Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
Well most would say Miami had a top 3 DL in ACC last season, and the 2 teams also up there lost like their entire DL for the most part.

The Miami DL in bowl game wasn't a fair assessment of the Miami DL for 2024.

We started

Bain
Deen
JHH
Wayne

We had ZERO backups at DE. We rotated Moten, Gore, Lichtenstein. I think Bain played every snap. We sat WAyne went to a 3 man front to give Wayne a little breather.

Am I missing anyone? We played 7 DL in bowl game.

The DL if healthy will be an upgrade over bowl game DL. One big issue was WAyne losing the edge in run defense.

Mesidor/Bain
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne/Lightfoot
In starting lineup of Mesidor Bain Clark Kelly is pretty **** good on paper if healthy. I like our DEs a bunch but questions at DT. I think Clark is a serviceable starter and I’m not sure yet on Cook. JHH is aight and hopefully Moten steps up. Having Bain at DT would help a ton but I know many are against moving him inside and I get why.

Advertisement
IMG_2587.gif

Are we going to look back 2-3 years from now and say this guy is the crown jewel of this class. Oh my. Dude is a beast.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What you mean to say here is…

Let Mario get the ingredients.

Let someone else cook.
So this works for the coach after Mario because he’s gonna recruit a monster and leave the cupboard fully stocked.

But it doesn’t work the other way for Mario with the little ingredients that was left for him by Manny to fail initially.

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

So this works for the coach after Mario because he’s gonna recruit a monster and leave the cupboard fully stocked.

But it doesn’t work the other way for Mario with the little ingredients that was left for him by Manny to fail initially.

Interested GIF by reactionseditor
What coach after Mario? 🤔

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well most would say Miami had a top 3 DL in ACC last season, and the 2 teams also up there lost like their entire DL for the most part.

The Miami DL in bowl game wasn't a fair assessment of the Miami DL for 2024.

We started

Bain
Deen
JHH
Wayne

We had ZERO backups at DE. We rotated Moten, Gore, Lichtenstein. I think Bain played every snap. We sat WAyne went to a 3 man front to give Wayne a little breather.

Am I missing anyone? We played 7 DL in bowl game.

The DL if healthy will be an upgrade over bowl game DL. One big issue was WAyne losing the edge in run defense.

Mesidor/Bain
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne/Lightfoot

We got steamrolled vs Buttgers. Deen mediocre ACC. Gore and Lichtenstein P5 level. Moten was a big disappointment, Was Horton out?

Next year 2 deep looks really good on paper but a couple injuries and we’re playing true freshmen.

Advertisement
Back