I will be shocked. If he gets the approval the floodgates will open up and it becomes a true free agency. I don’t know exactly what his arguement is, but I don’t think he played the whole domestic abuse angle from what I have seen. This is a big case for the NCAA and moving forward. If he doesn’t get it, the backlash will be crazy because Fields got one. It sounds like we should hear something in the next few days from what everyone is reporting.
The flood gates will open for athletes when there is a head coaching change which is fair!

Advertisement
1. The staff is very confident Martell will get the waiver, HOWEVER

2. No one has been notified of any decision yet. That includes The University of Miami, Blake James, the staff, and Tate Martell

3. The paperwork has been submitted and everyone is playing the waiting game

4. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who says they have a definitive answer on his eligibility is lying. The NCAA has not made a decision.

Why is this the narrative?

Tate lost his Head Coach due to a Domestic Abuse scandal.
The New Coach promised Fields the starting job.
Why is this like he just up and decided to dip for the **** of it. Kid has been an Ohio State fan for most of his life.

Deep in my heart, I think that Martell should sit because the only reason he came here is that he wasn't going to win the starting job; but since they gave Fields ,who transferred for the ******* SAME reason, the waiver I'll burn the NCAA headquarters if they don't give it to Tathan too.

The narrative that they are different cases is WRONG and BIASED against, guess who, Miami.

Read what this clueless, incompetent, biased, mf has to say about it:

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-...akdown-change-NCAA-transfer-system-128973860/

Yeah, of course, Martell eligibilty is going to break the NCAA. **** him, **** the NCAA and **** Ohio State.

Deep in my heart, I think that Martell should sit because the only reason he came here is that he wasn't going to win the starting job; but since they gave Fields ,who transferred for the ******* SAME reason, the waiver I'll burn the NCAA headquarters if they don't give it to Tathan too.

The narrative that they are different cases is WRONG and BIASED against, guess who, Miami.

Read what this clueless, incompetent, biased, mf has to say about it:

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-...akdown-change-NCAA-transfer-system-128973860/

Yeah, of course, Martell eligibilty is going to break the NCAA. ** him, ** the NCAA and **** Ohio State.

I would be okay with him sitting. I really want to see what Jarren has. I think he can be really good. I just question is motivation but at the same time give him a pass due to lil Richt

Advertisement
Per an article on ESPN: In Apr 18, when the NCAA's Division I Council approved a modification for athletes seeking immediate eligibility.
Rather than having to demonstrate egregious behavior by a program or truly extraordinary circumstances, athletes seeking immediate eligibility at another FBS program simply must be academically and athletically eligible, receive no opposition from the school they're leaving and, according to the modified policy, show "the transfer is due to documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete."

This 247 article should've dropped after fields requested a waiver. His claim like 99.6% of claims are a joke. If the n word thing was such an impact why not transfer right away? The whole situation made you uncomfortable but not your sister? Come on man.

I would be okay with him sitting. I really want to see what Jarren has. I think he can be really good. I just question is motivation but at the same time give him a pass due to lil Richt
They will see what Jarren has in camp either way. It is better for the future of the team if Tate gets the waiver, then whover wins the job is the guy until the next big time players at that position is ready to go.

Advertisement
Why is floodgates just based on his particular case? They have already approved 51/64 eligibility cases with varying circumstances in each specific case? Plus martell was exploring a transfer after the whole situation with Meyer/Zach smith anyways so that imo strengthens his waiver case tbh

Last edited:
It's not only silly that Fields gets the waiver ahead of Martell but it's really downright wrong. Georgia had no coaching change . OSU not only has a coaching change but total disruption among the staff. Blake should be speaking to the NCAA to get this done now.And Martells lawyer should be threatening a lawsuit if the NCAA does not act in the right way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again, stop buying the media's floodgates narrative. The NCAA now approves almost every hardship waiver already. Martell is applying under criteria the NCAA has already approved waivers for.

And if anyone opened floodgates, it's Fields. A single racist comment he didnt even hear? Yeah then 75% of NCAA players can transfer, because I'm sure they can all find something dumb/racist a fan said.

Or how about Bru McCoy? His claim is that USC's OC left, so even less than Martell. And Texas thinks they'll win.

Demetris Robertson? Waiver approved simply because he transferred closer to home.

Dont carry the NCAA's water. It would be absurd if Martell gets denied, because the NCAA has ALREADY been handing out waivers like candy

Fair enough mate. But I just don’t see the NCAA widening the parameters for amateur free agency and I doubt seriously they’ll do it for Miami. But hey I’ve been wrong before and yes, it would be fantastic to get Martell playing all 3 years.

It's not only silly that Fields gets the waiver ahead of Martell but it's really downright wrong. Georgia had no coaching change . OSU not only has a coaching change but total disruption among the staff. Blake should be speaking to the NCAA to get this done now.And Martells lawyer should be threatening a lawsuit if the NCAA does not act in the right way.

I'm pretty sure he filed a couple weeks before Tate did.

Hence the decision coming sooner. Could be wrong, though.

ALL the trendlines point to Tathan getting the waiver......so this will be the case where the NCAA says they're tightening the approval restraints back up and will deny him.....before promptly approving some other kid a few days later that says his great auntie is suffering from a bad case of psoriasis and he needs to transfer to a school that's 486 miles from her treatment facility.

Advertisement
Back