Martell’s Attorney re: NCAA Waiver

Advertisement
Whether or not people want to believe it, coaching turnover is going to play a part in future transfer discussions. These kids sign to play for a coach. He leaves and the whole deal is garbage.

Advertisement
085647DF-2AE4-4776-ACE6-36D9AFD3EBB8.gif

Advertisement
This would work in our favor now, but what happens when a kid tries to bail on us because we lost a coach? Just pointing out that these things cut both ways.

I feel like it should only happen when a HC leaves. Just for example the kids who signed with Miami in December only for Richt to retire. How's that fair to them or even the kids who signed in last year's class.

Advertisement
Do not like our chances on this. I didn't to begin with, but when your lawyer is saying "let's just throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks," that's a problem.

If Martell were going to any school other than Miami I'd be more confident, but the NCAA has a very long and well-documented history of ******** The U at every turn.

Advertisement
I don't see what case he has to be granted the waiver. He spent two years there. No special hardship. I know the NCAA has lightened up on true freshman but that seems to be about it.

It would be nice though.

He has a great case. He could no longer continue to be a student at a university that placed winning football games above the welfare of women, and who continued to employ a man who turned his cheek to violence against women.

No chance the NCAA rejects a waiver based on a moral objection to violence against women. The public backlash they’d get for that would be insane.

He has a great case. He could no longer continue to be a student at a university that placed winning football games above the welfare of women, and who continued to employ a man who turned his cheek to violence against women.

No chance the NCAA rejects a waiver based on a moral objection to violence against women. The public backlash they’d get for that would be insane.
FAD6A5CA-F4A4-4EBC-81EF-18EAC722B87B.gif

Advertisement
Back