Martell coming back is good news

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
if he gets his head on straight. You don’t go 43-0 in high school, are Gatorade’s National Player of Year and are ranked as a top 50 recruit if you don’t have some ability. The year he played at OSU he played well in a system similar to Lashlees. I have no problem with King hurt having him back in spring and seeing what he can do. We can never have too many QBs

Advertisement
if he gets his head on straight. You don’t go 43-0 in high school, are Gatorade’s National Player of Year and are ranked as a top 50 recruit if you don’t have some ability. The year he played at OSU he played well in a system similar to Lashlees. I have no problem with King hurt having him back in spring and seeing what he can do. We can never have too many QBs
Unfortunately not, no. That OSU offense that Martell shined in was a lot of underneath timing throws. Quick hitches, shallow crossers, screens. Lashlee's offense has a lot more perimeter vertical throws where Tate's lack of arm talent is a problem.

Tate can run the offense with RPOs and defined single-reads like the RB/TE rail routes, leak plays, boot action, etc. but that's about it.

Advertisement
We can bring in tate as a change of pace running option like ufag did with Emory Jones maybe. But that’s the extent of it. I don’t want king running a ton

Advertisement
If he wants to play. You’re right you can never have enough arms. Between Garcia and TVD. One will be scout team qb one will be back up if kings ready.

i have no problem with tate practicing with the walk on QB’s.

Delete your profile now troll lol. Martell sucks. I swear we have the dumbest fan base.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you want to change the culture the last thing you do is bring back a guy who has been a cancer. How many times can he take a leave and be welcomed back. Its a panic move which tells me King might not be ready for the Bama game. You give a guy a second chance after that you part ways. I will predict (stunner) if Martell does not win the job he takes another leave. It also says they do not have confidence that the guys in the QB room now can start this year.

Martell would never start over Garcia or TVD. Martell is strictly a scout team QB and a last resort option if half the OL gets injured or covid and we don’t want to reschedule Duke. He would need to have a Kingesque work ethic to ever be anything more than that. Something he’s never shown thus far in his career.

Advertisement
Back