Martell??

Advertisement
I read an article about Fields' eligibility. His lawyer made the case that he was going to play baseball, but the racist remark from a potential teammate had dramatically affected his ability to coexist in that culture despite the player making the remark being dismissed.

What is perplexing is that everyone including the NCAA knows Fields isn't going to play baseball. I would argue that the person who made the remark was dismissed so there is no problem.

By the way, on my college baseball team several years ago, I had a caucasian teammate call me a Ni##er. I was the starting 1st baseman as a freshman and he was the starting 2nd baseman as a senior. He didn't get removed from the team or miss any games, but the coach and my teammates let him have it. It got squashed on the spot. It was devastating coming from a teammate. Anyone else would have got punched in the mouth. But coming from a person who you considered your brother, hurt my heart. He thought he could get away with that type of language because he grew up in a city that was 30% black and perhaps that was the culture he grew up in. I'm NOT one of the guys that calls other black men Ni##er as some sort of greeting. It offends me no matter who says it.

I've had to school white and black. I'm NOT anyone's Ni##er or Ni##a so don't go around saying What's up my Ni##a? It's offensive to me no matter who says it.

DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU MEET. THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE.

Last edited:
I read an article about Fields' eligibility. His lawyer made the case that he was going to play baseball, but the racist remark from a potential teammate had dramatically affected his ability to coexist in that culture despite the player making the remark being dismissed.

What is perplexing is that everyone including the NCAA knows Fields isn't going to play baseball. I would argue that the person who made the remark was dismissed so there is no problem.

By the way, on my college baseball team several years ago, I had a caucasian teammate call me a Ni##er. I was the starting 1st baseman as a freshman and he was the starting 2nd baseman as a senior. He didn't get removed from the team or miss any games, but the coach and my teammates let him have it. It got squashed on the spot. It was devastating coming from a teammate. Anyone else would have got punched in the mouth. But coming from a person who you considered your brother, hurt my heart. He thought he could get away with that type of language because he grew up in a city that was 30% black and perhaps that was the culture he grew up in. I'm NOT one of the guys that calls other black men Ni##er as some sort of greeting. It offends me no matter who says it.

I've had to school white and black. I'm NOT anyone's Ni##er so don't go around saying What's up my Ni##er? It's offensive to me no matter who says it.

need clarification - did he call you a Ni$$er or did he call you a Ni$$a? just wondering because of something you said later in your post about white or black not calling you Ni$$er.

Advertisement
need clarification - did he call you a Ni$$er or did he call you a Ni$$a? just wondering because of something you said later in your post about white or black not calling you Ni$$er.
The 1st one "er." But either one is unacceptable to me. Just because you hear people use "ger" or "ga" makes no difference to me. It all the same to me. People may have different meanings. It's been perpetuated throughout history. I can never understand how this ever transformed into a meaning of friendship or brotherhood. I find it ridiculous. It like the scene from Clerks II "Porch Monkey" where Randall says "porch monkey" is not racist and I'm taking it back.

NI$$er or Ni$$a or My Ni$$a. Don't save it or reclaim it. Let it go. Or better yet, let it die!!!

Last edited:
The 1st one "er." But either one is unacceptable to me. Just because you hear people use "ger" or "ga" makes no difference to me. It all the same to me. People may have different meanings. It's been perpetuated throughout history. I can never understand how this ever transformed into a meaning of friendship or brotherhood. I find it ridiculous. It like the scene from Clerks II "Porch Monkey" where Randall says "porch monkey" is not racist and I'm taking it back.

this guy clearly doesn't get it.

this guy clearly doesn't get it.

I do understand the confusion that it presents to white America and that teacher was correct in how the two were are used. However he had no business using those/that word in his classroom. My point is that people like minded as myself are offended by both no matter who says it. I try to educate our black men not to perpetuate a derivation of the word that originated from a dark hateful place and time.

Advertisement

I've had to school white and black. I'm NOT anyone's Ni##er or Ni##a so don't go around saying What's up my Ni##a? It's offensive to me no matter who says it.

I am glad to hear that your teammates put that dude in check. I'm sure it meant a lot to you that your team took care of it for you. And hopefully the 2nd baseman learned a good lesson. No place for that garbage on either side.

Is it okay if I say, "wattup, my Ninja?"

Advertisement
I am glad to hear that your teammates put that dude in check. I'm sure it meant a lot to you that your team took care of it for you. And hopefully the 2nd baseman learned a good lesson. No place for that garbage on either side.
No doubt. At the time, I was the only black guy on the team and the rest white yet all are my brothers for life.

I do understand the confusion that it presents to white America and that teacher was correct in how the two were are used. However he had no business using those/that word in his classroom. My point is that people like minded as myself are offended by both no matter who says it. I try to educate our black men not to perpetuate a derivation of the word that originated from a dark hateful place and time.

So I’m guessing you don’t listen to rap, R&B except the older good stuff and you definitely avoid black comedy standup. I applaud you for your values. As a white person, there are a few things that **** me off when it comes to this. The first is having cracker thrown around at or around me as if it isn’t derogatory in any way or there is an entitlement to do so. Another big one is what you wrote about. Both forms of the word are used millions of times every single day including at white people but when a white person says it the world stops turning. It’s either racist and derogatory or it isn’t. It can’t be both. To say this is a word I can say but you can’t because the color of your skin is different is the very definition of racism.

Advertisement
lets all get along. we are in a good position. This is the first time in a long friggin time that the U had a FIRE LITE UNDER THEIR ***.

Advertisement
Back