Martell coming back is good news

Advertisement
He's a good athlete so let him back in and see if he can contribute in some way. If he throws another *****fit then send him packing

Advertisement
In any competent coaching staff, reps are given from top to bottom. If Martell is getting reps designed for othere WR's , it means he's out-performing them in practice. THAT is why I believe Martell can bring value. He's got a reputation of being a worker. See post #33 for some places the staff might find value with Martell.
I agree. what I don't want to see happen is him get reps just because he's been here longer when there may be better young Canes that would be more deserving of these reps

It's one thing to be a bad QB, but to bail on the program is inexcusable. They should drop his ***

Advertisement
Actually made me laugh the last time I saw him play, took me back to my peewee football days.

I don't like taking Tate back. He quit when he didn't get the job. Not the type of guy I want around a program that already has a tendency to pack it in when faced with adversity.

But if he comes back, it has to be as a WR.

Advertisement
Lashmee does not believe in Martell silly
That remains to be seen.
But I have not heard anything about Lashlee telling him to leave or that Tate has no shot.
I think he will honestly evaluate him in the spring and see what he can do like any good coach would.

Advertisement
Only way this is good news is if pictures of his girlfriend or ex/girlfriend and an occasional picture of his sister are posted daily on CIS...other than that I can’t see the upside...

Its a freebie, doesn't count against the 25 ICs so why not if he works hard, is a good teammate and has the right attitude. Can help on special teams and would be a nice look as the scout team QB when we face scramblers like Virginia / Perkins a year back.

Funny how there are such huge lines drawn in the sand here. There is a big area between "if he dies he dies" and "the next Aaron Murray" where the guy can still provide value even if it's not major starter reps. And there is really no risk, if he becomes a problem you tell him to leave.

Advertisement
Back