Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
I'm much higher on Kelly than WAyne.

Kelly has nice get off, and bend.

I think Kelly can develop into a higher round pick, but was just injured early in the season.

Wayne was getting washed in the bowl game, couldn't set the edge.

I think Guidry can get creative with his DL.

Can see:

Mesidor/Bain/Blount
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne

Bain and Mesidor can flip
Flop Also. I think this is the best DL in the ACC.

Advertisement
I didn’t see it this year. I know he is young but I don’t see “beast” traits.

Plays way too high, doesn’t seem to be overly explosive, needs to gain strength and doesn’t seem to have the bend needed to be a “beast” DE.

I can’t wait till Miami has true elite nfl talent again. I think 90% of the ppl on this board don’t even know what a “beast” or nfl talent looks like anymore.

I think Wayne can be a very productive rotational player for Miami. Nothing wrong with that.
As said, and all that needs to be said in a rebuttal is that he was a true freshman. We’ve lost the meaning, expectation, and patience for development. Instant gratification, portal, brand new shiny recruit etc etc..

Wayne will be a beast before he leaves the University of Miami. He is working with Jason Taylor and it will pay off big time.

As said, and all that needs to be said in a rebuttal is that he was a true freshman. We’ve lost the meaning, expectation, and patience for development. Instant gratification, portal, brand new shiny recruit etc etc..

Wayne will be a beast before he leaves the University of Miami. He is working with Jason Taylor and it will pay off big time.
He’s also really tall so it makes sense he plays too upright that’s not exactly the easiest thing to avoid when you’re in the middle of the game

To your point he’s in great hands and I’m pumped to see him take a step next year

I mean she’s lying but I love it lol
Nah I think she is a word smith.... look at what she wrote. Miami never "led" their recruiting with NIL. I took that to mean that we prob called him up and said "Hey Marquise, come to UM, look at our alumni base, history, aggressive defense that will highlight your traits, we have crab claws, latinas and the beach, oh and BTW here is an NIL package"

We didnt lead our recruiting pitch with NIL, we just concluded it with it.

Advertisement
Nah I think she is a word smith.... look at what she wrote. Miami never "led" their recruiting with NIL. I took that to mean that we prob called him up and said "Hey Marquise, come to UM, look at our alumni base, history, aggressive defense that will highlight your traits, we have crab claws, latinas and the beach, oh and BTW here is an NIL package"

You know what you’re 100% right.

I think Kelly can develop into a higher round pick, but was just injured early in the season.

Can see:

Mesidor/Bain/Blount
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne

I'll be interested to see how our DT develop. I think we will be atleast second best idk if the D line will be better then clemsons though.

Can see:

Mesidor/Bain/Blount
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne

I’m not even disagreeing with your assessment that Kelly has more upside than Wayne because I really like Kelly but man did he look disappointing out there this year. I thought kid was going to take a major step forward and just looked meh as a pass rusher and couldn’t stay healthy.

I think it’s too early for both but this is exactly why you stack talent at all times. Both Wayne and Kelly had day 1 or 2 ceilings IMHO but right now I’m not so sure. Good news is it’s early but once again gotta stack talent cause you never know if the player will hit or not. In the past we would have gotten a Kelly and all of our hopes and dreams would be on him at DE. Now we have the luxury of hoping either Kelly or Wayne hit with a sure thing in Bain already there.

This is how a Bama does it. They load up so much that they trick you into thinking they don’t have busts at the college level. No, they have tons they just always have enough where someone or 3 will step up.

Can see:

Mesidor/Bain/Blount
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne

Kelly had the exact same issues in his true freshman year preinjury. Held up better this season when healthy, but lost at least some of his explosiveness. I would chalk that up to youth and inexperience for both of them. Kelly is really young and has been banged up two years in a row, so he's almost like a first year, too.

The positive is that Kelly and Wayne both played at least as well as Harvey did as a redshirt freshman. So their floor is higher than his ceiling. Will they be All ACC or All American? No idea. But they can still be really good for us. ... Not too many Bains exist. These kids are definitely good. Hopefully our incoming DEs are even better,

Advertisement

Can see:

Mesidor/Bain/Blount
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne

Agreed. Wayne doesn't look to have much bend, but is long and can clean up a lot of sacks after the pocket breaks down like Rousseau albeit a lesser degree.

This is how a Bama does it. They load up so much that they trick you into thinking they don’t have busts at the college level. No, they have tons they just always have enough where someone or 3 will step up.

@Dwinstitles right now reading this

Hand To Chest GIF by Tony Awards

Hookers and blow.

Let's move on.

Advertisement
Clemson lost their best DT Ruke O, DE Xavier Thomas, All ACC DT Tyler Davis, starting DE Justin Mascoll.

Their DL will be good, but if Mesidor is healthy, Miami's will be the best.
I hope so I know Peter Woods and TJ Parker look like they are going to be good. I just want to see it with us, hopefully Mesidor can return to form and I know last year I was reading on here how Deen and Gore were going to be really good. Deen had his moments but that Rutgers game is still to recent for me to count Clemson out already. I think we have them at edge just want to see Dt.

Advertisement
Best d-line in acc this year
Based on what? We have injured guys that haven’t proven much outside of Mesidor. We have some highly rated freshmen and some roll player transfers. We just got our **** pushed in by a middle of the road Big 10 team with a lot of the same guys we will have next year. Make no mistake we need big jumps from some guys to be the best d line in the conference next year

Based on what? We have injured guys that haven’t proven much outside of Mesidor. We have some highly rated freshmen and some roll player transfers. We just got our **** pushed in by a middle of the road Big 10 team with a lot of the same guys we will have next year. Make no mistake we need big jumps from some guys to be the best d line in the conference next year
Well considering that same team ran over and through OSU DL(Starters) for 232 yards and the RB Monangai ran for 159 on them alone I would say Rutgers OL and running game was pretty legit. They actually averaged more yards a cary 6.6 against OSU than against our Backup DL.

Well most would say Miami had a top 3 DL in ACC last season, and the 2 teams also up there lost like their entire DL for the most part.

The Miami DL in bowl game wasn't a fair assessment of the Miami DL for 2024.

We started

Bain
Deen
JHH
Wayne

We had ZERO backups at DE. We rotated Moten, Gore, Lichtenstein. I think Bain played every snap. We sat WAyne went to a 3 man front to give Wayne a little breather.

Am I missing anyone? We played 7 DL in bowl game.

The DL if healthy will be an upgrade over bowl game DL. One big issue was WAyne losing the edge in run defense.

Mesidor/Bain
Bain/JHH/Cook/Jones
Clark/Moten/Scott
Kelly/Wayne/Lightfoot

Advertisement
Back