Martell’s Attorney re: NCAA Waiver

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, because that is a horrible, horrible legal strategy.

Throwing sh#t at the wall legal argument #8

"The problem is that my client is so handsome compared to other Ohio residents that it created undue hostility towards him. As you can clearly see, Mr Martell is at least 8. However, in the state of Ohio, he is a 10. This level of handsomeness in a sea of ugglos has been a terrible burden to Mr Martell's psyche. In Miami he would be an 8, maybe a 9, which would no longer create a hardship. Therefore, Mr. Martell should be eligible to play for the Hurricanes immediately."

Advertisement
Schools fire coaches accused of breaking rules all the time. It does not absolve the school of wrongdoing.

UGA getting rid of the kid was done so future football players don’t hold that against them.

But you better believe baseball players will.

I’m under the impression the Fields’ argument will be tied to his interest in playing baseball, and him not being comfortable to do so at UGA.

I agree with you and think this is a solid argument for Fields, but I would guess the only way he can use this argument with NCAA is if he plays baseball at OSU. Does OSU even play baseball? It would be kind of funny if he had to play baseball.

Well, at least the interview that this attorney gave to Barry Jackson was MUCH BETTER than his original interview.

THIS is what he should have been saying all along.

I have regained a bit of confidence. Hopefully, Tate and his attorney are reading this board.

Advertisement
Back