Martell’s Attorney re: NCAA Waiver

One drunk idoit at a game. And the school dismissed the said idiot. The truth is Fields was upset from lack of PT. At least Martell can argue the HC he committed to left. The football team itself has nothing to do with the racist baseball player.

Drunk mouth speaks sober thoughts.

And Fields is a baseball player, too. Will likely argue he didn’t feel comfortable staying at UGA and pursuing baseball.

Advertisement
UGA dismissed the player and his sister will continue going to school at UGA. He doesn't have anymore merit to his case.

Also, just like someone said about Martell, why not leave when it happened? Like I said either they both play or both sit. Neither one has a strong case but the NCAA has lightened up in recent years on waivers.

2mdvlh.jpg

Ohio State didn’t receive any punishment from the NCAA from the situation you’re trying to use.

I can’t imagine they will buy that argument.

If he was so appalled, why stay? He actually would have had a better case for leaving if he pushed this approach when the story broke, IMO.

The school not receiving punishment is irrelevant.

He had to stay until the end of the season because the story broke so late that it would have been too difficult to find a place to transfer to without jeopardizing his education and career, so he decided to stick it out to see if tOSU would do the right thing. By the time the issue was resolved it was too late to transfer.

No chance the NCAA rejects a waiver on these grounds. Can you imagine the backlash and the headlines? Violence against women is one of the hottest of hot button issues right now.

Advertisement
UGA dismissed the player and his sister will continue going to school at UGA. He doesn't have anymore merit to his case.

He is not his sister. Her experience at UGA has no bearing on his experience at UGA.

People really need to stop arguing this position.

I completely agree with your moral stance here. I just don't think the NCAA would grant something that sweeping. Most of them are scumbags anyway.

You think the NCAA wants to see headlines on every major newspaper in America that read, “NCAA Doesn’t Care About Violence Against Women”

Look at the positives! Worst case scenario is he doesnt get the waiver. He practices all year and learns the system, then gets 3 solid years here. Or 2 if he really balls out Heisman caliber. Now if you really think that Miami can win a championship next year because our 3 linebackers came back, then I can see some bad in this. But I dont believe Miami with this kid next year wins a championship. I can them making the acc championship hard for clemson. Either way, football will be fun again, when if you asked me 3 weeks ago, I wouldnt even discuss the canes

Advertisement
He is not his sister. Her experience at UGA has no bearing on his experience at UGA.

If his family truly thinks its best for him to leave UGA because of what a dismissed student said then it's a little strange they don't feel their daughter should be transferring out also.

The school not receiving punishment is irrelevant.

He had to stay until the end of the season because the story broke so late that it would have been too difficult to find a place to transfer to without jeopardizing his education and career, so he decided to stick it out to see if tOSU would do the right thing. By the time the issue was resolved it was too late to transfer.

No chance the NCAA rejects a waiver on these grounds. Can you imagine the backlash and the headlines? Violence against women is one of the hottest of hot button issues right now.

He could have left the team, based on his opposition to the way the school handled the coach’s situation, and still stayed in school. He wouldn’t have jeapordized anything.

Kelly Bryant left the team, but stayed at Clemson. Plenty of players leave teams, but stay enrolled.

The Fields’ case will be tied to the situation with the baseball player.

Yeah, he’s mad that Fromm gets to be the starter. But the case has merit. The situation warranted UGA dismissing the kid.

The only reason that kid got dismissed was bc he said it to Fields and it made his possible transfer situation that much more likely. If that kid had said it to someone who wasn’t in the headlines it would’ve been handled internally.

No they don’t, if he isn’t safe cause of racial tension then why is his sister or any other black athlete okay to still attend? If it’s so bad wouldn’t everyone be leaving?

Advertisement
You think the NCAA wants to see headlines on every major newspaper in America that read, “NCAA Doesn’t Care About Biolence Against Women”

No, but I really doubt that will happen. I would be more shocked to read "NCAA allows the entire OSU team to transfer and remain eligible due to FORMER coaches"

If his family truly thinks its best for him to leave UGA because of what a dismissed student said then it's a little strange they don't feel their daughter should be transferring out also.

His family is not making the decision. He, as an adult, is making the decision.

The same way Jeff Thomas is making his own decisions. Or the same way a kid declares for the NFL draft.

It has nothing to do with his sister or his family.

The Fields’ case will be tied to the situation with the baseball player.

Yeah, he’s mad that Fromm gets to be the starter. But the case has merit. The situation warranted UGA dismissing the kid.

I don't think it does. UGA corrected the matter as best they could, so you can't say they were supporting racism, so what's the reasoning? A kid called him a racist name? Yeah, that happens at lots of schools. And even when it doesn't, kids will be able to say it did. So is the metric that it has to be verifiable? Like if a kid gets called names privately he's got no recourse, but if there are witnesses he's good to go?

Personally I never would have gone to UGA in the first place because I'd just assume that's how I'd be seen. There's too much racist history in that part of the world for me to be comfortable. I feel for any kid who can't feel comfortable at their school because of sht like this, but you know we wouldn't be talking about this if he had gotten the starting job.

Advertisement
One drunk idoit at a game. And the school dismissed the said idiot. The truth is Fields was upset from lack of PT. At least Martell can argue the HC he committed to left. The football team itself has nothing to do with the racist baseball player.

Exactly. This case screams of the one a little while back where that rich kid prostested Mizzou I think it was, bc it was too expensive and was a “hostile environment.” When he had been there for like SEVEN YEARS getting multiple degrees

He could have left the team, based on his opposition to the way the school handled the coach’s situation, and still stayed in school. He wouldn’t have jeapordized anything.

Kelly Bryant left the team, but stayed at Clemson. Plenty of players leave teams, but stay enrolled.

That would have jeopardized his football career to leave the team. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place due to the timing of the whole thing and he made the best choice he could at the time. He was prepared to leave after the season, but when Meyer announced he was retiring, he thought maybe the moral issue is now gone, but when it became clear that Urban would remain an employee of the university and even teach a class on character and discipline, that was the last straw.

No they don’t, if he isn’t safe cause of racial tension then why is his sister or any other black athlete okay to still attend? If it’s so bad wouldn’t everyone be leaving?

The same way every Ole Miss player didn’t transfer. Because everyone doesn’t have to feel exactly the same about the same circumstances.

Everyone else isn’t also a baseball prospect thinking of joining the UGA baseball team.

Advertisement
Back